Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 5.0 Required for Future Updates

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 08/5/18: Hi everyone -- Beginning with the release of the Android app version 2.76, Android users will need to be on Android 5.0+ to update to the latest version of the Fitbit app. Users on 4.4 and below will still be able to access the Fitbit app up to version 2.75. 

For more details on app releases, check out the Android release thread.

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
16 REPLIES 16

And for the candy-minded individuals, 4th version of Android is called Kit Kat, and Android 5.x is called Lollipop.

@AlessFitbit wrote:

Users on 4.4 and below will still be able to access the Fitbit app up to version 2.75.

Can you confirm that the Fitbit app works on Android versions below 4.4? The link posted seems to indicate 4.4 is the minimum requirement?

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes

@WavyDavey I think you're right the post for 2.75 says 4.4 is required. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So when is Fitbit going to fix the part of their mobile app that prevents my (and several others) phone from connecting to my 2015 Buick enclave  via bluetooth? Worked fine from Sept. 2017 until April 2018. 

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner Hi and welcome - not sure you have posted this in the correct thread for a proper response you may have to start a fresh with the device you have -

are you sure that Fitbit is the problem the app shouldn't interfere with the way a phone connects to another device - has the phones software been updated since April and it is that that is causing the issue?

have you tried disconnecting Fitbit from Bluetooth - connect the phone to the vehicle and then re-enable Bluetooth with Fitbit?

you have probably rechecked the procedure but take a look as a reiminder

https://my.buick.com/bluetooth/2015/Enclave

if it is the app have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling?

I know its probably not the solution but maybe worth looking into

kind regards

Wayne

Charge 2, 3 - Windows 8.1 - Samsung S6, S8, S9 - Each day we learn something new is a day not wasted
Best Answer

@WavyDavey @Lilbiddy Hi, there! If you are using Android 4.4 (KitKat) then the highest Fitbit app your phone can support is 2.75. Users on 4.3 (Jelly Bean) can still access the Fitbit app up to version 2.51. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

@ashwolve

Thank you for your response. I have tried everything you suggested. I have also had my Buick into the dealership (I have the latest software that Buick has for this vehicle.), I have connected and disabled and removed the app and restarted my phone. I was also sent two refurbished phones from my carrier (same issue with the fitbit app), I have called Samsung several times and they have auto connected and tried to fix the problem. At this time the Fitbit app is the only one that prevents me from connecting to my 
Buick Enclave. On my thread, there are several other people that responded that are having the same problem. I am about to throw in the towel, sell my fitbit's and go to a gear smartwatch. Loved my new Versa, but not being able to connect to my vehicle is not an option. 

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner Hi again - sorry that any of the suggestions has not resolved your enquiry - as for your post I had to check through your profile as this is a different subject I am receiving this on " Android 5.0 required for future updates" don't know why it would show here?

I apologise for my ignorance but being in the UK I am unfamiliar with the working of Buick

However I had a thought,  not sure if this has any relevance but I have noticed that the S9 and Galaxy A8 is not yet listed as compatible with Fitbit devices Compatible devices, have you checked to see if your phone is a non compatible device at present - this may cause reason for the app/connections to not work correctly

as when you are driving the connection to Fitbit I would surmise is not that important (I could be wrong) have you tried logging out of the app whilst traveling and see if it would allow you to connect that way - a pain it maybe but if it works as you know Fitbit keeps a few days worth of data on the device so syncing could take place once you have finished for the day, maybe worth looking into

found this on the versa thread - I am sure you have already tried this but I gotta mention it https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Versa/Versa-interfering-with-car-s-bluetooth-connection/m-p/2714286#M20125

sorry I could not have been of any more assistance on this matter

Kind Regards

Wayne

Charge 2, 3 - Windows 8.1 - Samsung S6, S8, S9 - Each day we learn something new is a day not wasted
Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner - Hi not sure if you sorted it yet but I have found this article you may wish to take a look at to see if any of it relates to your enquiry - although some of the referrals are to Ford Vehicles I wondered if they could be relevant to all vehicle connection problems

Is the Fitbit app interfering with other Bluetooth devices

Kind Regards

Wayne

Best Answer
0 Votes

So I don't understand. Are you saying I need to purchase a new phone?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Lorax777 Hi and welcome - have I missed something? this is your first post on this thread so unsure on the full extent of your enquiry are you referring to the android version here or you other post of data not syncing and the GPS not being accurate?

the main point of the post is all future updates would require this as a minimum - ways around this would be to turn of auto update feature for the Fitbit app via Google Play Store (as a temp measure)

I personally would never advise to purchase a new anything nor do I think that was the intention of the Fitbit staff who gave us the information - I am just suggestion reasons and possible suggestions on how to remedy it - what phone do you have and do you know the software version there are certain systems that can still operate on Android 4.4 - for you information (if it helps) Android 5.0 (Lollipop) was released November 2014 so the chances are you maybe fine (no guarantees)

I will look into the other enquiry and will reply to you on there should I find any information that may assist you

in the meantime should you have any major concerns I would ask you to give customer support a call the phone number will appear once the office is open (usually 0800 - 1900 Mon-Fri and 1000 - 1700 weekends in the UK)

Customer Support UK

This is for the UK but should you need to change country scroll to the bottom and look for United Kingdom with a down arrow next to it and click on the arrow now you can select your relevant country and the page will refresh

hope this helps

Kind Regards

Wayne

Best Answer

When will the FitBit app start to target API 26, Oreo or higher?  It will be required in a few months, but I'm optimistic that the rewrite using higher API will improve syncing and battery life.

Pixel 2, Fitbit Versa
Best Answer
0 Votes

@JustPlainTed Hi and Welcome - not got a clue about API 26, I know that the apps work on Oreo but what API that includes not a Scooby, I would be happy to settle for Fitbit Tech to resolve the basic issues they currently have like food logs, barcode usage in UK, axis times and starting day of the week - not to mention the split screen on the app dashboard,

not sure if this will give the answers as I believe you are talking future programme interfaces but maybe worth a look

https://dev.fitbit.com/build/reference/web-api/basics/

and as you asked you are probably already aware of this https://developer.android.com/about/versions/oreo/android-8.0

whether Fitbit will integrate this in the short term would probably be best to try Customer Support as it is a more technical enquiry then most community user would be able to answer

To give customer support a call the phone number will appear once the office is open (usually 0800 - 1900 Mon-Fri and 1000 - 1700 weekends in the UK)

Customer Support UK

This is for the UK but should you need to change country scroll to the bottom and look for United Kingdom with a down arrow next to it and click on the arrow now you can select your relevant country and the page will refresh

sorry I could not be of more help - hopefully one of the Moderators or Community Council will see your port and maybe able to provide you with more information

Kind Regards

Wayne

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone! 

@JustPlainTed, you can read more about the API in here! Be sure to visit that board as it is better suited for your question.

@Lorax777 Are you having any specific issues? If so, please let us know that we can assist you!

Let us know if there are any questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

whether Fitbit will integrate this in the short term would probably be best to try Customer Support as it is a more technical enquiry then most community user would be able to answer

plex luckypatcher kodi

Best Answer
0 Votes

i have a samsung galaxy j1 ace, version 4.4.4, but i don't receive and text/call notifications of calendar notifications. i am out of text and call credit, but i set a reminder on my calendar app on my phone but it doesn't show up on my tracker.

thanks for you help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @meesha.123.

Thanks for bringing this up. 

In this case I'd like to recommend that you try to follow the steps listed in this help article. They should definitely help in getting the notifications to work once again.

Look forward to your reply.  

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes