Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Afib notifications set up and history greyed out

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I can't setup irregular heartbeat notification on my charge 6. I'm in the U.S. when I hit the setup button it goes to a gray screen and locks up. I have to restart the app to use anything, and every time I try setup it does the same thing. I've shut down app, force stopped it and cleaned cache. Stopped and restarted the Fitbit, and nothing has helped. I'm very frustrated as this was the main reason I bought the device.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
238 REPLIES 238

@NisaSue I am glad to read the situation is now resolved!

@BillyDog Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Would you be so kind to confirm which app version do you have? Please open the app, on the top right corner tap on the gear icon and then tap on "Help and Support". There you will have all details regarding the app. Please make a screenshot and attach it to your next post. 

@Veeby Thanks for your inquiry about the stored data. I honestly thought the data was only not shown and would be stored and then shown for when the situation was resolved. That applies only if the deature was "active" during that time. However, trying to set them up during this period might have deactivated the feature. I do not use these notifications, so I cannot confirm if data was saved for that period of time, since I had it off. I guess in your case the historic data is not showing. We shall see what other community members are experiencing. Thanks again!

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

My app is updated to 4.08 and I am still have the same problem - Afib section is grayed out.

See attached screen shot of my version.  I also uninstalled and reinstalled.  Same problem.

Screenshot_20240129_195423.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AngieBayLeaf Welcome to the forums. Thanks for the screenshot. A new version of the app is coming soon. Please wait for this update and check if this is resolved. If not, please post again here. We will continue monitoring the situation. For the most part it seems to be resolved. We shall see if other users are experiencing the same. Thanks for your patience!

In the mean time please try setting up your Fitbit as a new device. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the "smartphone + Fitbit" symbol. Tap then on "add more devices". Select yours from the list and follow the instructions on screen. Try to set up afib notifications again. Thanks in advance!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I followed your recommendation to In the mean time please try setting up your Fitbit as a new device. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the "smartphone + Fitbit" symbol. Tap then on "add more devices". Select yours from the list and follow the instructions on screen. Try to set up afib notifications again.

I am still seeing the grayed out screen and cannot move to Next.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine is working now I think thanks google you finely got it right after messing it up.
Ardell Watry
Best Answer
0 Votes

When at the Afib screen an asked to start setup the screen goes blank and I have to clear out an go back to my homescreen. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

i have the new versa 4 and cant login to afib either... help.

Best Answer

Hello everyone. Thanks for reaching out about the afib notifications. 

Have you gotten the newest Fitbit app update (v4.09) already? Please check your app settings. Open the Fitbit app. On the top right corner, tap on the gear icon. Tap then on "help and support". At the top of the screen app details will be shown. Please be so kind to let me know the version you have installed. If you could also make a screenshot of the afib notifications tile not opening, that would be great. I also recommend you erase the Fitbit app's caché memory. Log back into your account and try setting the afib notifications again. Thanks in advance!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My page loads up now on the app like it did when Fitbit owned it, when Fitbit owned it help me detect and find out that I had AFIB, and show when had some at attacks but since the app went bad I have seen nothing,  could be the meds have helped and app is working fine, but could be the app is still messed up never had any glitches when Fitbit had control.  Thanks for your time and consideration.

Best Answer

@Ardell73 Thanks for the swift reply and confirmation that it is working again. I appreciate you taking the time to let us know. You will now be able to keep monitoring the atrial fibrillation with your device and app. Thanks again. Happy stepping!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got my new Charge 6 (previous Inspire 2 owner) and am struggling setting up some of the features. Specifically I'm trying to set up the irregular rhythm notifications and can't verify eligibility. I am unable to enter my date of birth and proceed. I also am having an issue when I select the ECG on the watch it gives me a notification on my phone. When I click on continue with Google, it tells me I'm about to leave fitbit and open it on my browser. When I select YES and choose the correct Google account the page stays gray and never fully loads. I'm beyond frustrated that something that should be so simple, is incredibly difficult. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I have version 4.10 and am still getting the greyed out Verify eligibility page. I cleared cache, deleted and reinstalled app, and still no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

----

Ok, I did not realize that the eligibility page has a mandatory scroll on the upper part of the page. I just found it accidentally. I was able to log in and all is well. 

