Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta works for half a day

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Alta has randomly decided to only work for half a day. It will be fully charged, but it will suddenly be unresponsive. Now it is has decided to be unresponsive when it isn't connected to my laptop. Argh. 

I tried charging it and the same thing happened. It thinks its syncing to my phone but the sync date is completely wrong, like a different month and year. 

I have connected it to the charging cord, plugged into my laptop and pressed the button three times with a pause between. It restarts but the sync date is still wrong and still only responds when it's plugged it. Otherwise it won't work. Please help!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @Miri28 

if the time is incorrect on the Fitbit it means it’s not syncing properly. 

please restart your Fitbit at least three times, restart your phone and then sync again. 

please let us know if this was helpful or if you need additional guidance.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply and suggestion. After I posted my issue, I did more troubleshooting and I got it to sync and show the correct date and time. 

My Alta was working as it used to, but only for 2 hours. It had a fully charged battery and synced without issue. 2hrs later, the screen is unresponsive to touch or movement and because of this it is not connecting to my phone to sync, as it was. 

When it was functional this evening, I set an alarm for tomorrow morning. I want to see if this is still functional or not. 

I plugged it into my laptop again and the battery shows a small decrease for the hours it was on and the screen is responsive again. I have reset it again and synced it to my phone again. 

I'll see how long it goes this time. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was having the same issue with mine since Aug 9 2020. I was just about to chuck it in the trash even after I tried removing, reinstalling, Bluetooth syncing and resetting the app. Last ditch effort I decided to remove the bands and clean the connections gently but thoroughly with a damp cloth and soap. Wouldn't you know it, it is now staying synced and tracking my steps again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been feeling the same way. I am so frustrated with it not working. 

Thank you for the idea. I tried it but sadly it didn't make any change 😞 

After charging it last night via my laptop it was syncing to my phone without issue and the display was responsive. But about 20mins later, I noticed the display wasn't showing when I turned my wrist or touched the screen. I tried to sync to my phone and it wouldn't respond. I plugged it back to my laptop and it buzzed as it should and showed the display and battery was full, etc. 

As a test, I set an alarm for this morning, but it never went off. The display still wasn't responsive and the Alta wasn't speaking to my cell. Now it has been 13hrs that I had it on since last night. I plugged it into my laptop and the display shows like it has been.... But it says that I have only taken 13 steps lol...my cell phone has a built in step counter app. The Alta is 420 steps off from my phone.

I wore it to bed and it didn't capture my sleep at all 😔

I am starting to think that this cannot be fixed. 

Best Answer