Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Msgs only show Sender's name (RESOLVED)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 9/12/19

Hey all!

We're still investigating and working on a fix for this text notification issue on Android. 

In addition to not receiving the correct text notification, we're now aware this is also affecting call notifications. Some of you may only see a previous caller's name and not the person actually calling you at the time you're receiving the notification. 

When we have more information for a fix, we'll announce it here in this thread. Please stay tuned for updates! 

Fitbit Update: 7/30/19

Hi everyone.

We're aware of these issues with receiving only the sender's name from your text messages. This appears to have started with the Fitbit for Android app version 3.0. If you're experiencing this yourself with your Fitbit device, please know we're working on a fix. 

While our team investigates this further, we just ask for your patience. Once I have information for a fix, I'll make an announcement here on this thread. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
795 REPLIES 795

I've been having the same issue for a few weeks now. It's extremely frustrating. I tried contacting support and they told me to reset my fitbit, which I already did and there was nothing more they'd do. 

Best Answer

I have been having kind of the same problem. Sometimes my charge 2 wont give me any notifications for my texts or calls. The thing that gets me though is that it seems random for when it will or will not give me notifications. 

Best Answer

Hello everyone! It's a pleasure for me to provide assistance with the inconvenience that all of you are experiencing with the notifications feature of your Fitbit devices, my sincere apologies for the delay in responding your posts. 

First, I'd like to appreciate all of your effort and the patience spent on this situation, I totally understand how frustrating this matter can be for each of you. Let me share with you guys that we are aware of this situation and working to resolve it as soon as possible. We know the impact this can cause to our users, the notifications feature is really important. Therefore, we are working to release an update to resolve this situation as soon as we can.

On the other hand, I've noticed that some of you are using mobile devices that are not compatible with our products and services. I'm aware that some users were able to use your Fitbits with non-compatible mobile devices with no difficulty, however, we cannot ensure that all the Fitbit features will work as intended due to this compatibility concern, this is because of Android and Fitbit app updates. Please make sure to use a compatible mobile device to avoid difficulties. For the ones that are not receiving notifications at all, please review the steps that were shared in my previous post

Pardon me for the Accepted Solution mistake, the button was clicked by error 

Let me know if there's anything I can do for you to assist in the meantime. Your understanding and patience are appreciated. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine suddenly stopped working on July 21st. I have a Samsung J9. I haven't received a lot of help when I contacted customer support.

Best Answer

Hello,

I looked at the "Compatible List" and noticed that the Samsung Galaxy S10e
was not listed which I used to have the Samsung Galaxy S7. So does that
mean my fitbit will no longer work with my Android phone?

Thank you!

--
Diane 

Moderator edit: Removed personal information 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Wingnut85 welcome aboard, thanks for your post. Thanks for your reply @Dseats116

@Wingnut85  Let me share with you that the Samsung Galaxy J9 is not compatible with our products and services. Please check the information from my previous post regarding this and try with a compatible mobile device instead. You can get in touch with our Customer Support team if you have any additional questions about the information that was provided by them.

@Dseats116 Fitbit is always working and testing on non-compatible devices to make sure that they meet all the requirements to be used with Fitbit products and services. If your Samsung Galaxy S10e is not listed, this means that we haven't tested that specific mobile device to ensure that everything will work as the way we designed. Therefore, you can try some troubleshooting steps but I cannot ensure that they'll work due to the compatibility concern previously mentioned.

See you around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine was working fine with my Galaxy J7 and then it just suddenly stopped working. I'm frustrated.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a J7, not J9 and it worked up until 2 days ago.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Charge 2 won’t buzz or display calls or texts. Notification is on. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I have been having the same issue. I have a Google pixel 2. Looking forward to learning the solution. Thanks!

Best Answer

Yes!  This has been happening to me with my Pixel 2!  So glad it's not just me.  I've restarted, re-synced.  Tried to uninstal/re-install the app.  Nothing is working.

Best Answer

I'm on a galaxy s8, which I've had for 2 years, and the notifications have worked perfectly for the entire time Ive had my Fitbit (nearly 2 years)

It was working one day, and suddenly not the next, so it is definitely not the mobile device.

As others mentioned, the sender shows up on the Fitbit device (most of the time, other times just says "view message") but no text. Previously, literally a week or 2 ago, the text was also visible. 

I've tried every recommendation on this thread and have not been able to solve the issue. 

Best Answer

Same thing around the same timeframe (mid July) just  the senders name, no message (previously did recieve the messages). Tried uninstalling/ unpairing/restarting none if it worked. Using the charge 2 with the galaxy S10e

Best Answer

Let me see if I understand this. So are you saying that the Samsung Galaxy
9 (and newer) are not compatible with fitbit charge 2? If that is so, than
why do I receive all my calendar reminders etc (even my texts....minus the
context of that text which is the problem) via my fitbit charge 2??? But
yet you are saying it is not compatible. Hmmmm......can you please explain?

Thank you!

--
Diane

Moderator edit: Format 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I totally agree....my fitbit worked perfectly fine last week and this week
things are not working with receiving contexts of my texts. That is why I
think there is a problem with the software and not our Samsung Galaxy
phones. Plus I called the fitbit tech support yesterday and they said it
is a software issue and they are working on it. Let's hope fitbit can get
this fixed soon because I really miss being able to glance down to my
fitbit and reading my texts!

--
Diane 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm giving up, between this and the display screen that just split down the middle with no explanation, I'm switching to a garmin. I will miss my fitbit tracked history, but with no response to this issue over the days since we all started commenting and they realized it was a bigger issue than just a few people's settings I'm really disappointed in Fitbit and am moving on 😞  - They were amazing in their first few years of getting big but have declined in support and customer service since then 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes
I've got a Samsung S9+ and up until two weeks ago was able to see the
preview of messages plus calendar details etc. Now I cant so I dont think
they can blame the phone
Best Answer

I agree 100%!! This is so frustrating!

--
Diane 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I totally understand....I too am getting very frustrated with Fitbit! And
if they can't resolve this problem, I may be switching to a Samsung
Watch.....but I dislike change (learning everything all over again).

--
Diane 

Best Answer

Totally agree, I hate to switch since I've had my fitbit for 5+ years not and all my historical data will be lost, but I need a working device. They may see all the features as a luxury, but with how much better the other devices are with messaging technology and their lack of response, they are forcing our hands... 😞

Best Answer