Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Factory Reset for Alta?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How can I factory reset my alta?

Best Answer
234 REPLIES 234

My Alta won't connect to my iPhone 6. It just keeps saying 'searching'. 

Ive tried to reset it and nothing happens. I press the button for 2 seconds 3 times and the logo doesn't come on. 

What do I do besides throwing it at the wall?????? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @Misscocoapops, is it plugged in and charging when you press the button?

If you cannot get it to restart, you may need to get in touch with Fitbit Customer Support (contact.fitbit.com) and get them to talk you through the set up.

Don't throw it at the wall!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

Thanks for your reply. 

I ended up doing a live chat with Fitbit customer support. They were extremely helpful, we sorted it out eventually. 

I had to reset my Alta, reset my phone, it took a couple of goes and it did end up working. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Cannot get my new fit bit alta to pair with device

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Elaine. I had the same issue with my Alta. I went on to the Fitbit customer support page, and did a live chat with customer support and it got sorted out. 

You can try it yourself, google how to reset the Alta and do that, then turn off and on your device. If that doesn't work I'd suggest contacting customer support b

Best Answer
0 Votes
What kind of device are you trying to pair it with? I have had no problem pairing with IPhone 7... my sis paired with her computer
Carlotta

Sent from Carla's iPhone 🌸
Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm not having a problem
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you. This was helpful

Best Answer

I understand now that there's no factory reset for the Alta that I have. My Alta was replaced due to battery function.  The old one still works, but you need to charge it every other day. My mom is interested in buying a Fitbit so I suggest she tried my old one for a couple days. Having to charge it every other day just trying it out, doesn't seem like a big deal. Anyway, we cannot get my old FitBit to connect to her phone. Why is this?

Best Answer
It might not have enough battery strength

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't have a button on my charge cord. The only button I see on a charge item is the charging dock I got with it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
It's on the usb cord. I barely seen mine
Best Answer
It is actually fully charged 😞
Maybe I'll try the dongle over the weekend
Best Answer
0 Votes
It's just a small circle on one side of cord... nothing on it says that it's a button.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If it's not holding a charge for longer than a day it might not be enough for a proper sync

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've tried the reset, I get the logo and the version number and then it goes back to being stuck on the setup link. What do I do???

Best Answer
0 Votes

The quickest and best way to get help is to go onto the Fitbit website and contact customer support. I did mi e through a live chat and it was very easy and helpful. 

Best Answer

I tried this a couple of nights ago, and it helped out the most! Thank you so much for sharing! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I cannot find the button on the charger to reset my fitbit alta

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine doesn't have that button. Flex charger does. Alta doesn't

Best Answer
0 Votes