Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving text notifications

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am getting call notifications but not text messages. I have deleted the app and reset my Alta and reinstalled the app but it’s still not working. Please help!!

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

Hello @Allie_27, it's nice to see you here in the Community Forums again, welcome back! Sorry for the delay in responding your post.

I appreciate the details that were shared in your post and for troubleshooting this situation prior to posting too. To better assist you with this, can you please let me know which mobile device you're currently using? Also, when was the first time you experienced this? If you haven't already done so, I recommend you to check: How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device? to see that all the necessary requirements to receive notifications on your Alta are correctly configured. After verifying this, please try the troubleshooting steps that are specified on: My Fitbit device isn't receiving notifications from my phone and let me know how it goes.

Keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Ricardo,

I have the fitbit alta and an iPhone 6s. I have tried all the recommendations and the text messages still do not sync. Please advise. Thank you!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an Alta as well with iPhone 8 and haven’t been able to synch texts since September. None of the troubleshooting works. It’s sooo frustrating!!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello again, I'm happy to continue providing assistance. Thanks for your reply and sorry for the delayed response @Allie_27. Welcome aboard @CMK25.

Thanks for taking into consideration the troubleshooting steps that were shared on my previous post. To move forward with this situation, can you please both let me know the iOS version that your iPhone mobile devices are currently running? Also, please let me know when was the first time you stop receiving text notifications.

Looking forward to your replies.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My iOS is 13.2.3.  It stopped notifying me of texts 1 or 2 iOS updates ago. Some time  in September I believe is when it happened. I receive call and calendar notifications... just no text. I’ve spoken with a FitBit representative weeks ago and was told “they’re working on it”. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
They told me the same thing but I bought an Apple Watch to be on the safe side. Love my Fitbit and it’s unfortunate to switch.
Best Answer

Thanks for your replies @Allie_27 and @CMK25, my apologies for the delay in responding both of your posts.

I appreciate the information that was shared with me. I recommend you to check this specific post: Stopped seeing notifications after updating to iOS 13 and try the troubleshooting steps that were specified on the first post. 

Keep me posted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Still doesn’t work 😭
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your update @Allie_27.

Just as the last part of the post under discussion stated, if such steps do not work for you, please try them more than once and then let us know specific details about your experience so that we can assist further. In the meantime, I recommend you to keep your Fitbit app up to date and watch this thread for new information. 

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have tried it many times and my text messages do not sync. I do however get the call notifications. Without any success after trying to trouble shoot many times I have purchased an Apple Watch to replace my fitbit. In the event that fitbit is able to resolve the issues I am more than happy to return to using my fitbit. Thank you for following up.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree with Allie_27 I have tried all the 'fixes' and I still don't get notifications. I was considering giving my granddaughter a new Fitbit for Christmas but I won't now. It's too bad because up until this past month I loved my device. It just taking you way too long to fix the problem, time to start looking.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am not getting notifications. When I go through the steps, it says to turn the sharing off then on. I should get a message on my phone asking if I want to allow messages to my Fitbit . I never get that message 

Best Answer
0 Votes