Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta won’t hold a charge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I plug my Alta in and it looks like it’s charging. I even left it in the charger all night to be sure. It only gets to 75%. Then it quickly dies. It used to last me a few days before having to charge it again. Now it barley makes it a few hours. What’s going on?

Edit: now it only stays on when plugged in. Once unplugged and on my wrist, it turns off. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

I am having the exact same problem. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Exact same issue here. And super abruptly too. Last week it charged and lasted as usual (approx 5-7 days).  And in the last couple of days, the charge won’t hold a whole day. 

Best Answer

Mines is doing the same. It charged fully then dies 3 hours later

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine too! I wonder if it has to do with how old they are? Mine’s about 3 years? How long do they usually last?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is only a year old and it seems strange to all suddenly be having this issue at the same time? Mine also wont connect to my phone anymore, the advice to forget blutooth connection...and now I cannot reconnect  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine just shuts off, and I cant get it to reset 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I contacted support who told me it’s just old. Mine was about 3yrs as well.
They offered me a coupon code for 35% off a replacement. Since they don’t make altas anymore, they suggested the inspire 2. So I got the hubs to order one for my stocking. However, even though that’s the model Fitbit recommended, they failed to mention the coupon code doesn’t work on *new* models. They refused to honour the coupon even though they admitted providing me with wrong info. 

Best Answer

Mine says it has 24% of the battery left, and within a few hours the battery is dead. I think the syncing is way off. That is where I get that there is 24% of the battery is left.

Best Answer
0 Votes