Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Fitbit constant vibrating

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Charged my Fitbit Alta HR. It's started vibrating constantly and running the battery down. Can't make it stop

Best Answer
0 Votes
18 REPLIES 18

Welcom to the Community Forums @Ceplarson! Good to see you around. 🙂

I would say, you can try to restart your Alta HR and see if this helps. For that, follow these instructions:

1. Plug your charging cable into a USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. Your Alta HR will begin charging.
    User-added image
  3. Press the button on your charging cable three times within four seconds, briefly pausing between presses. The button is on the end of the charging cable that is plugged into your computer. When you see the Fitbit logo and the tracker vibrates, this means the tracker has restarted.
  4. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

If that doesn't work, leave your Alta to have the battery drained and when you put it to charge again, see if it has stopped vibrating.

Let me know how it goes!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for this info!! Fitbit CS agent sent me Fed Ex label to return the watch. I was never given "a fix" to stop the continual vibration. They are sending me a new one.

Charlotte Larson.

Sent from my I Phone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh, I see... Thanks for getting back and letting me know @Ceplarson! 🙂

I'm happy to hear that they're getting you back on track. Let me know if you need anything else!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

I have the same problem, my Alta HR constantly vibrating till ruined down.

I tried the suggested procedure below.

After restarting the vibration has stopped and the charging has been started.

When it recharged completely and removed from the cable it died - no display no respond anymore.

Please advice.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try several restarts once again. If it is still having problems then yoj will need t contact Support (link in my signature )

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Thanks Nelly, I have tried 5 times, but no success 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok, Support is your next step.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, I have the same issue and no joy restarting 😞 Can't move off off batt % charged screen.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue. Tried all of the troubleshooting steps such as rebooting, letting the battery drain, etc. Nothing is working. 

Can someone from support contact me at luvtommie@hotmail.com?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem & have restarted a few times. This started happening 2 days after I noticed my fitbit just randomly dying & after resets on both days.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same with me, trying advice and charging.

Best Answer

Display is currently flashing the Fitbit logo & the no battery sign repeatedly.

Best Answer

Hello there, 

I also have this problem now and tried the reset method multiple times, but not successful. It continues to vibrate when I plug it in after the battery dies. 

What should I do/try next? Thank you so much for your help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Ferdinand. Tried all as u suggested. Still no improvement. What can I do more ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Ferdinand,

I tried the steps you outlined and my Fitbit is still vibrating. When charging it vibrates and shows a battery sign with a warning.

Do you have any other fixes?

Thanks,

Edwin

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too !

Best Answer

What button on charging cable ???

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Dixonkeller this reset button. 

Screenshot_20220612-132538_Chrome.jpg