Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Alta Fell Off & Now Lost!

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am Very Upset! My wife bought me a Fitbit Alta (Black/Large) for an early Father's Day present. I loved it! and was so happy to help me with getting fit.
Well today while out walking at Disneyland it fell off! I haven't even had it 10 days! The strap on this is terrible! If it comes off while walking & limited activity, how are you suppose to do increased activity? You would think there would be a clasp or some kind of lock to keep it from coming off! My wife is upset too since this was the gift she bought for me so she & I could challenge each other to stay active, now it's gone! $129+ for less than 10 days :-(...
Fitbit needs to improve this band!
I sure wouldn't recommend the Fitbit Alta to my friends or co-workers if it falls off that easily!

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
127 REPLIES 127
I'm sorry for the trouble you are having. Unfortunately, it took multiple emails and using "Attention Manager/Supervisor" written in the beginning. I was told to go to Walmart where I'd bought mine. However, my issue was that it was lost due to their defective band design. I wrote back to them saying that it wasn't Walmart's fault, and they shouldn't have to reimburse me.  
So, all I can advise is to continue to pester them until they make it right.  I'm already having issues with the replacement they eventually sent me. I will never buy anything from them again and I warn everyone who asks me about it. Fitbit knows the issues but clearly aren't interested in fixing them for customers. Hope you get your issue resolved.
Best Answer

Hi,
Your issues are worse than mine. I lost mine, but had it replaced. Done
deal. Now I wear a hair band around the strap as a safety. Hoping not to
lose it again. Hope your issues aare resolved soon.
Carolyn

Carolyn Yost
Certified AVON Training Leader

Moderator edit: personal info

Best Answer
0 Votes

Lost mine today! Really sad, just suddenly gone, No idea exactly when it happened. I was driving and made several stops over 500 km trip. Would not buy this type again! Ionly had it about one month!

Best Answer

Hi everyone! I'm glad to see some new faces around! Robot Very Happy

Thanks to the ones sharing their experience with Customer Support. I'm glad to see they helped you out!

In this case, I'd recommend contacting Customer Support and they will gladly help you to get back on track. Just please keep in mind our Return and Warranty policies. Keep in mind that they provide the best solution, according to our policies. 

Let me know if you have any further questions! Smiley Wink

Annie| Community Moderator

Was my answer helpful? Awesome! Let's help our fellow Fitbitters by marking this as a solution, and vote up! 😄

Best Answer

I've had my Alta since they came out and it just fell off Saturday! I've always been careful because I'd read stories. I didn't upgrade the band because I felt like the original one was flatter and more comfortable. Bad mistake. The band that comes with the Alta is crap and will cause you to lose your $140 fitness tracker.  I am hopeful someone will try to activate it try to find me. Support offered me 25% off which is a joke because they are less than that on sale right now for the holidays. I will be sharing my story on every social media and review site possible! I really don't want this to happen to anyone else and Fitbit needs to fix the design, it's obviously a known design flaw. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the forums @KristieA! I'm very sorry to hear your Fitbit Alta got lost. 

Thank you for providing us with your feedback in regards the situation and the quality of the band. We always strive to improve our products and services, so this is super important for us! 

Please keep in mind that our Customer Support team provides the best solution, following our Return and Warranty PoliciesThough customer satisfaction remains our number one goal, the demands of running a global business require that we now enforce our warranty consistently. 

Let me know if you need anything else! I'll be around. 😄

Moderator edit: format

Annie| Community Moderator

Was my answer helpful? Awesome! Let's help our fellow Fitbitters by marking this as a solution, and vote up! 😄

Best Answer

mine also started falling off yesterday after wearing it just six months.  I've just now bought a hardier looking band from Amazon.  The people above are right: the band the alta comes has an obvious design flaw that should be addressed rather than ignored

Best Answer

It's great to have you here! I hope you're doing well @Vespine0! Thanks for sharing your experience with Fitbit Alta. This feedback is really important to Fitbit since it helps to keep improving their products and services. This has not gone unnoticed and be sure that I will pass this along. 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've now had 3 bands.... all from Fitbit since the Alta release in April. I've complained each time and got a replacement band but now I'm fed up. Going to try eBay for a new band, see if they are stronger. I may try the Charge HR2 as I love the features but Alta band is just not fit for purpose 😔

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Gatesgang! Thanks for sharing your experience, your Feedback is greatly appreciated. I recommend contacting the Support Team so they can get you back on track as soon as possible, they'll be more than glad to assist you. I recommend checking this great post in order to learn more about the Charge 2. 

See you around! 

Magin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer

I totally agree ..... moderator, please pass this info on to the "powers
that be" at FitBit 🙂

Carolyn

Moderator edit: Removed personal information/Format

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @carolyn9678! if you're experiencing these type of inconveniences please contact the Support Team, they'll be more than glad to assist you. 

Keep me posted! 

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes
the leather and metal band I got from amazon.ca is perfect! So glad I
didn't just ask for a replacement
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Magin, I'm all set, but thought you might want to hear what others were saying in response to my original post.  i just thought that as moderator, you were reading comments & telling a Team at FitBit what wearers are posting.

Carolyn

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Vespine0 It's great to hear that you've found the solution to the problem you were experiencing. 🙂 

@carolyn9678 Yeah! Fitbit is aware of your feedback, your voice is being heard thank you so much! 

See you around! 

Best Answer

I am bummed.   I loved my FitBit Alta but it fell off at the AirPort. 

I'm happy they offered you a replacement.  

When I called support, I was dissappointed to be offered a discount on an  expensive upsale of a new product I didn't want. This is my second lost fitbit due to the product band. 

When I mentioned the band falls off easily, he said he'd never heard of that problem before. 

There are 100's of complaints.

I hope they make a better band.  very Unhappy!

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes
They are horrible to customers once we bought there faulty product. I had to ask multiple times before they helped me at all. They know the product and faulty and don't care. I'm sorry it happened to you.
Best Answer

Lost my Alta Christmas gift while shopping at Target and similar stores today. Last synch with cell phone app at 10:43am but Safari dashboard reads last synch at 1:45pm. Customer service was polite and steered me to LightBlue to locate by revisiting each store I was at, especially near the synch times. Was told by customer service that lost devices no longer covered. Uninterested in problems I've had with band. So disappointed!!! Was enjoying the motivation and challenges with daughter. Hope to find device by retracing steps tomorrow. Wish customer service was more interested in resolving band issues. There is no reason the device should have fallen off. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

When I called customer service today after having my Christmas gift Alta fall off my wrist, I was told that lost devices are no longer warranted. There was no listening to band issues. My experience has been that the band is very difficult to clasp. I didn't lose the Alta by leaving it in a hotel or having fall out of a pocket (examples that I would own). The device fell off my wrist because the band didn't stay clasped. Very disappointed!

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes

Only had mine on for 4 days and already dropped off. Very difficult to do up.

Best Answer
0 Votes