Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta's battery draining fast

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My battery is only lasting for a day. Previously it had been lasting longer. It is less than a month old.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
146 REPLIES 146

Just wanted to report that the reset seems to have resolved my battery issue.   I'm on day 2 of a charge the battery is still showing as full... Thanks to this fourm and the awesome customer support!

Best Answer

I reset my Alta. It made the problem worse!  I had 50% battery, and now it is saying that it is completely out of power. I'm just getting an empty battery symbol with an exclamation point in it

Best Answer

But these features are some of the reasons I purchased the Alta in the first place. Why should I have to turn them off in order for the battery to work correctly? 

Best Answer
Mine did that too! It completely drained it. I was worried because I wasn't expecting to see that. I left it on the charger all night and now I am on day 2 of a fully charged green battery so it looks like it fixes it.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have the exact same problem. I bought my Alta when it came out and I am on my 3rd replacement! My current one is draining really fast again now after having it for around 2 months. I am in contact with Fitbit support as I am not happy with this at all, and don't see why I should turn all of the features off which is the whole reason I bought it in the first place!

Best Answer

Hi, up until this week I couldn't fault my Alta, was getting 10 days out of a full charge. Then this week I got 5 days, fully charged it last night, just synced it just now and it's already at yellow so doubt I will even get 5 days! I have all day sync turned off, call notifications turned off and no silent alarms I have reminders to move on but they have been turned on since I got the tracker back in September.. any ideas why I am now experiencing such a rapid decline in my battery life?

Best Answer

NO idea why it's happening but i suggest you reboot/restart it the next time you charge it that solved my issue.  IF that does not work contact customer support

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you ladybug Nessa, reset it last night and charged it up overnight, fingers crossed that's it back to normal, quite liked getting 10 days from a charge x

Best Answer

Everyone -- If you're experiencing issues with battery drain on your Alta, I recommend trying out the following troubleshooting steps:

If after giving those tips a try you're still experiencing issues, I recommend getting in touch with our Support Team and letting them know the details of your experience along with what you've already tried. I am confident our team will be able to provide you with options for getting back on track.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer

Why would they market the ALTA with all the items available and then think that troubleshooting battery issues should involve turning off the exact reason I bought it for is acceptable?

Best Answer

with the latest alta update, it's draining the battery quicker than I can type this message...so your solution is not helping as the latest firm ware is actaully causing the issues. I used to be able to go 5 days without charging my alta (with all the notifications and all day sync on) and now it lasts 1 day before the battery seems to need charging....

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem! It's been going on for 3. Weeks now! First I had to charge it once a week then every 4 days then 3 days now every day sometimes 2 x a day! I had it on the charger al night last night (so no tracking sleep ugh) and it's already down to 50% by 10am I've done all the troubleshooting recommended here and completely agree why should I shut off everything that are the reasons I bought the Alta in the first place? Reading this now I'm nervous  to do an update 

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
Hi,
Mine has been working great since I reset it. Have you tried that yet?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

<<>>

Best Answer
0 Votes

It seems silly to me to have these options on your Alta but you have to turn them off to have a decent battery. My Alta is junk after 5 months. I'm irritated. I'm thinking of leaving Fitbit. 

Best Answer

Absolutely agree!

Best Answer

Thanks for taking a break from stepping to visit the Community @ladybugNessa, @Ferg23@Smfette@_deb and @SunsetRunner! I really appreciate all the suggestions that you have provided regarding Fitbit Alta. This is really important for Fitbit and helps them to keep improving their products and services. 

If you tried the suggestions and tips provided by @ErickFitbit in his previous post with no avail. I'd like to suggest you to get in touch with Support. To contact Customer Support team via email and chat click here or you can call (877) 623-4997 between the hours of 4am-8pm PST Mon-Fri and 6am-5pm PST on weekends. I am sure they will be more than glad to further assist you. Just let them know the troubleshooting steps you performed so you can skip them.

Please keep me posted on this situation, let me know if you have any questions! 😉 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer

used the link and had 3 chats w the help...yet they don't help as their prime answer is the same on here - to turn off all the features to gain more battery life (so why did I buy a $200 silicone bracelet for? lol); they won't admit that it has anything to do w their firmware update and there is no backend way to revert to old firmwares - so then, Fitbit, issue a new update to fix your latest firmware please

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
Hi, As I said in previous posts, once I reset my Fitbit it has worked like a charm. I still have my alarm set, my text message alerts and phone call alerts set, along with tracking steps, miles, minutes, and battery usage. My battery has been lasting 4-5 days!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I've had the same issue. First two weeks after purchase, battery lasted nearly 10 days. I was praising Fitbit. Now, a couple of weeks later, it barely makes a charge last 3 days. Just followed instructions to reboot; Alta went from 50% charge to 0%. No longer singing Fitbit praises.

Best Answer