Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta HR sync deletes Flex data

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Flex and Alta HR (primary). When I sync the Alta HR, steps recorded on the Flex are deleted. This only started happening recently.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi there, @Cbcos. Sorry about the problems but happy you found us here in the forums. Like you, I switch between my Flex 2 and another fitbit device. Here is how I keep from loosing steps when switching between devices. It’s a little extra work, but it works 100% of the time for me.

• When I am ready to switch from the Flex 2 to my Alta HR, I pull out my phone, open the Fitbit app and manually sync the Flex 2. 
  • Only then do I walk to the room where my Alate HR is, open the Fitbit app and sync the app again. 
  • Check to make sure the Alta HR shows the correct amount of steps, then put the Flex 2 away, put the Alta HR on my wrist and go about my day. 
  • When switching back, always manually sync the current device before coming in range of the next device. 

The thing to remember is that All Day Sync does not mean constant sync. There can be a gap and it sounds like you are getting caught in it. Tap here for more details. In my experience, when switching devices, it is best to take control of the syncing. Please let me know if this works for you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well.....with this lovely new update I can't manually sync my flex2 only on my android app.  The alta syncs also removing all my data for the day from my flex2.  I just tried the above instructions once again and now I have 0 steps, 0 miles, 0 active minutes, 0 hourly steps.  I had today over 8000 steps, 4 plus miles, 40 active minutes, and all my hourly steps.  In my original post months ago about this the help I got didnt work.  I couldnt get through to customer service sooooo.  I am so over this broken app.  When I use fitbit on my mac it just syncs the tracker I am wearing.  I have to remove the dongle each time I sync or then the alta syncs(it is at the opposite end of the house).

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @daffney133. Sorry my instructions did not help. At this point, it would be best for you to contact Support

Best Answer
0 Votes