Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not logging food correctly

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I enter food,  it is erasing it and adding random food on it’s own?  

Best Answer
73 REPLIES 73

I have an I-phone and it just updated and the app seems to be working now.  🙂 I hope everyone else's starts working. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've tried updating my food log on the dashboard (using my Apple/Mac computer). Then tried turning off my iphone. I still cannot log food intake from my iphone. When I try, it saves whatever entry as a macaroon madness bar (I don't even know what that is).  I can only reliably add food through Mac computer. Let us know when this is fixed please. Must have been a coding error with the last update. Everything was running as reliably until Wednesday July 11th (first mystery input for macaroon madness bar).

My iphone software is iOS 11.4.1  and logging food is not possible on my iphone using the fitbit app. 

fitbit app updated July 11, 2018 version 2.53 -Still not working

I just updated to 2.53.1 and now it works! Yayayay! Thank you!

Moderator  edit: Merged replies

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks. I found it and I’m happily tracking my good on my phone while watching the thunderstorm here in Michigan.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Go to the app store, updates....

Hope this helps.

icbear54
Best Answer
0 Votes
Download the Fitbit App from the App Store on your device.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

Hello everyone! Smiley Happy Good to have you all in the Fitbit Community Forums!

I'm very sorry about the issue you all were experiencing with the Food logging feature. As most of you already know, this is a known problem and we have just released an update to the Fitbit app for iOS, version 2.53.1 which we believe resolves the issues with food logging that have been reported. For more information on this, you can check the main thread here.

Anything else you may need, I'm here to help!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

I have updated but the food logging still isn’t working properly.  When I type in a food e.g. coffee itbisnt coming up with any options, only create is available 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is fine now. Look at the post above yours, there is a link to update everything. I went into settings and updated Fitbit. It’s sorted after then. Not had a problem with anything else. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @SunsetRunner, welcome to the Community Forums! 🙂

Thanks a lot for the report! Would you mind probably logging out of the app and logging back in and see if that makes any difference?

@Elsie52, Also, thanks a lot for reporting and I'm glad to heart that it's all working great on your end! 

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes
Apologies for the delay in responding. All fine now thank you 😊

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit is logging food into the previous day not the current day

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’m all set now. Everything is working fine again.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

What about Android?. My Fitbit Inspire HR is not logging in my food correctly either. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My phone is a Samsung galaxy A21s Smartphone. It hasn't been recording my food for almost two weeks & I'm becoming more & more annoyed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes