Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Alta

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I lost my alta fitbit within a month of purchasing it after the clasp came loose and it fell off my wrist.  I originally had the flex and this happened with the flex also.  I contacted customer service and had a long conversation over email about it.  They gave me a code for 25% off, however when I asked them how I would prevent a third fitbit that I would be paying $100+ from falling off, they suggested that I buy a band fastener and sent me a link to amazon.com.  This is not even a fitbit branded product but just a circular piece of rubber from amazon.  If fitbit is admitting that this device is needed to keep the fitbit band on, then they should compensate customers for clearly a faulty design of their bands. 

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey everyone! It's always great coming into s thread as pleasant as this. Thank you all for sharing your feedback about Fitbit Alta. Please be assured that here at Fitbit we take all your suggestions to account to continue developing our products. At the moment., I'd like to recommend contacting Support for further help. I'm sure they can always find a way to help. 

Good luck, keep me posted with the outcome! 🙂 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
16 REPLIES 16

I haven't had this troulble at all.  I make sure both "pegs" have snapped into their holes and it's never even come close to coming loose.  

Having said that, my wife has had a similar issue as you with her Jawbone UP 24, and I bought her one of those small rubber "bands" you mentioned to keep it secure.  I guess some people have more going on around their wrists that others, but for what it worth its not realted solely to Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine has never fallen off or come loose, but I ended up getting those clasps you mentioned from ebay, just incase..
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine was lost due to a loose clasp also. 😕

Best Answer

My mom just lost her's too, becuase of the band. Maybe I'll have her call fitbit and complain about the wristband too then.

Best Answer

I have now lost my 2nd Fitbit Alta.  One time I lost it on a train during a commute and once during the day in the office.  I could understand if I was doing something physical or if there was something tugging on the band, but not just from walking around.  I can't justify buying another and I really liked the benefits of having the Alta.  I'll contact customer service. 

Best Answer

I recently purchased a new Alta.  Loved it until I noticed the clasp kept coming undone.  Lost it several times within the first 10 days--the final time I was never able to find it.  Contacted Customer Support.  They were wonderful and offered me a free replacement.  However, they did not address the real issue, which was the faulty clasp (which I later learned was a common complaint).  I received the replacement Alta last Tuesday.  Friday the clasp came undone again, and I lost it.  So frustrated!  I had even ordered a special "buckle loop" to put on it and went and purchased tiny "O" rings (as suggested in a community post) to try to provide extra security and hold the clasp in place.  It didn't work.  I contacted Support again. They offered me a discount towards the purchase of another new one.  I checked the reviews on the other devices and learned that other bands are faulty, too (the Charge band keeps breaking.)  Why doesn't Fitbit address this issue?  They offer a quality product with a cheap, worthless band.  I may accept the discount offer and order another Alta--only because I found some "buckle-type" replacement bands online that look like they would be much more secure.  Still, I am frustrated that I have to spend more money to get a decent band and clasp.  Garmin offers a great "locking" clasp and band on theirs--and it is much sturdier.  

Best Answer
I don't have trouble with the clasp but with the hooks that attach to band to the device. Came off last night and lucky for me it fell into my purse. I've never changed to the band so I don't know why it came loose. It's only 3 months old. Has this happened to anyone else?
Best Answer

Hey everyone! It's always great coming into s thread as pleasant as this. Thank you all for sharing your feedback about Fitbit Alta. Please be assured that here at Fitbit we take all your suggestions to account to continue developing our products. At the moment., I'd like to recommend contacting Support for further help. I'm sure they can always find a way to help. 

Good luck, keep me posted with the outcome! 🙂 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
I have an HR that broke, warranty was not honord by sports authority and was about to buy an Alta however the floors and heart rate features are missing. Now I read that the clasps Is faulty and many loose their Alta? Why not make the the buckle band for it? I'm saving up to buy the Alta, but it has too many things that prevent me for buying it. So I hope an Alta HR will be developed and a better band option will be available.
Best Answer

On the first day of purchase, my fitbit Alta fell off during sleep even though the clasp pins were securely seated!  Will likely purchase the silicone keepers and consider the purchase of an after market metal bracelet band with a deployment clasp.  So far I like the elegant design/functions and easy to read display, but at $130 I should not have to worry about the thing falling off nor feel the need to buy add ons to keep it secure.  Really, the band is an intregral part of the product and one should feel confident that it does its job.  I was seriously interested in the Polar Loop which has a nice solid clasp.  It is similar to the Alta, but the Alta's sleeker profile was more appealing.

Best Answer

Yes - this happened to me.  I've had my Alta since March and I also almost lost it last week after realizing that the band detached from the device.  I'm calling support.

Best Answer

Yes.  I have the same problem.  Without warning one of the bands just started slipping off the clasp. The clasp itself is still attached to the Alta, but the band won't stay on the clasp.  Don't understand why Fitbit chooses to sell their products with cheap bands. (I've had 3 versions and they all had broken bands in a very short period of time).  Maybe the real profit is in the bands?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had the same issue. They gave me a replacement, but refused to trade me up to the HR. I bought the HR and still had problems with the band coming apart and the screen shorting out. I plan to dump fitbit and get an Apple Watch.

Fitbit has not lived up to its potential.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I wear a small bracelet on the same wrist as my Alta. 

I use a small metal paper clip to attach the 2 together. The paper clip goes onto the band, where the strap end goes into the buckle, and also to the clasp on the bracelet.

I might lose the broken piece of strap, but I won't lose the watch. 

These clasp ends should be metal so they don't break. 

Can they be replaced?  They have a screw in them. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Check my post.  I attach my watch to a bracelet. 

Poor quality is disappointing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's the poor quality of the clasp that holds the band on.

The plastic inside just disintegrates. 

I've broken some when I'm sleeping. 

See my post about how I at least protect my watch from becoming lost. 

Best Answer
0 Votes