Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP!!!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Alta quit working a few months ago even after I tried suggested ideas for getting it going again. I put it away in a drawer and left it alone for a few months and recently took it back out; charged it; wore it one day/night;  and now it only works while on the charger again!! grrrrr.... What now??

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @kasandky2 - I’m sorry to say the Alta is quite an old device. It may be time to upgrade to a new device. If you like the size of the Alta, you may want to check out the Inspire HR. It offers many more features than the Alta. Or, you may want to look at my favorite, the Versa 2. It’s a smart watch ... good looking ... very user friendly. It’s a good time to check them out with them Father’s Day sales going on in the Fitbit Store and in many retail stores. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try getting a new charger -you can find them on ebay or amazon.  Also would recommend resetting the device, so when you are charging it to full ... press the button on the side the plugs into a computer or power socket in the wall three times within eight seconds.  If you see the logo pop up you've reset it correctly and should sync better.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much for your speedy reply! I will try that 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you Carol; and yes, that is sad... I love my Alta (except of course that it’s not quite working right now😬).

I will check out your suggestions and think about a replacement.

Best Answer

Good advice @canadianbill but I would NOT order from eBay, @kasandky2 . They are not on the list of authorized retailers. You may save money, but you will not have a warranty on your new device. 

Best Answer
0 Votes