Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set up issues

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi everyone,

I just received my Alta after pre-ordering.  I am currently in the process of setting it up using the android app.  Right now it is not seeing it while my bluetooth is on.  The first screen says Power Up, and it is searching for it but does not find it.  After that, the Not Working? screen comes up, and you have the option to try again.  After selecting try again, It then says Bluetooh Issues.  This is where you can restart Bluetooth, which I've done multiple times already.  I know my bluetooth works on my phone because I have it setup to work with my headphones with no problems.  I have it securely connected to the USB pin connecter which is then connected to my PC.  It is charging so I know there is connectivity.  I've restarted my phone a few times, but to no avail.  I never had any problem connecting with my HR.  Has anyone else experienced this with the Alta, does anyone know of anything that I could do to fix this issue.

Thanks!

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
237 REPLIES 237

helpme setup on fibit

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Alta just say Fitbit/ set up won't go any further than searching!!!! I've turned phone an Bluetooth on off many times. I don't have a PC and don't know what a dongle is' does anyone know what else to do?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Make sure you have the app on your phone or tablet.
Have your fitbit out of range and allow your phone to recognize it, making sure there are no other blue tooth devices around
Your charging cable should have a button on the side, follow directions for factory reset or hard restart
Dingle is an USB device for a computer to talk to your fitbit

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I had trouble getting the Alta to setup and update.  Had to reset watch several times.  Missing the HR in comparison.Woman Sad

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been having three same trouble for a few weeks now. What finally, just now, worked forme

Best Answer
I have been having issues syncing the Fitbit ionic. Since I bought it. I'm
starting to regret buying it.
Best Answer
0 Votes

My wife stopped using her Alta about 6 mths ago when she had a problem with syncing the Alta with her Charge HR.  Her Charge HR has died (issue with strap that many have complained about).  I've been trying to add the Alta back to her dashboard with no success.

I've tried all the steps listed on this topic with no success.  Unable to add Alta to either the PC (windows 10) or her iPad.  Neither recognizes her Alta.  When turning off then back on I see the Fitbit logo, the version (21.38.12) and then the message myfitbit.com/setup but nothing changes and I cannot add the fitbit to her dashboard.

I also called the help team and the best they could do was offer a 25 % discount on a new tracker (no thank you, not after the HR died and this one isn't recognized).  Before I throw it in the garbage, anyone else have any new suggestions?

As a side note I noticed that Fitbit Connect is a prior version but I am unable to update to the latest.  I have been getting an error for 2 days.

When using my laptop I have a dongle connected and it worked just fine removing her HR from her dashboard.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Bluetooth sometimes has a hard time working with more than one or two devices at a time. It can require you to pair again (from the Bluetooth menu) before it will successfully connect with another device. Or, as sometimes happens with my phones, if there hasn't been a connection in several days. 

I suggest you go to the Bluetooth menu and set up pairing for the fitbit again to see if that resolves it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Clamo, thanks for the suggestion but that isn't the issue (removed and re-added her Charge 2 yesterday with no issues) as that's one of the steps I already did.  Tried to setup her device on 3 different iPads and 1 PC and since all 4 don't work I'm thinking it's the Alta.

Best Answer

This doesn't help us folks that didn't purchase a dongle.  What a scam that we have to purchase an additional item just to pair this device.  Fitbit is garbage.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I want a refund, if I have to purchase a dongle just to get this to work you should have included it in the package.  Worthless.  I will be sure to advertise how terrible this experience was to EVERYONE I know.  Thanks for the frustration!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you thought about reaching out to Fitbit, guys?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Had this same issue. Eventually what did the trick was restarting my phone. Hopefully this helps someone else with this issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My last keeps turning off

Best Answer
0 Votes
I haven't worn mine in a  year.  Someone else might be better able to help you.

Sent on my Boost Mobile Samsung Galaxy S8.
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Alta turns off when I unplug it. I reset and sync in again but the issue is not solved ..

Best Answer
0 Votes

Finally, something that works! Thank you so much for a detailed and accurate solution. I have spent HOURS trying to get this thing to sync and researching what other people did to get their Fitbits to sync and your post is the only one that worked for me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,

Your welcome. 🙂

Med vänliga hälsningar,
Ann-Louise
Best Answer
0 Votes