Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta won't turn on

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Despite being two thirds charged and recently synced my Alta will not  always turn on.  The charge only has to be slightly down and it will not work.  It missed recording a long walk I did this morning which is very disappointing.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi, @GaynorR , I can see that that would be really frustrating!  Unfortunately the Alta is now quite an old device, and, as you may be aware, all rechargeable batteries will deteriorate over time and sudden, rapid drain can be a characteristic of a battery that is coming to the end of its life.

Maybe it is time to update your Fitbit friend?  They have made a lot of progress since the Alta!  You may enjoy the Inspire 2 or the even newer Luxe.  It might be worth getting in touch with Fitbit Customer Support to see what they suggest.  I have heard that they are sometimes able to offer a discount to loyal Fitbit users who want to upgrade their out of warranty device.  Might be worth a try!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have found that if I keep my Fitbit charging as I am using my computer it doesn't give up on me, so I have got into the habit of doing that.  Thanks for your input.

Gaynor R.

Best Answer
0 Votes