Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta Notifications

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Alta comes with the ability to set up and receive call, text, and calendar notifications on iOS and Android.

This post will provide instructions on how to setup your alerts so that you can see who's texting you, the Screen Shot 2016-03-08 at 11.29.29 AM.pngcontent of the messages, who's calling, and what your calendar has on deck for you. For a detailed overview of alerts for Alta, please see this help page

• How do I set up call/text/calendar notifications on Alta? 
  1. Make sure that your mobile device is compatible with our notifications feature by visiting http://www.fitbit.com/devices
  2. On your mobile device, make sure Bluetooth is enabled, and make sure your device is nearby!
  3. Open the Fitbit app on your mobile device and tap your tracker tile at the top of your mobile Dashboard.
  4. Tap your tracker tile a second time, tap "Notifications" (iOS) or "Call and Text Notifications (Android) and then turn on call/text/calendar notifications.
  5. To verify that set up was successful, check out the list of Bluetooth connected devices on your mobile device. Your Alta should appear.
  • How do I view call/text/calendar notifications on Alta?

You can view your notifications when they come in by using Quick View or by double-tapping the Alta where the band and tracker meet.

Notes

• For Android users, please ensure that you've turned notification access on in your settings and enabled each notification in the Fitbit App. 
  • Calendar notifications use the native calendar app in iOS, and the native or selected 3rd party app on Android. 
  • Windows Phones do not support alerts at this time.
Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
643 REPLIES 643
Hi @ErickFitbit I have tried to reset multiple times and it is still not working. Call notifications work but not text or calendar.
Best Answer
I also performed the recommended reset with no improvement.
Best Answer

I got my Atla today and I'm really excited about it! Unfortunately, I'm not getting any call/text notifications, which is a huge bummer because it's one of the reasons I got this model. I have a Nexus 5 running Android 6.0, notification access is on, encryption is off, and I have the notification widget enabled. I've tried switching it from Hangouts to Messenger, turning the Fitbit notifications off and on again, as well as resyncing the Alta with my phone. No luck with any of it. Any help would be appreciated! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ErickFitbit I reset my Alta multiple times, and it is still not syncing (even though it says it sync'd) and I don't get any call or txt notifications. Bluetooth is on. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Where did you set up Messages....... Message+   ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

Is there any way to see a text notification more than once/ for more than one minute?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Update: I erased my phone and restored it to factory settings. That seems to have done the trick!

Best Answer

HI,

I am having the same problem as most...not getting the text messages or notifications for calls.  Every now and then I get a vibration that I have a text message and it says "message" but it will not tell me who it is from or the message.  I get no notifications for calls.  I have looked on this site and restarted by Alta and done all that has been asked, but still nothing.  I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 3.  Can you help?

TCanales

Best Answer

Hi Erick...I just received my Alta last night and I think the notifications are working too well!  I have a calendar reminder set up and the event was an hour ago and I am still receiving the notification of the event.  How do I turn that particular notification off short of deleting the calendar entry?

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
So I got it working. I disabled notifications and revoked notification access, uninstalled the app, rebooted my phone, reinstalled the app, set up notifications. Good luck
Best Answer
Wow! I will try that! Thanks!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am extremely disappointed in the Alta notifications.  I would like to see all phone notifications come through.  I would also like to go back and see all notifications on the Alta before they have been cleared from the phone.  If I didnt see the messages come through initially on the Alta I wasnt able to see them again.  Until this is resolved I am returning the Alta.

The Garmin Vivosmart is far superior in this field.  I was so excited to see the Alta released because I love Fitbit and the app/community but this is junk.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry fitbit didn't work out for you.

Best Answer
I have an iPhone 6s Plus. I do not receive any notifications for my texts. No buzz either. I do receive calendar and phone notifications as they should b. I have the notifications turned on correctly in the settings. Any suggestions?
Best Answer
I'm hoping in the future notifications will be updated. Then I will buy
another Alta. Until then I will stick with my Garmin and my fitbit One. It
would just be nice to only wear one tracker 😉
Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner Thanks for confirming that toggling the "Notification Access" setting OFF and then back ON resolved the issue you were experiencing. Thanks for sharing your troubleshoot as well, hoping that this helps others experiencing the same issue.

@Susien56 I recommend trying what worked for @SunsetRunner here. The instructions for getting to this setting are listed here. NOTE: The location may differ between Android devices.

@cybercheles I recommend checking out your online Dashboard to see if it's actually syncing data over. If it is syncing over to your online Dashboard you may need to confirm you're on an internet connection to get that data synced over to your phone app.

@vreeke You must open the default messages app in your Android device and make it your default app for text messages. Then follow the steps listed here.

@aeofieldhockey At this time, there is no way to scroll through the past text/call/calendar notifications if you miss them. Unlike some other Fitbit trackers, notifications are not saved on Alta. You can't see them after the minute has passed. That would be a good idea to post in the Feature Request board!

@SunsetRunner Thanks for sharing your update! Glad to hear that it's now working for you!

@tcanales Sounds like you just need to interact with your Alta as described here. That should help with viewing your notifications.

@JennCav@Blfishxx Try restarting the Alta. 

@JennCav That should subside the notifications, unless your calendar event has multiple reminders.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
Messaging not +. Spent an hour with fitbit tech support and they're
sending me a replacement.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hey @ErickFitbit everything was working great until I got to work. Now I'm not getting any notifications again. Could it be the wifi network here or something? Have you heard of anyone having a similar issue?
Best Answer
0 Votes
I am trying to set it up for mine as well and I have noooo clue what the tile thing is?!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Samsung 6s. Can't get text/calls. No idea what you are talking about when you say "tracker tile". Please help.
Best Answer
0 Votes