Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta won't respond

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Alta is fully charged, and I've reset it by pressing the button 3 times while plugged in, and then nothing happens. Its showing as fully charged, but when I unplug it the screen is blank and doesn't respond when I tap/move the device.

Also not syncing with my device. Any suggestions?!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi, my Alta is doing the same thing - display won't come on unless it's connected to the charger and numerous resets have not helped. Battery is 3/4 full. I have reset about 12 times in succession, seeing the fitbit logo and V 21.40.02 each time, yet when I unplug the Alta from the charger, the screen won't come on anymore. Plug it back in and boom, I can see the various screens (steps, calories, etc) but it's frozen at June 17 and showing my data for that day. Please help. I love my Alta and just want it to work again. Thanks.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
15 REPLIES 15

Same thing on mine. ☹️

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @PheeMaree ! It's nice to see you around @Mrjwhit ! I am sorry for the delayed response. 

@Mrjwhit thanks so much for taking the time to troubleshoot the issues you're experiencing with your tracker. Let's try to resolve the issue with the display first. Could you confirm if these are the steps you took to restart your device: How do I restart my Fitbit device? I recommend doing the restart several times to see if the issue gets resolved. 

@PheeMaree thank you for sharing your experience. Have you tried to restart your device several times? 

Keep me posted on the outcome!

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The screen works while it's on the charger. However, when you pull it off the charger it shows the "fitbit logo and then goes dark. Tapping it doesn't change it or cause it to "wake up". 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Mrjwhit, it's nice to see you in our Community Forums! 

Thank you for sharing the details of the issue you're experiencing with your Fitbit Alta. Have you tried to restart your device several times? 

Keep me posted!

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Was this issue ever resolved. My Alta is doing the exact same thing. I've restarted over and over again and the same thing happens. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing with mine.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Justdoit2019 and @Brendadewild

@Justdoit2019 thank you for joining the conversation and sharing your experience. I appreciate your troubleshooting efforts. Since the issue persists, I'll send your case to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution. You will receive an email from them soon.

@Brendadewild thank you for sharing your experience. Upon checking with our Support team, I was told that you have already contacted them. I know they will be glad to help you out and provide you a solution, please keep working with them.

If you have any questions, feel free to let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

same here!

It looks it is charged and when I tap it right after I take it off the charger, it displays battery, date, steps, etc, but once display disappears, it won't respond and remain black...

it is very frustrating!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue. Help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My alta won't respond.  It shows fully charged and is responsive on charger.  When pulled from charger it is blank and nonresponsive.  I've rebooted several times.  Can this issue be resolved?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has there been a fix the Alta have to be plug back in to have it come back on again. Battery can never fully charge , it stays at 3/4 and no more but it keeps shutting off 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did yours respond? I am having problem today

Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s does for about 20 mins and goes off again. It a piece of s—t

Best Answer

Hi, my Alta is doing the same thing - display won't come on unless it's connected to the charger and numerous resets have not helped. Battery is 3/4 full. I have reset about 12 times in succession, seeing the fitbit logo and V 21.40.02 each time, yet when I unplug the Alta from the charger, the screen won't come on anymore. Plug it back in and boom, I can see the various screens (steps, calories, etc) but it's frozen at June 17 and showing my data for that day. Please help. I love my Alta and just want it to work again. Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes