Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving low battery notifications

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I used to get email notifications to tell me my Alta battery was low; however I haven’t received any for a couple of weeks, with the result that my Fitbit completely ran out. It’s also behaving erratically eg completing failing to sync my steps or track my sleep. Is this a sign that the battery is going?

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity 

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Hello @PatE61, welcome to the community forums, and sorry for the delayed reply. 

Thank you for the information about what you've been experiencing with the low battery notifications and the sync and sleep tracking difficulties. Could you please confirm if you're still having trouble with this? 

Regarding the low battery notification, please make sure to check if this option is activated in your app settings. Tap on the account icon > Then scroll down to Notifications > Then tap the low battery notification (if it's already on, try to deactivate it and then tap it once more to reactivate), then check if you continue to experience the same behavior: 

noti.PNG

noti 2.PNG

About the difficulty to sync, could you please confirm if you already tried all the steps listed here to resolve syncing problems? Also, please make sure to check if the mobile device you're using is listed here as a compatible device to sync with the Fitbit app.  

And make sure to try the restart procedure, and check if your sleep information is still not being recorded. 

Please keep me posted on the outcome. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,

I've checked all those steps. The only thing I haven't done is turn off the low battery notification (which was on) and turn it off again, so I've done that now.

I realised that my Fitbit wasn't syncing because the battery was too low, so the only issue is the lack of any notification of this. It's happened again since I put my question up - the battery indicator shows amber but then it's completely drained the next morning.

I'd be grateful for any suggestions.

Thanks
Best Answer

Hello @PatE61, thank you for the update. Let me know how the device is performing in regards to the low battery notification not working. 

About the battery draining too fast, it should last up to 5 days; but because battery life is affected by use and other settings, actual results may vary. Before considering other options, please make sure that you've followed the steps provided in this article: Can I improve my Fitbit device's battery life?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,

I’ve tried everything suggested. I’m still not getting any notification that the battery is low.

Pat

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

Hello @PatE61, thank you for your reply and confirming that you already tried the suggested steps. I've gone ahead and sent your information to the Customer Support team for further assistance, so you should be getting a reply soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't get any notifications either

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Mrzocor, sorry for the late response. 

Thank you for sharing that you've been experiencing the same problem with your notifications. 

Could you please provide a few more details? Are you referring to the the low battery notifications or to a different type of notification? 

In the meantime, please let me know if you also tried the steps listed here previously. 

Keep me posted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Low battery notification. I did all the steps to supposedly  rectify it, and it did nothing.

Best Answer
0 Votes