Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Afib notifications set up and history greyed out

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I can't setup irregular heartbeat notification on my charge 6. I'm in the U.S. when I hit the setup button it goes to a gray screen and locks up. I have to restart the app to use anything, and every time I try setup it does the same thing. I've shut down app, force stopped it and cleaned cache. Stopped and restarted the Fitbit, and nothing has helped. I'm very frustrated as this was the main reason I bought the device.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
238 REPLIES 238
My wife got a new phone and hers is working now mine is still not working on my phone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I decided to install the Fitbit app on my IPad mini after not being able to setup afib notifications on my android LG mobile phone. I couldn’t get Version 4.08 for my phone but I got it for my Ipad. I was finally able to setup afib notifications on my Ipad. Since I don’t use my Fitbit to receive call notifications I removed the app from my phone. It seems Fitbit is doing “a progressive release of version 4.08, so it can be available to users at different times”. This is what they said in response to me after rating the app on Google Play saying I couldn’t get the latest version for my phone to setup afib notifications. 

Best Answer

I am having the same issue with my charge 5. It seems to have started after the first of the year. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone! 

Thanks for your posts about the Afib notifications. The situation seems to be resolved with the last Fitbit app update. Please note that updates are gradually released. This means some have received it already. In case you have not gotten the latest version yet, please give it a few days for it to show on your PlayStore. You can also enable auto update. That way the new version will be installed as soon as it is available for you. Thanks for your patience!

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank You, at last the Fitbit AFIB app seems to be working, hope it stays up.  This feature from Fitbit may have saved my life from a blood clot it detected possible AFIB last Dec and I had trouble breathing.  Got checked out and my infraction rate that's the pushing out of blood from your chamber was 35% after some meds and some exercise it jumped to 65% Dr said he has never seen someone rebound that fast most of caught it in time.  Still on meds but not so worried about a blood clot because AFB can make blood clots.  Thank Fitbit and Humana insurance for giving the wife and I a watch during COVID-19.
Best Answer

I updated my version of the App and now have 4.08 and when I go to set up irregular rhythm notifications everything is still greyed out in the app.

Best Answer

@Ardell73 Thanks for the postivie feedback about this feature. It shows how important it is. Appreciate you taking the time to share your own personal experience. I am glad to read it is working for you again. 

@Violetmouse Thanks for the reply. Would you be so kind to send me a screenshot of the version of the app and the greyed out tile? Thanks in advance. That way I can forward that information. Open the app, on the top right corner tap on the gear icon. Then go to "Help and Support". Once you tap on it, at the top details of the app will be shown, version as well. Thanks in advance!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Its been over a month since your post that an update is coming to fix this issue.  I have tried a few times recently to update via google play to get 4.06 on my android and it is still not available. So notices for irregular heart rate is still not working and when click freezing up the app.  Do you have an update??  Look forward to your response.  Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes
They have fixed mine I think they uploaded the fix to my phone my wife got the update 2 weeks before me
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks after I wrote that I decided once again to go through the steps of removing app and then getting app from google, and I'm very happy to say that they finally have 4.08 update for android and everything has come back!  So its finally fixed.  yippy:)  Have a good day. 

Best Answer

This problem seems to have been resolved in the 4.06 Fitbit app release.

Best Answer

Hi everyone!

I'm happy to inform you that this issue is now resolved. Please update your app to 4.08.

Have a nice day. 

Best Answer

yes, mine works now, charge 5, android platform...THANK YOU!

Best Answer

Did not work for me.

Android

____

How do I get back the afib report!

____

Update! Got it back!

Thank you!

Moderator edit: format. 

Best Answer

@Paramus @dkjblue Thanks for the confirmation! I am glad to read that the irregular rhythm notifications feature is back working. Wishing you the best time training with your Fitbit device. Happy stepping!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, it now works for Inspire 1&2 with version 4.08. Thanks!

Best Answer

@NewP Thanks for the confirmation. That is great! Wishing you a lot of fun training with Fitbit. Have a nice weekend!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Looks like there is no data for the time this section of the app went down. Is that right? It has preserved historic data.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the latest update. It’s not resolved for me!

Moderator Edit: Formatting.

Best Answer

Happy to say that my issue resolved itself with updates and now works again.

Best Answer