Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cracked screen

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My wife’s Alta HR has a very badly cracked screen, this is a replacement for her original device which also developed a crack in the screen. My Charge 2, also a replacement, has a cracked screen as well. I would like to replace both these with up to date devices but how do I know that they too will not develop cracked screens. This is my dilemma. Do I risk splashing out on new Fitbit’s or do I go for the much cheaper Kore devices with excellent reviews and life time warranties?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Grazzh that decision is yours to make. I can only tell you that I have had several fitbits over the years and have never had a cracked screen. If you find the screens too fragile then either put a screen protector on your Fitbit as soon as you get it as this will help protect the screen from damage (many brands available from Amazon), or go for one with a gorilla glass screen which are much tougher (Fitbit smart watches have a gorilla glass screen - Sense, Versa and Ionic)

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @Grazzh that decision is yours to make. I can only tell you that I have had several fitbits over the years and have never had a cracked screen. If you find the screens too fragile then either put a screen protector on your Fitbit as soon as you get it as this will help protect the screen from damage (many brands available from Amazon), or go for one with a gorilla glass screen which are much tougher (Fitbit smart watches have a gorilla glass screen - Sense, Versa and Ionic)

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Hi NellyG, I hear what you are saying about screen protectors but they would not have save our screens as the cracks are ask a result of some internal or material failure. It is as if the inside is trying to break out, there is a definite upward bulge in the screens. So far over the years I have bought 4 Fitbit’s for my family, 3 of which, plus 2 replacements had developed cracked screens, none of which I think could have been prevented with screen protectors. That is quite a high failure rate.967120B8-95BB-4098-A38C-73F303B88821.jpegB9083B5B-B3B8-4505-A449-D766BC1B9D50.jpeg7CC90834-3119-42C2-9313-37EBCA9E4954.jpeg66F94A7E-C530-4189-B480-2573BCE71181.jpeg

Best Answer

I agree with you there, I had a screen protector put onto my screen and woke up to it cracked very similar to the pictures you have above.. Not happy with this, as I have been extremely careful and even gone the extra mile by investing in a screen protector.. 

Best Answer

I’m afraid this isn’t a satisfactory response. My previous Fitbit device had no problems with the screen but was recalled Fitbit due to a safety issue. The replacement Sense Fitbit has a obvious design flaw with the rounded screen which is faulty in my view and my view is confirmed by hundreds of other unsatisfied Sense Fitbit customers in the Fitbit community forums and many other than external forums. I never had any problems with scratches and cracks on my previous product from Fitbit.

Stating that screen damage is not covered by warranty is in contradiction to our consumer rights when replacement Fitbit had an inferior and obviously faulty screen design
Best Answer
0 Votes