Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Msgs only show Sender's name (RESOLVED)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 9/12/19

Hey all!

We're still investigating and working on a fix for this text notification issue on Android. 

In addition to not receiving the correct text notification, we're now aware this is also affecting call notifications. Some of you may only see a previous caller's name and not the person actually calling you at the time you're receiving the notification. 

When we have more information for a fix, we'll announce it here in this thread. Please stay tuned for updates! 

Fitbit Update: 7/30/19

Hi everyone.

We're aware of these issues with receiving only the sender's name from your text messages. This appears to have started with the Fitbit for Android app version 3.0. If you're experiencing this yourself with your Fitbit device, please know we're working on a fix. 

While our team investigates this further, we just ask for your patience. Once I have information for a fix, I'll make an announcement here on this thread. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
795 REPLIES 795

A few days ago, I started receiving my text message notifications on my Charge 2 with only the name of the person and not the message itself. I have a Galaxy s9. I've tried unpairing and repairing my Fitbit. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app, forced quit, and turned my bluetooth off and on but it is still doing it. What can I do?

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer

I've tried everything as have many others it seems.  Everything is set correctly and has been reset multiple times. I only get sender name now. My charge 2 with a galaxy s9 plus.  Been working perfectly till now

Best Answer

I agree! Starting about a week and a half ago, my Fitbit Charge 2 will show the name of who is sending the text, but stopped showing the text message itself.  I have double checked all notification settings, resynced, restarted my Fitbit, and nothing works!  Please help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @EricaCsunyo thanks for bringing this to me, it's a pleasure to assist you with the situation you're experiencing with the text notifications. By the way, welcome to the Community Forums.

First, I'd like to appreciate your effort and patience troubleshooting your Charge 2 prior to posting. On similar situations in which users experienced the same, it was really helpful to restart the Fitbit. So, if you haven't already done this procedure, please try the following steps:

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
  3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. 
  4. Press and hold the button to restart your tracker:
    • For Charge 2—press and hold the button on your tracker for 4 seconds. When you see the Fitbit logo and the tracker vibrates, the tracker restarted.
  5. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

Also, to better assist you with this, can you please let me know which Android mobile device you're currently using and if the Android version is up to date? In the meantime I receive your answers, please try the troubleshooting steps that are specified on our help article: My Fitbit device isn't receiving notifications from my phone and let me know how it goes.

I'll be around. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had the same issue for the last few days. Samsung Galaxy S8, last version of the app. Charge 2. I tried resetting my fitbit, it didn't help.

Best Answer

Same problem.... have restarted fitbit. Uninstalled. Turned everything off and on. Checked all notification settings.  Updated everything. Galaxy s9

Best Answer

I have the same problem! It is driving me crazy!

Best Answer

Mine just started doing the same thing.  Was working fine last night, now...not so much.

Best Answer

Seems to me that this must be a systems issue given the sudden occurrence for so many people. This started happening to me about four days ago and everything had been working fine up until then. Just like the OP, I also took all these steps to no avail. Hopefully Fitbit picks up on this and can fix it via an update soon. 

Best Answer

My Fitbit has been doing the same thing for about 2-3 weeks now. 

Best Answer

I've had to the same issue w/ my Google Pixel phone. They used to work, but as of about a week ago, it only shows the sender's name - not the message.

Best Answer

This has been going on for weeks now and update 3.1 did not help......  Thinking about just getting a smartwatch and dropping this Fitbit.

Best Answer

I have a S10 and have had problems since last Monday.  Only shows " view message"  or nothing at all when I get a text.  I have the updated 3.1 version. I also checked and not sure why my phone is not on the compatibility list now?? This is really frustrating. I hope we get answers soon.   

Best Answer

Same story here.  My girlfriend and I both have the Charge 2.  About a week or so ago, it only shows the senders name of the text and not the message.  Nothing seems to fix it, it appears to be a bug from Fitbit.

Best Answer

I have been having the same issue with my pixel 2. I have tried everything and still just receiving just the name. Please help

Best Answer

Been having the same problem for about a week now with my Alta HR. Also have a samsung s9. Just sender no message.

Best Answer

I am glad to hear I am not the only one. My 

Charge 2 has been this way for about 4-5 days. I have restarted and reinstalled...still nothing but a name. I hope they figure this one out soon.

Best Answer

Same issue here.  Doesn’t work since update.  Worked fine until then.   I have tried all of the solutions several times and still only receiving sender info.  Like others I was logged out and had to log back in.   I have an LG V20.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've tried everything.  Galaxy S9 too. The one comfort I take in all this is that there are other people with the same issue, so I'm not at fault, lol!

I hope a fix happens soon.

Best Answer

I cant get my Fitbit to connect to my bluetooth. It shows up on my my phone but won't allow it to pair.

Best Answer
0 Votes