Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Factory Reset for Alta?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How can I factory reset my alta?

Best Answer
234 REPLIES 234

@TeddySis, your last message was blank. Do you need more help or have any comments?

Looking forward to hear from you soon!

Best Answer
Hey....I'm very impressed you did any followup, so THANKS!

I was really struggling to get my Fitbit Alta to connect with my Galaxy S7
Edge. I thought I was connected, thought I had done the initial firmware
update, but then the 2 just wouldn't talk to each other. I tried to then
connect the Alta to my work iPhone 6, but it was already paired with my S7
Edge, so that wasn't going to work. I really was ready to send it back
since I hadn't seen any indication that you all had a date where the 2
would work together, but I ultimately found a posting that said I should
connect up to a computer first, THEN to the S7 Edge. That finally worked
and I'm very happy with it.

One feature you all should think about adding. It's great that I get a
reminder to walk, but some bad habits are hard to break. Maybe a little
mild to mid electro-shock would get people moving. 🙂 JK, well maybe.
Think about it at least.

My wife wants one, but she really wants the heart rate monitor feature.
Any chance that might be in the Alta's near future?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Not for the current Alta as it doesn't has the hardware to monitor heart rate.. @MarkInMonument

Feel free to add your vote / comment to @Aliciagins 's suggestion on the Feature Requests subforum:

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for stopping by @MarkInMonument. I'm glad to hear that you were able to sync your Alta with your S7 edge.  I think your electro shock idea is a little weird but it definitely would work to make you move. Smiley Very Happy At this time, Alta doesn't have a heart rate sensor but as our good friend @SunsetRunner mentioned you can check and vote for the Next Generation Alta includes HR feature Request. 

Catch you later!

Best Answer
Same... But battery level is the only thing I see. Old info is still in device.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer
0 Votes
I was trying to do both actually, but out of the box, it didn't want to
connect with my cell phone. But because the Alta thought it was paired to
my phone, it didn't want to pair with anything else. I finally got it to
connect with the dongle on the computer. After a firmware update, things
were much better and all is working fine now.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I now need to do both. I followed directions to sync Alta to iPhone 6, this was successful. Alta showed up in app as expected only it wasn't connected to Bluetooth. I own the Fitbit Charge and it was the only device the Bluetooth recognized. I think phone wouldn't let me add another device. Alta had the correct time and date. But doesn't reset at the end of the day. I went to the online Fitbit help to try to get the phone to recognize the new device. I removed the Alta from my iPhone thinking a re-do might work. Now I can't get Alta to reload or sync with phone. I have tried the 8 sec reset as well. I've run out of ideas! Help!

Sent from Carla's iPhone 🌸
Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarkInMonument, I'm glad to hear that your Alta is working fine after the Firmware update Robot LOL.

Thank you for stopping by @Carlotta5. I would recommend to forget your Alta and Charge HR from your iPhone (remove them from the Bluetooth) and try to set up your Alta again. 

If you're still experiencing issues to set up your Fitbit Alta with your iPhone 6 you can check this Fitbit Alta charging/set up post

Catch you later! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just recently aquired a Fitbil Alta from one of my friends.  She used it for 1 month in April of 2016.

I set up a new account and sync it to my phone.  This is my second day of use and it says that I have earned badges.  Upon investigation they are from the time in April that she used the device.  Is there anyway to reset the badges?  Will a factory set erase her steps from April.  I tried the driving method reset and can not tell if it worked.  It still shows a her lifetime and best achievements. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @Badwolf757.  At this time, there's no option to delete earned badges. I would recommend to Contact Support to receive assistance, I believe that it would be better if you create a new account and start over. 

Keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your response.  I reached out to Contact Support today, so I hope to hear back from them.

Are you suggesting I created another new account?  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for getting back to us @Badwolf757 and for contacting Suppot. You could ask to delete your current account to remove the badges and create a new one to start over.

Let me know how it goes? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there! I have not been using an app at all with my Alta as it doesn't seem to like my Blackberry Priv even though it is running on Android. Anyhoo, all I need is for the Alta to reset to zero. Somehow, it started reading the wrong time as of yesterday and so everything is off. The restart is usless. How can this be fixed? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'd really like to see a factory reset option for if the device needs to be returned to the merchant.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey hey hey, welcome to the Forums @theajayieffect and @Gort Robot LOL. Blackberry phone isn't a supported device @theajayieffect, so it won't sync all the time. You can check the supported devices list.

@Gort, currently, there's no a factory reset option and if you remove the device from your account your information won't be longer there:

remove.png

You can also add your factory reset idea to our Feature Requests.

Catch you later!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I reset mine by pressing the button on the cord (the topside near the end you pug in computer/wall plug) while plugged in...hold button in for a few seconds.. Watch for screen to change
Best Answer

Straight out of the box, after plugging it in and doing the setup at 7pm, my fitbit alta is telling me Ive walked 1700 steps today, slept for an hour at 6am and 6 hours at 11a, eaten food, and drank water....?  Is there no way to reset this so my "weekly" reports arent messed up?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Plug in and push reset button on cord...push in 3 times a couple sec apart. It will tell you on screen that it reset 😀

Sent from Carla's iPhone 🌸
Best Answer
0 Votes

It's nice to see new faces around @FirstLight! Sometimes new devices show steps when they are out from the box. I woldn't recommended to delete those steps, since it's a small amount. If you still would like to delete them: go to the log page and manually log driving as an activity for that period and it will remove the steps during that time frame:  activities.

I hope this information helps. Thank you for sharing your reset advise @Carlotta5Robot LOL

Catch you later!

Best Answer
0 Votes