Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device only working when plugged into charger

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello, I have a brand new Alta I got and it's doing the same thing as the others. On the charger it is perfect and working but when I unplugged it it doesn't work at all. I did the update. Could that be the problem? Please help, thank you!

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @PhoenixYoung, welcome to the Community Forums!

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and the details that were shared in your post. If you haven't already done so, I recommend you to check our help article: Why isn't my battery charging on my Fitbit device? and let me know how it goes. Such article includes a restart process which can be really helpful for this situation

Let me know if you have any additional questions, I'll be here.

Best Answer
0 Votes
The battery is charging and everything that is supposed to come up on the
screen does while it's on the charger. And it eventually says full battery
on the device and on the app. I've restarted it as well.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue.  Started late last night.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome aboard @Tbuenzli and thanks for your reply @PhoenixYoung.

@PhoenixYoung Your update is appreciated, thanks for troubleshooting your Alta with me. Let me share with you that our Customer Support team was contacted on your behalf to provide you with further assistance regarding the difficulties you're currently experiencing. That said, please keep an eye on your email inbox because they'll be in touch with you pretty soon. 

@Tbuenzli Your post is appreciated. To move forward with your concern, can you please let me know if the steps from my previous post were already tried? I'll be waiting for your reply.

Don't hesitate to ask me any additional questions you may have, I'll be around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried all the steps you outline for rebooting the device and then I left it on the charger overnight to be sure it was fully charged.  It indicates it is ready, shows 100% charge.  Then you pull it off the charger and in less than a minute it completely goes blank again and is in responsive until you put it back on the charger.

Best Answer
0 Votes