Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Msgs only show Sender's name (RESOLVED)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 9/12/19

Hey all!

We're still investigating and working on a fix for this text notification issue on Android. 

In addition to not receiving the correct text notification, we're now aware this is also affecting call notifications. Some of you may only see a previous caller's name and not the person actually calling you at the time you're receiving the notification. 

When we have more information for a fix, we'll announce it here in this thread. Please stay tuned for updates! 

Fitbit Update: 7/30/19

Hi everyone.

We're aware of these issues with receiving only the sender's name from your text messages. This appears to have started with the Fitbit for Android app version 3.0. If you're experiencing this yourself with your Fitbit device, please know we're working on a fix. 

While our team investigates this further, we just ask for your patience. Once I have information for a fix, I'll make an announcement here on this thread. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
795 REPLIES 795

@RicardoFitbitthis is not solved.  Marking  it as such is dishonest and encourages people to spend time with your many "solutions" that don't work instead of you acknowledging the problem publicly

Moderator edit: Format 

Best Answer

Having the same issue. Recently started. Where did the support rep go? 😕

Best Answer

It would be good to get even an acknowledgement from support to say they are looking into it. I've sent a DM to Twitter support with a link to this thread. If something isn't sorted soon I'll be leaving fitbit for something that actually works. The notifications have always been one of the main reasons of getting this model.

Best Answer

Interesting that so many people are having the same problem. I thought that there would be an update out by now to fix this. It's rather annoying. 

Best Answer

Has anyone else in the group noticed the sync between phone and watch is slower in the last few weeks? The blue line used to zip across the top screen and now it pauses and takes much longer to complete.

Ann

Best Answer
It's a fact, yes. I noticed that too. It seems slower since the update.

Télécharger Outlook pour Android
Best Answer

Popping in to add my frustrations as well. 

I upgraded to a Galaxy s10 last week and have had zero success with text messages coming through - only sender name. I've reset my bluetooth, turned phone on/off, reset the Charge 2, adjusted the permissions on both the Fitbit app and the messaging apps, CHANGED messaging apps from Samsung to Google... nothing has been working. 

Even more frustrating, I had a Galaxy s5 and everything was working just fine before I switched. Please advise ASAP as this is irksome at best. 

Best Answer

i am allso haveing the same issue along with heart rate reading low well working out and showing a heart rate when not wareing my fitbit

Best Answer

your smartphone is not in question. version 2.95 works very well. From version 3.0 the bug has arrived.

Best Answer

Ive just received this in response to my DM on twitter;

Hello there. Thanks for the screenshot. We’re aware of it and are working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible.

We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Please let us know if there's anything we can do to assist you in the meantime.

Best Answer

I have a motoG5. Tried everything when text comes only get the name. Please help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
This is what I wanted to hear. Hopefully they come up with a fix soon.
Best Answer

Why is this marked as solved? I came on excited my bug would be fixed only to find that it isn't solved. I have an s9 and noticed the bug recently too. I thought my fitbit was mucking up after dying but I tried everything so I'm at least glad to know it isn't just me 

Best Answer

All i keep getting told is they are looking into it

Kind Regards
Sue

Moderator edit: Removed personal information

Best Answer
0 Votes

Repeat: This thread has become quite large with many people, including myself, having the same issue. It's time for Fitbit to find a solution to this problem, or at least notify us of any progress they have made correcting it. 

Galaxy S8 - Blaze

Best Answer

Very disappointing since its been a while and how many people that are affected. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for sharing! This issue has been a little frustrating.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So it's the latest version with Android phones that's causing the issue?? And no help as of yet from Fitbit I see.

Best Answer

I am having this exact same problem.....I recently upgraded to a Samsung Galaxy S10e.  I can see who is texting me but no content of that text. I have tried deleting app and reinstalling, logging in and out and syncing again & again.....but still haven't fixed the problem. I need help....please

Best Answer
0 Votes
Solved the problem...just bought a Galaxy Watche fully compatible with my S9.

Télécharger Outlook pour Android
Best Answer