Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Life Expectancy?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Realised that my Alta HR was running rather low so gave it a wash, carefully dried it, plugged it into the charge unit, and slotted that into the USB port. Nothing. Tried other ports. Still nothing. Checked the ports were working - yes sound works via them so it's not them. Tapped the watch. Nothing again. Bang it far harder than I normally would. Completely dead - whether flat or dead isn't clear.

So how long should an Alta HR normally last? I've had mine roughly 25 months, worn it 24\7 - bar when showering, recharged it roughly weekly, usually washing and carefully drying it to ensure there's no sweat\grime build up, and expected to have it for several more years - I've only just run into strap problems but have relatives who've replaced their's and kept going. I've a 7(?) year exercise watch from (Another Company 😀) that I think still works - currently buried somewhere and not used for quite a while (so don't quote me), but that was more the life span I was expecting. Yes I'm aware slightly different products - the old device tracks GPS but not sleep functions but it's still an example of exercise watch lifespan.

So anyhoo has my Alta HR simply died young, or is it about average?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Mine just died this morning 

note way or how to fix it

Best Answer
0 Votes