Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Msgs only show Sender's name (RESOLVED)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 9/12/19

Hey all!

We're still investigating and working on a fix for this text notification issue on Android. 

In addition to not receiving the correct text notification, we're now aware this is also affecting call notifications. Some of you may only see a previous caller's name and not the person actually calling you at the time you're receiving the notification. 

When we have more information for a fix, we'll announce it here in this thread. Please stay tuned for updates! 

Fitbit Update: 7/30/19

Hi everyone.

We're aware of these issues with receiving only the sender's name from your text messages. This appears to have started with the Fitbit for Android app version 3.0. If you're experiencing this yourself with your Fitbit device, please know we're working on a fix. 

While our team investigates this further, we just ask for your patience. Once I have information for a fix, I'll make an announcement here on this thread. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
795 REPLIES 795

Hi @RicardoFitbit ! I've tried the restart steps like you've laid out, but I'm still experiencing the same issue. The type of phone that I have is an Android Galaxy s9 and the most resent update was on June 15th. My phone says it was the G960USQS5CSEB, which I think might be OS Pie. Please, let me know if this helps and if there is anything else I can do to fix this.

Best Answer

I've got the same problem with my fitbit. I have the S10+, it was working fine but now all I get is the senders name. I've tried all of the restarts and updates mentioned. My latest Android update was;

Build Number : G975FXXU2ASF3
Android version : Pie(Android 9)
Release Date : 2019-06-26

Hope they sort it soon otherwise I'll have to consider ditching fitbit for a samsung watch. 

Best Answer

I am having the exact same problem with My s9+, so frustrating!

Best Answer

Hey guys so I emailed them the other day and sent them a picture and this was their reply back...

"

We'd like to share with you that our engineering team is aware of the issue and is currently working to resolve it as quickly as possible. Though we cannot provide a specific tim when it will be fixed, rest assure that this is being handled with the utmost priority as we wouldn't want you having any inconvenience in tracking your daily activities.

Therefore, we advise our customers to check back with us regularly to verify any updates. Rest assured that issue is being reviewed by our engineers  and are working to resolve it as quickly as possible. 

We hope for your patience regarding this matter. If you have other questions, let us know"

So they are aware. Thought I'd share since so many are having a problem unfortunately! 

Moderator edit: Word choice 

Best Answer

I am not even getting that on my blaze. Have a samsung s9+. No notifications period when it comes to texts.

Best Answer

Thanks for sharing the email from the Fitbit team. I'm having the same issue with a Pixel 3.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just received my Charge 2 replacement end of last week dont think it has worked at all. Glad to see it isn't just me. Galaxy Note 8. Up to date on both phone and Fitbit. Hope it gets fixed soon

Best Answer

This thread has become quite large with many people, including myself, having the same issue. It's time for Fitbit to find a solution to this problem, or at least notify us of any progress they have made correcting it. 

Best Answer

I have been having the same problem for over a week now--sender name shows on Fitbit Charge HR 2 but message will not appear.  Google Pixel 3 phone.  Tried all of the steps recommended in this thread.  Please assist.  

Best Answer

Same problem.
The 2.95 version of fitbit works very well.
Version 3.0 and 3.1 does not work.
Sorry, I use translate, because I'm french and my english is not good.

Charge 2, Alta HR on Android 8 and Android 9 (Honor 7x and Honor 9).

Best Answer

I have had the same problem since I got the S10+

Best Answer

Thats more than I got! I got the most ridiculous amount of useless information and these idiots gave me the run around and then just frigging ignored me! Told them theu can cram their fit bit products up their arse after being a loyal customer for many many years, because their customer service was appalling!!!

Best Answer

Even more irritating is my husband's fitbit/text messaging is working just fine with his iPhone 

Best Answer

Why is this marked as solved? It has not been solved as there is no solution other than to wait. 

Please return it back to unsolved so that other Fitbit users with this same issue don't get their hopes up when there's nothing here. 

Best Answer

I have a lg g stylo not giving me texts or notifications  on my fitbit charge 2.

Best Answer

This issue has not been solved! Who voted this?

I have been trying to get an answer here on the forums, and all I got was an argument with a moderator.

On twitter they acknowledged that there was a bug, but the bug is still not solved. It's still there and has been for weeks.

Best Answer

Be careful with what you write. I told a moderator there was another discussion going on about this and he removed my post. Didn't even bother to explain why when I asked him about it.

I'm done with Fitbit. Mine is collecting dust in a drawer since this weekend.

Best Answer

Looks like @RicardoFitbit marked it as solved.  This is not solved!!  Please get your facts straight.  

Moderator edit: Format 

Best Answer

I don't see a solution yet - I hope the engineers are still working on it, many thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RicardoFitbit this is not solved!!!!!

Best Answer