Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change kilometres to miles?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can I change from kilometres to miles on my Alta HR? How would I do this please. Only had it a few days. Thankfully.

Best Answer
0 Votes
42 REPLIES 42

Thanks and now guess what...the next day my Alta HR went back to reading my steps in Km! Very frustrating to think I now need to try find the 'units' and change it to inches/miles again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've done what has been said, logged on to fitbit website to change km to

miles but have had no luck. There doesn't appear to be anywhere to do this! Just bought fitbit  Alta HR so very new to this. Help please

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Westmorlandlass

Two ways to do it

ON THE WEBSITE  On the Fitbit Dashboard (on the website, not the App) tap the gear icon in the top right corner. Move further to the right and tap Settings. Scroll down on the next page to Units under Advanced Settings and change the ones you want.

ON THE APP  on you app go to account, scroll down to settings, select advanced settings and 6th on the list is Units. Select this and alter the units you want to change. Let us know if you are still having problems.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
Done it now..thank you

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

Glad you got it sorted 👍

Community Council Member

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

I have done this so many times, I am going to lose my mind.  It doesn't change for me.  After going through the app & the dashboard, I have changed it both places then, synced it over & over again.   I am using g an android.  E erything works  it this & it's driving me crazy.....

Best Answer
0 Votes
I totally agree with you! So frustrating. Not sure what else we can do?
Best Answer
0 Votes

NellyG. Have tried what you say to change Km to Miles on my wife's brand new Alta HR. Dashboard settings say mile and pounds, Android app says miles and pounds, watch says kilometers. Have re-sync'd the Alta to no avail. How do we get the watch to read pounds?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ChrisnSnickers I am guessing here but i think what you are seeing is not kilometers, but K meaning thousands of steps. Is the Alta HR in its default vertical clock face? If so, the screen is not wide enough to show the whole number so it is abbreviated to fit. For example 3244 becomes 3.2k.  If this is what you are seeing then it is easy to fix. On the app, go to your account (credit card icon) and select Alta HR. Scroll down the page to clock display. Ther you can select from vertical and horizontal clock faces. A horizontal one will give room to see the whole step count. Let us know how you go 

Community Council Member

Best Answer
Thanks Chrisn, we have tried to get this K = kilometers for almost a couple
of years. Your suggestion worked so well, it takes time to get to the
correct app and once I was able to change my clock faces to horizontal,
amazing! Again thanks for your suggestion.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I followed every step and, under units, it shows feet and inches, but my FitBit is still showing steps in kilometers.  What next ??

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Kidsplay15 I assume you are new to your Alta HR amd I also assume you have your screen on Vertical. If my assumptions are correct, the 'k' you see is not kilometres, it is thousands of steps. To see the whole number of steps you need to swap the screen orientation to Horizontal. Go to your app and select the Alta HR (the small tracker picture in the top right corner) and scroll down to Clock Display. You can select Horizontal or Vertical there.

Community Council Member

Best Answer
I had to change my view in 'Clock Display' from Vertical to Horizontal. You
can find that option 'General'.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I adjusted the gear option and went to the unit section. Is says feet, inches etc but still shows kilometers on my Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did not wor for me

Best Answer
0 Votes
Go into Clock Display,
Choose Horizontal
I chose: 12:58 with day (Thursday) and today's date. (25).
Hope this works for you.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having a lot of trouble converting the units on my Fitbit from kilometers to miles.  I have followed all of the steps to the forum above and have gone to advanced settings on the Fitbit website (not the app); however I only have the option to change the unit of my height and weight to lbs. or inches/cm..there is no option to change the Fitbit Alta ro miles on the advanced settings page..:please help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I went to the dashboard on the website, settings and selected personal settings, scroll down the page to units and changed to feet/inches. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm new to this and do not know how to change km to miles and couldn't find where to ask my own question. Lol sorry!,,, hoping someone can help. I've just walked almost 10 miles which says I've done almost 30,000 steps yet in km it says I've done 1.34 which translates to less than a single mile. Any help pls!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Not sure if I can remember, however, try going to your clock selections.
Try to select one that shows the time 03:35 and date May 24 and see if that
works for you.
I do remember I had to go into my computer and set this all up which
changed mine to miles.
Best Answer
0 Votes