Best Answer

Hello @Rh2458 

Which version of the Fitbit app are you using? There was an issue with setting up the irregular rhythm notifications which was fixed in version 4.08. The current version is 4.10. To find your app version:

• Tap on your picture (Android) /gear icon (iOS) in the upper right of the Today page in the Fitbit app
  • Tap on Fitbit settings
  • Tap on Help & Support. The Fitbit version will be at the top of the page

Are you in a country where the irregular rhythm notifications are supported?

Some users reported that they were able to complete the setup when they changed the font size on their phone to a smaller font. That allowed them to be able to scroll and enter their data.

Regarding the ECG issue, you can try removing the ECG app from the Fitbit app and re-install it. To do this:

• Tap on the device icon in the upper left of the Today page in the Fitbit app
  • Tap on the Charge 6 tile
  • Tap on Gallery
  • Tap on Apps
  • Scroll down to ECG and uninstall
  • Go back to the Today page and do a manual sync
  • Go back to the Apps page and re-install the ECG app

Hopefully, this will get your ECG app working properly. If you are looking for your ECG results in the Fitbit app, those will be on the You page under Health Assessments.

Rieko | N California USA MBG PE

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit version 4.09.1. I'm in the US so I have already made sure it's compatible. I am checking to see if it will update the app. I had gone to my app updates and there was no update for the app. I hadn't looked where you suggested though, so hopefully if it updates, it will start playing nicely. Hopefully that also explains when I try and log in with Google after a redirect it's just a gray page. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Rieko: 

Per your questions:

Which version of the Fitbit app are you using? There was an issue with setting up the irregular rhythm notifications which was fixed in version 4.08. The current version is 4.10. My version is now 4.10 

Are you in a country where the irregular rhythm notifications are supported? Yes

Some users reported that they were able to complete the setup when they changed the font size on their phone to a smaller font. That allowed them to be able to scroll and enter their data.  My issue has nothing to do with entering data. When it prompts me to sign into my Google account it stays gray and will not proceed. 

Regarding the ECG issue, you can try removing the ECG app from the Fitbit app and re-install it. To do this:

• Tap on the device icon in the upper left of the Today page in the Fitbit app
  • Tap on the Charge 6 tile
  • Tap on Gallery
  • Tap on Apps
  • Scroll down to ECG and uninstall
  • Go back to the Apps page and re-install the ECG app
  • I completed all of these steps and when I click on open on the watch, I receive a notification on my phone. When I click on that I get a page that is Heart Rhythm Assessment. When I click on get started it's requiring me to continue with Google sign in. When I click that it says I am about to leave Fitbit. Would you like to open this in your browser? I select yes and still have a grayed page when it's trying to load accounts.fitbit.com
  • I appreciate your attempt to help. I'm just very frustrated that what shouldn't be complicated it beyond annoying complicated. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you. Reducing font size on my phone worked!

Best Answer

NVM I figured it out

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Rh2458 

Those are all the troubleshooting tips that I've gathered from the forum posts about this issue. I'm at a loss at what else to suggest.

I'm going to escalate your post for a Moderator response. Hopefully, that person can provide better guidance.

Rieko | N California USA MBG PE

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've got a new Inspire 3 and I got it primarily for the AFIB tracking and alerts, but when I go to turn on the alerts it takes me to an eligibility page from which there is no escape. The "next" button is greyed out and there are no other interface options. I've looked online and this appears to be a long standing issue. I've got the most up to date version of the Fitbit app on my phone (4.10) and I've already tried many of the common solutions: uninstall and reinstall the Fitbit app, restarting phone, etc. to no avail.

Any assistance regarding this function would be much appreciated.

Moderator edit: edited title to clarity.

Best Answer

Welcome to the community, @NTAD01.

Thanks for letting me know about this situation with the AFIB notifications setup for your Inspire 3.

Can you send me a screenshot of the page you're referring to, please? So I can take a look further and give you a correct answer to this situation.

Best Answer