Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android App keeps showing privacy reminder

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Every time I close and re-open the app, I get shown the privacy reminder; it takes you to settings to verify your choices and then once you tap back to go to the dashboard, there is a further confirmation to agree. This happens every time I open the app.

I've tried various fixes found on this forum like logging out of the app and logging back in but none have worked.

It seems to have coincided with going abroad on holiday, but that may be coincidence.

Has anyone else experienced this recently and do you know any fixes?

Update

This also happens even if I leave the app running in the background all the time.

Best Answer
115 REPLIES 115

Back in the UK and the problem has fixed itself, no sign of the updated app yet either but now I am no longer having the issue I won't be able to check if it "fixes" it until I am next out of the country.

Best Answer

Hi Yojana, I just updated the app and the issue is still occurring on my phone (Galaxy S20 FE 5G)

Best Answer

OK, so I updated and the privacy thing seems to be gone now.  

Best Answer

Just updated to the latest version in the Play Store this morning, and issue still persists. Tried changing regions, logging out/in, restarting, etc. In Europe for a week, so will have to wait and see what happens when I return home to North America.

Best Answer

I've also tried all of that and updated my app. Privacy reminder still pops up. Hoping I don't have to deal with this for the rest of the year. 😂

Best Answer

Hi everyone.

Thanks for updating the thread with your comments. As mentioned before, we've escalated this situation and we hope this gets resolve soon. The information you provide here is really helpful.

@Australianne Thanks for letting us know that you're no longer getting those reminders. Did you perform any other troubleshooting? Where are you located?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
I'm in Australia. Other fixes I had tried prior to the fix were
restarting the phone, turning off wireless, clearing the cache etc.
Android indicated the app had updated but it hadn't, so had to force the
update, which fixed it.
Best Answer

Same here. In Europe, holiday from Australia. Any fix yet? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Happens to me too. Started when I went on vacation. Very annoying and a fix would be great... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

S

ame issue here.

Just bought a luxe and installed the app two days ago. Keeps asking...this is so annoying. 

Based in Germany, haven't travelled the last days.

How to fix this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just to add some information to the conversation. I returned home to North America and the Privacy Reminder is gone. Seems to be an issue with some GDPR-related code, I would guess. Since we don't have that here, it doesn't pop up.

Best Answer

I have the same problem. I was living in the UK when I registered my Fitbit account, now I'm in mainland Europe. Not sure if that could be a problem.  It's really ruining my experience with my new charge 5, I hope there is a fix for this soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone.

Welcome to all new users and thanks for reporting this issue with us. Our team is currently investigating the cause for this reminders. @Australianne and @jongarvin This information is really helpful, thanks for sharing your comments. We're glad this has been fixed for you.

We'll let you know when we receive updates about this.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

Hi! I am also having this issue on my Huawei P30 Pro in Norway 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having this issue with a new bought fitbit inspire 2

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would also like to add that I haven't been away from home when I had this issue, so not sure if travelling has much to do with it?  I hope you all get it resolved very soon. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks 🙂 Yeah In my case I haven't been travelling at all. Only ever home in Norway since I got my charge 4 and downloaded the app. Had the problems since, in my case. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue since I moved to Europe yesterday. Fitbit versa 3, Galaxy s20 Fe 5g. Fitbit app is up to date and so is the watch. None of the troubleshooting steps worked so far. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

hi all.

Just wanted to add that the issue still persists and at least in my case I could not fix it via the web workaround. Please fix as this really is a drag on usability. thanks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone,

I think I managed to fix the problem (in my case). My wife had the same issue, always the privacy reminder showing up every time she was lauching the fitbit application on his phone.

I also have a fitbit and didn't have this issue on my phone. So i logged-in with the user and password of my wife on my phone. The message appears, I accept it, relaunch the app and the message doesn't show up. Then I logged-out on my phone, she logged-in on his phone and the message didn't show-up. It hasn't reappeared since.

So if you have this issue, try to connect your account on another phone (or a phone of a friend that doesn't have this issue) and accept the privicy on this phone. It worked for me...

I hope it will help someone and sorry for my (poor) english

Alex

Best Answer