Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set up issues

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi everyone,

I just received my Alta after pre-ordering.  I am currently in the process of setting it up using the android app.  Right now it is not seeing it while my bluetooth is on.  The first screen says Power Up, and it is searching for it but does not find it.  After that, the Not Working? screen comes up, and you have the option to try again.  After selecting try again, It then says Bluetooh Issues.  This is where you can restart Bluetooth, which I've done multiple times already.  I know my bluetooth works on my phone because I have it setup to work with my headphones with no problems.  I have it securely connected to the USB pin connecter which is then connected to my PC.  It is charging so I know there is connectivity.  I've restarted my phone a few times, but to no avail.  I never had any problem connecting with my HR.  Has anyone else experienced this with the Alta, does anyone know of anything that I could do to fix this issue.

Thanks!

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
237 REPLIES 237

@ali99asghar@Anlu You can follow these instructions for setting up of call/text/calendar notifications.

@BingoDinkus Glad to hear that set up went through as expected once you attempted it from the PC.

@Moses1@RJMendez14 Were you able to get the set up to complete from the computer? If not, here are the step-by-step instructions which should help get you up and running.

@Rebecca009 Thumbs up for figuring out the set up process with the Fitbit Connect software. Thanks for sharing your update.

@manasi As Ubuntu is unsupported, you can always complete the set up process with a mobile device or tablet. Here are the instructions to complete set up.

@lffc537 Sorry for the issue you ran into during set up. Were you able to get the replacment and complete set up yet? Just wanted to check in.

@MaryL68 As you've already tried with multiple devices, I suggest reaching out to our Support Team who will be happy to help get you on track.

@amy-lost Try a restart of the Alta and then give set up another shot. That should help get you going.

@xgle Thanks for the update. Glad to see that you're up and running.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for the instructions but I got on track when my friend called support and over the phone went step by 5 and got it synced and operating. 

Sent on my Boost Mobile Samsung Galaxy S® 5
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you everyone! I found once I disconnected my wireless mouse, it
worked!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks! This worked like a charm for me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
GREAT!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I just got my alta today. It keeps telling me that I need to "turn on my bluetooth to sync my trackers". I've tried on bothmy macbook pro and my android phone, granted there older i would assume that there bluetooth would work with it. some help would be great. what i've tried so far:

1. Restarting my computer, phone, and alta. 

yeah thats about all i have found so far...

Best Answer
0 Votes
What I have advised all who have contacted me ...Contact the Fitbit support department and have them walk you through step by step while you are on the phone.. ..to set up the Alta and get synced . Don't forget to get the notifications set up as well.  Try to call them early in the day.Good luck. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I ended up being able to get it set up, but now i have to get a new phone so it can sync with it.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Good luck! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I cant get mine set up either.It is not even a choice. I am trying to reach a rep to help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Im trying to set up  my new alta to take the place of my fitbit flex and it is not a choice to select to pair,etc. It has the flex, charge, ultra, etc. but not the alta... ??

Best Answer
0 Votes
Try restarting your alta you should try and look up restarting your alta and they will how to reset it. That happened to mine .
Best Answer
@tamaraslp what device are you using to set your Alta up.with
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi guys...

so bought the fitbit alta today. I have a galaxy s6. tried setting it up with my phone from the fitbit app but it will not find the fitbit when searching. yes the phone is updated. yes the fitbit is fully charged, screen is on, plugged in. I restarted my fitbit and the phone multiple times. no luck.

Tried setting it up with my mac. dongle in. bluetooth on. wifi working. but it keeps saying "turn on your bluetooth" and wont go past there. so i am stuck on both fronts.

Im not able to call the customer line until tomorrow so im getting really frustrated!! any help would be appreciated.... Otherwise I will be taking it back tomorrow 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

I couldn't get the thiing to sync, I knew was something silly - this was it!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can someone please tell me how to fix this problem. I have read through several of the same messages and dont see a solution. My alta screen won't move past fitbit/setup. My phone keeps searching for the fitbit and when it finds it there seems to be problem with connecting to the bluetooth. HELP! RECOMMENDATIONS?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey twin. thanks for your advice. Like mentioned in my comment... I dont have the means to sit on the phone for an hour long distance to set it up!

So any tips people could share that they had given to them by the community or over the phone that they can share here would be really helpful. Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I called them on a Sunday around 9am eastern time so I didn't have to wait. Before I called during the week after 4:30pm and I was on hold forever and no one came so I hung up. If all else fails try this.Good luck. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Finally something that works.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Got it set up just fine but it seemed every single time I wanted to make sure it sync'd, I had to either delete and reinstall or my pc could not find the bluetooth.  This was my second Alta, and my last.  Pretty but not functioning right.  I'm getting another FB One, cheaper and less of a headache, close enough.

Best Answer
0 Votes