Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Msgs only show Sender's name (RESOLVED)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 9/12/19

Hey all!

We're still investigating and working on a fix for this text notification issue on Android. 

In addition to not receiving the correct text notification, we're now aware this is also affecting call notifications. Some of you may only see a previous caller's name and not the person actually calling you at the time you're receiving the notification. 

When we have more information for a fix, we'll announce it here in this thread. Please stay tuned for updates! 

Fitbit Update: 7/30/19

Hi everyone.

We're aware of these issues with receiving only the sender's name from your text messages. This appears to have started with the Fitbit for Android app version 3.0. If you're experiencing this yourself with your Fitbit device, please know we're working on a fix. 

While our team investigates this further, we just ask for your patience. Once I have information for a fix, I'll make an announcement here on this thread. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Fitbit Update: 1/16/2020

Hey all,

My apologies for the delay in updating this thread. I wanted to confirm that we released a fix for this issue with app version 3.12 in December. If you haven't already, please make sure you're running this version of the app on your phone. We've actually released 3.12.1. after that and will have another new app version for you all soon. 

Wishing you all a great start to your 2020! Consider visiting our Health & Wellness boards for fitness and health inspiration discussions. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
795 REPLIES 795

I have a charge 2. I was able to receive notifications and read my texts on my watch. Now I'll get the notification but it won't show the contents of the text. It will just display the name of who sent it. I have tried everything. Resetting the Fitbit, deleting the device from my phone, restarting my phone. Deleted the Fitbit app and redownloaded the app. I have a galaxy s9. Messages are enabled and show message on lock screen is on. In the Fitbit app I have marked show sender and message. Nothing has worked! I'm at my wit's end! It was working fine a couple days ago now all of a sudden it refuses to show my texts. 

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity

Moderator edit: Format

Best Answer

I have the exact same problem. Also using charge 2 and a samsung s9. Have tried everything! Need some tips! 

Best Answer

Yes, I am having the same problem. I wonder if its it's related to the 11 July 2019 update? I noticed issues started immediately after the update. 

Fitbit please provide guidance for this issue! 

Best Answer

I am having the same issue, I think it started with one of the last forced cellular updates, it's been a few weeks. I have also tried resetting, removing, reinstalling, changing the notification check boxes and I still just get the message sender and not the text message anymore. 

The only exception so far has been an emergency flood warning - that message came across completely and I was able to read it along with the sender info. I hope someone picks this up and explains how to fix it.

Best Answer

I've been having the same problem for a couple of weeks now.  I also can't see who is calling, it shows I have a call but comes up "unavailable" even when it is a call from someone on my contacts list.  This started at the same time as the problem with text messages.

Best Answer

I was able to fix the call issue by going into notifications and turning off and then back on for call notifications. Unfortunately I'm still having the text messaging display issue, but at least it fixed one of them....

Best Answer

I have exactly the same problem. Tried everything...nothing works. Receiving notif but only senders; not messages...

Best Answer

I'll try that, thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been on live chat for two days with the same problem and the same phone...S9. They have no solutions as of yet. 

Best Answer
I've just send them an email and waiting for their answer...hoping they will find a solution to this problem..

Télécharger Outlook pour Android
Best Answer

I'm having the same issue.  I can see the name of who is sending the text, but not the message. It started a few days ago.  I also realized in reading these posts, that my incoming phone calls were saying 'unknown" for caller when the person was in my contact list and has always appeared before.  A few days ago, my Fitbit app had logged out and I had to log back in.  At first it said it was unavailable and I waited.  I'm wondering if these things are connected.

Best Answer
My app logged out a few days ago to and i had to log on...i'm pretty sure that there is a link between those two events.

Télécharger Outlook pour Android
Best Answer

I am also having the same problem with my Charge 2 and Pixel XL.  Just started a couple of days ago.  Please fix!

Best Answer

Same exact problem here with my Google Pixel....started right after the last update. Getting names but no messages, and no ID for phone calls. Have tried everything as people above have with no luck! 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem here,  just started today.   I see who sent the text on watch,  but no details.  Annoying,  but I'm glad it's not just me.  Hopefully Fitbit will fix the glitch soon. 

Best Answer

I'm also having the same issues. I haven't been able to see who is calling me other than Unknown for months now, but texts stopped displaying other then who the text is from since the update happened a few days ago. What's the plan to fix the software update? This is unacceptable

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue. 

Best Answer

Hello guys! It's a pleasure to provide assistance with the notifications inconvenience each of you are experiencing with your Charge 2 devices, my sincere apologies for the delay in responding. I'd like to begin giving a warm welcome to the Community Forums to @Dm1317 @LinaMa @Michelle9 @NFox @Hugdo @29838 @jennatymom @PED0314 @TrainedByStef @CountryBaby. Also, it's nice to see you again participating in the forums  @Kellepic @Ann-P @kaywalks.

I appreciate your effort and patience trying some of the troubleshooting steps prior to posting, 

seems odd that your Charge 2 devices are having difficulties with the notifications after the Fitbit app update, this is certainly not a common situation nor the way we designed this specific feature to perform. I recommend you guys to check our help article: How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device? to check if there's no missing requirement that's preventing the notifications feature to work as intended, please verify that your mobile devices meet all the expected requirements. If by any chance you continue experiencing this, please try the troubleshooting steps that are specified on: My Fitbit device isn't receiving notifications from my phone even though you're in fact receiving notifications. The steps that are specified there are specific for the mobile device platform each of you are using, meaning that if you have and iOS mobile device or Android, the specific steps will vary. Please try them out and let me know how it goes. 

I'll be around if further assistance is required. Let me know if any additional questions remains unresolved.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried absolutely everything possible many times over and still have the same issues. I'm about to ditch Fitbit altogether. Just like everyone else on this thread, my caller ID is always unknown and I can only see who a message is from, but not the message. This is one of the main reasons I bought Fitbit. If this isn't resolved soon, I'm done. 

Moderator edit: Format

Best Answer