Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change to non dominant wrist

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I've followed all the instructions to try and find how to change my Fitbit to other wrist, the info given is not on the screen. This is so frustrating. Can anyone help please.
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @RuthMK @scootrn2! Glad to see you around in the Community! Thank you @Odyssey13 @JessicaKaye for the great help! Smiley Very Happy

@scootrn2 regarding your question, you can wear your tracker in any wrist you want, no matter your Wrist Placement and Handedness settings, because they only determine the sensitivity of your tracker to track steps when you move your arm.

@RuthMK For changing the Wrist Placement and Handedness setting, please open the app and go to Account:

App dashboard.PNG

You will be taken to your Account page. There, please tap on your tracker tile: 

app account.PNG

After you tap on it, you will be taken to the tracker's settings. There, you will see the Wrist Placement and Handedness settings: 

app tracker.PNG

You can change the settings depending on where you want to wear your tracker (Wrist Placement) and which is your dominant hand (Handedness):

App wrist placement.PNGApp handeness.PNG

Make sure to sync your tracker after you change it, so it can save the changes in your tracker. 

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions. Woman Very Happy

Annie| Community Moderator

Was my answer helpful? Awesome! Let's help our fellow Fitbitters by marking this as a solution, and vote up! 😄

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

Hello and welcome to the forums @RuthMK

You can always change it here - click

Keep on stepping!

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Ruth:

I'm right handed and for a few weeks I wore my "alta" on my right wrist. I decided to change to my left wrist. So I just moved it over to my left wrist with no problem.  Have you tried just moving it over with no instructions? I hope you are able to wear it on the wrist you want. I probably didn't help much with your question if that didn't work.   Hopefully you will have an answer soon.
Myra

Moderator edit: Format. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

On the FitBit App it is under Account > Alta > Wrist.

Best Answer
If you mean the App on my phone. If I go to Account there's no Alta - wrist. This is the most annoying thing seriously thinking of returning it.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @RuthMK @scootrn2! Glad to see you around in the Community! Thank you @Odyssey13 @JessicaKaye for the great help! Smiley Very Happy

@scootrn2 regarding your question, you can wear your tracker in any wrist you want, no matter your Wrist Placement and Handedness settings, because they only determine the sensitivity of your tracker to track steps when you move your arm.

@RuthMK For changing the Wrist Placement and Handedness setting, please open the app and go to Account:

App dashboard.PNG

You will be taken to your Account page. There, please tap on your tracker tile: 

app account.PNG

After you tap on it, you will be taken to the tracker's settings. There, you will see the Wrist Placement and Handedness settings: 

app tracker.PNG

You can change the settings depending on where you want to wear your tracker (Wrist Placement) and which is your dominant hand (Handedness):

App wrist placement.PNGApp handeness.PNG

Make sure to sync your tracker after you change it, so it can save the changes in your tracker. 

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions. Woman Very Happy

Annie| Community Moderator

Was my answer helpful? Awesome! Let's help our fellow Fitbitters by marking this as a solution, and vote up! 😄

Best Answer

Thank you so much that was very helpful!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Great job of looking it up and finding your answer @Wclerk1

There is a huge forum to explore and friends to make in this community.

Welcome to your new home!

Best Answer
0 Votes

For the Fitbit 3, in the app, press the upper right icon (to me it looks like a credit card lol) 

On the next screen, click on the pic of the Fitbit 3.

Then, scroll down until you see "Wrist placement."

Click that and choose your dominant or non-dominant wrist!

(I made screenshots, but can't set seem to post them here).

Best Answer
0 Votes

For the Fitbit 3, in the app, press the upper right icon (to me it looks like a credit card lol).

On the next screen, click on the pic of the Fitbit 3.

Then, scroll down until you see "Wrist placement."

Click that and choose your dominant or non-dominant wrist!

(I made screenshots, but can't set seem to post them here).

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi! Your link goes to a 404 page. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @MichelleP12

Looks like the link was old. The post I made was in November 2016,

To find how to change it, go to settings of your device on the dashboard.

Hope you're enjoying your Fitbit!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This was the same problem I was having except that I followed all these steps and both settings are correct, it just will not flip the screen around on the device itself, so it is upside down if I wear it on my right wrist with the charging part facing out from my wrist. It changed the first time I set it, but I had to re-start my Alta once, and after that it flipped back to the default screen orientation for wearing it on the left wrist. You said that it does not matter though, correct? So, will it just not be as accurate then, because that will stink 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

This page is now out of date since Fitbit has changed the layout of the menus. Needs updating. No need for a answer as eventally found the setting.

Best Answer
0 Votes