Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta shows incorrect caller ID after update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit update causes incorrect caller id. What can I do. I have an Alta and all was working fine until your update.

--------------------------------------------------------

Android 8.o

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @BaileyAnna. It's nice to have you on board!

Thanks for letting me know about your Alta. I'm sorry that you've had issues with the call notifications and let me help you out with this. To work on this together, please try the following troubleshooting steps:

1. Remove your Alta from the Bluetooth devices.
  2. Turn off other Bluetooth connections that aren't in use.
  3. On your phone's settings, tap on the Apps > Fitbit Storage > force stop.
  4. Reboot your phone and restart your Fitbit Alta.
  5. Open the Fitbit app, tap on the profile's icon > Alta image > Sync now.
  6. Once it syncs, tap on notifications and follow the onscreen instructions to enable them.

Keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Dear Lizzy. Thank you so much, this was the fix that was needed.  I appreciate your quick email with the steps to resolve. Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer

Hi @BaileyAnna. I'm glad to see you here again. I'm sorry for the delay in my response.

You're welcome, and thanks to you for keeping me updated. You did an awesome job with the steps, and I'm glad everything worked on your Alta. I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussion Board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Happy stepping! 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes
Lizzy:Unfortunately the same thing has happened again. I will have to do steps over and hope it resolves the issue again.Peggy McEntire Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

If that doesn't work then you be being affected by a known bug that's causing the wrong caller id to be displayed. Keep an eye on the following thread where fitbit are posting updates:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Android-App/Text-Msgs-only-show-Sender-s-name/m-p/3637357#M108859

Best Answer