Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 2.62 - App logged out (RESOLVED)

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 12/21/17

Thanks everyone for their updates! I'm sorry some of you are still having login issues with the Fitbit for Android app. As always, please confirm you are on the latest version of the app, which is currently app version 2.63. Our team is still looking into this login issue. I don't have any new information to share at the moment, but we are still investigating. Thanks for your patience! 

Fitbit Update: 11/28/17

This login issue continues with app version 2.62.1. Our team is aware and still investigating the cause. I will provide an update here when I get new information, or if there is a fix released. Thanks everyone for your patience!

Fitbit Update: 11/21/17 

Hi, everyone! I'm aware users on the latest Fitbit for Android app version 2.62 are having trouble logging in. I have escalated this to our team for further investigation. This was previously happening on version 2.59 and looks to be happening again. Thanks for your patience while the team looks into this! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
72 REPLIES 72
Thank you. I hope they resolve it soon!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@AlessFitbit wrote:

This login issue continues with app version 2.62.1. Our team is aware and still investigating the cause. I will provide an update here when I get new information, or if there is a fix released. Thanks everyone for your patience!

@AlessFitbitWhat about sync and notifications, is that going to be resolved anytime soon? Extremely frustrating and impossible to get my notifications I rely on working with my new Charge2 and v2.62.1 of the app. I was using 2.19 with my Charge and it worked great, just downgraded and my Charge2 is working perfectly fine for both sync and notifications. Very disappointing and frustrating, please provide a real fix. Thanks

Best Answer

My app logged out and it won't let me log back in... keeps saying "wrong email or password"... yet I was able to log in on my laptop using my email and password.... but I can't see my progress on the phone, since it won't sync.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Could you please revert back to a working version?I spent hours trying to reset my password, disable the VPN, reboot the phone, reinstall the app, before finding this forum.

I resurrected my Amazon Fire phone, the app works perfectly there.

Best Answer

@Aarick Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for sharing your experience with logging into the Fitbit app. Just to clarify, were you getting any error messages when attempting to log in? If you could explain what happens after you submit your email and password that would be helpful. Aside from using your Amazon fire phone, you can log into your account through a web browser on a computer or laptop. Let me know if you have questions. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

No error messages other than "Invalid email of password". After selecting "Forgot Password?" and ""Send Reset Email" I get an error "Network operation failed - No network connection. Please check your settings."

This is a new Fitbit Flex 2, I just installed the app (Android 8.1.0 on Nexus5x. Worked fine for a couple of days. Then I had intermittent errors - sometimes it would request a password and say it was invalid, other times it would open the app without asking for a password.

I just read some of the VPN comments. I had configured the VPN to exclude the Fitbit app, but still had the problem.

I just disabled the VPN and can now log into the app....

My Kindle Fire (not my Fire phone) uses the same VPN server, but it let me log into the Fitbit app even without excluding it from the VPN. However when I tried to link it to the Alexa skill for Fitbit I got an error.I just tried again (several hours after the first attempts) and it did link.

Not sure what the problem was, just that it should be this hard.

My Moov works without any problems, as does my Mi Fit (and all the other SmartHome crap I have installed)

No Bluetooth on the office computers but I'll try the Window's 10 app when I get home.

Thanks for your time.

Eric

Best Answer
0 Votes
Now I can log in but my app just won't sync on my phone 🙄🙄 seriously so fed up with this now fit bit! Sort it out! 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
And now I am not able to sync still and I logged out after the update and it's sayong down for maintenance once again whrn I try to log in and not allowing me 😞 😞 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

FitBit engineers have been working on this for nearly 2 months and it is still not fixed. Maybe they need new engineers. It is so frustrating that i am considering ditching FitBit for another brand

Best Answer
Yes me too, highly dissapointed as I had wanted fitbit for a long time and finally got it a few months ago and had only a months good use out of it with the app but now I think about it,  it had never synced well on real time.

Best Answer

@AlessFitbit

Not having login issues, but after updating last night, I can't sync now. Have a Flex with my Samsung S4 Active. Was working perfectly fine yesterday, just started after the udpate.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If something's working perfectly fine I wouldn't update it, it's hard to beat "perfectly fine" lol. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is a known issue. i have been in contact with fitbit about it for 2 months. they just keep saying that their engineers are working on it and then send me the same list of instructions that don;t work. I don't expect a fix anytime soon, their 'engineers' are clearly not up to the job.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Uprating something is suposed to nake tjinsg even better.

Best Answer
0 Votes

App was working fine yesterday.

This evening, I launch the app and am prompted to log in. It tells me that my email/password combo is incorrect. I click "forgot password" and the app says I don't have a network connection. I launch a browser on my phone to check my network and successfully log into the fitbit.com site. So, my email/password is correct AND my phone does have a network connection.

Go back to to app and try creating a new acocunt. Get told that fitbit.com is down for maintenance (except it isn't, see above).

Uninstall, reinstall app. Same errors.

Using Pixel running Oreo. App version (as reinstalled just now) 2.63, updated 15 December.

Interesting that the app stopped working sometime last night/today but hasn't been updated for a week. So it can't be an app issue but rather someone has done something on the back end.

Good to see, by the age of this thread, that fitbit support continues to be first class as always. It's great when it works and falls to pieces when it goes wrong.

Best Answer

Thanks everyone for their updates! I'm sorry some of you are still having login issues with the Fitbit for Android app. As always, please confirm you are on the latest version of the app, which is currently app version 2.63. Our team is still looking into this login issue. I don't have any new information to share at the moment, but we are still investigating. Thanks for your patience! 

Best Answer

Why want the fitbit app sync once phone is connected with wifi?

@AlessFitbit wrote:

Thanks everyone for their updates! I'm sorry some of you are still having login issues with the Fitbit for Android app. As always, please confirm you are on the latest version of the app, which is currently app version 2.63. Our team is still looking into this login issue. I don't have any new information to share at the moment, but we are still investigating. Thanks for your patience! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Further to my previous message, my app function has been restored and I'm now able to log in. I didn't do anything after the steps posted above, I just tried logging in occasionally and finally my details were accepted. I'm still on v2.63 dated 15 December, confirming my hunch that the issue was back end and not the app itself.

Don't appreciate the ads to buy stuff plastered over my dashboard though. I hope they only appear once and won't come back...

Best Answer

If the ads keep coming back I won't be.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes me too, can now log in and its syncing however I am apprehensive about this lasting as I managed to login briefly in between all the troubles a few weeks ago then it messed up again.. we shall see!
Best Answer
0 Votes