Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device working only when plugged into the charger

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit has been unresponsive when off the charger , I have unconnected it to my phone and also reconnected several times with no results , each time I plug it in it in a way resets , it works fine when plugged in but when I take it out of it turns off it becomes unresponsive. Please help

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

facing a similar issue with my device aswell 🙄

Best Answer

Hello @kumarsn and @Antoniohjnbb, welcome to the Community Forums!

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and for troubleshooting your devices prior to posting. If you haven't already done so, I recommend you to check our help article: Why isn't my battery charging on my Fitbit device? and let me know how it goes.

Let me know if you have any additional questions, I'll be here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem.  I’ve tried all of the troubleshooting tips and they aren’t working.  It is VERY frustrating, especially given this is a brand new device.  

Best Answer

Same thing has been happening to me. It’s so frustrating. And when I talked to the customer support, they told me there’s nothing more that can be done since my device is beyond the warranty period of 1 year. I was like okay, what if I want to buy a new Fitbit, will I get a discount in exchange of the old one. They were like it’s not in our policies to do that. I used to love fitbit and couldn’t ever imagine changing to other brand. But now I am looking at other brands. Much cheaper and the reviews are good too. Anyway, this particular issue apart, I feel like fitbit’s quality is getting down and prices are going up. My friend’s brand new Versa won’t sync with his android phone and it’s heart rate sensor is also defective. As much as I want to support this brand, I can’t help but feel betrayed. I am looking at other options and I suggest you all to do the same. Love..

Best Answer

And I completely forgot to mention. I was so happy with my Alta initially that I bought 3 more for my mom, dad and sister without a second thought. Out of which, my sister’s Alta was facing the same issues as mine and is now completely useless. It’s only a matter of time when my parents’ Fitbits also start behaving in the same manner. Frustrating!

Best Answer