Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Beta 3.56.1 - "Nearby Permission Needed" but no such permission in settings

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After update today to Fitbit Android Beta app 3.56.1 when I open the App it says that Nearby Permission is needed.  Takes me to setting but in Android setting I have no Nearby Permission.  I have given Fitbit All permissions but still get the error message in the app.

Android 12, Fitbit Sense, Beta App 3.56.1, Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity.

Best Answer
78 REPLIES 78

This is the explanation of the new requirement.

To enable the permission you should go into settings->apps, select Fitbit and then Permissions.

(Please try, i dont have access to the Fitbit beta version)

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner   Thanks, but there is no such permission in the settings to set and I have tried giving Fitbit All Permissions which does not work either.  Even did a search in my settings for "Nearby" and found Nearby Share.  Enabled that which did not change anything. 

Android 12, Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra, Fitbit 3.56.1, Fitbit Sense

Best Answer

Yeah, it's an error in the beta and that permission doesn't exist currently for the app. Only fix right now is moving off the beta.

Best Answer

It's been more than 12 hours and my app store is still showing beta version. I don't have the beta app on my phone anymore. I Have re-started the phone multiple times. 

The app in Google play shows its  still removing my account from the beta test program. 

I tried leaving developer feedback but getting a server error everytime I try posting it.

Any suggestions on how to clear beta version?

Best Answer

Settings > Search for Secure folder > Select Secure Folder settings > Apps - and see if you have Fitbit in there. I had a copy in there so it prevented the beta from going away.

That is what I finally did and everything is running smoothly now. 

Best Answer

Probably.try to.delete the cache of play store and then try to reopen and search for fitbit. Normally this should work.

Best Answer

Thanks @Roni1979 deleting the cache of play Store did the trick! I was able to install the regular version of the app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I went to the Playstore, found Fitbit app, scrolled down to the beta info.  Chose Leave.  Uninstaller the app.  Then waited a few minutes.  Went to playstore, downloaded the app, logged in.  Granted permissions as needed and all is now working.

Best Answer

Just got an update for the (non-beta) app. It now includes Nearby permissions. Haven't checked out the beta, but this is a good sign. And it does say that it's version 3.56.1 ... so I'm guessing the fixed the issue and pushed the beta to production.

Screenshot_20220328-125514.png

Best Answer
I tried beta again but in beta app it's still the same. Not.possible.to get
the permission.
Best Answer

@RodrigoMFitbit Has this been resolved as this version (not beta version) is now shown as the latest update on my phone? 

Best Answer

As of this morning, the Beta has not been updated and the issue still persists.  Shame that the developers have not commented on it at all. 

Best Answer

I also have this problem. I let the app take me to the "Permissions" and nothing.

I go to Settings, I search for "Nearby"  and go to Nearby Devices Permission Controller and Fitbit doesn't even show up there.

Pixel 6 Pro

Android 12 version SQ1D.220205.004

Fitbit Sense

App Version 3.56.1 Beta

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried contacting Fitbit via the app and via the Beta gmail to no avail. I just left the beta in the app, removed the app and reinstalled and all is working fine. The beta had on one time been a very interactive effort between the users and Fitbit but recently has only been pushing beta versions.

United States. Fitbit Ionic. Fitbit Aria 2. Google Pixel 3 XL. Android P Beta.
Best Answer

Yeah.. Looks lime I'm going to have to do the same thing afters years of being in the beta.  Hard to communicate when no one listens or even replies that they are aware and working on it.  I reported in both places as well.  Here and in the playstore.  No response. 

Best Answer

Yes my Sense doesn't work anymore very frustrating!!!

My first one stopped working  and now this happens: ( I'm about to be done with Fitbit all together!

Best Answer

I want to thank this forum for helping me with the nearby permissions issue. As stated here I went back to playstore as I'm using android. I opted out of the beta version, deleted the app, reloaded the app and signed in now everything works, thanks all!

Best Answer

Device and phone not reading.  Message reads needs nearby permission in settings for Fitbit.  Don't see that.   Pixel and sense no longer paired

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does this help you?

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Android-App/Android-Beta-3-56-1-quot-Nearby-Permission-Needed-quot-b...

Sense Activation 11/3/20\IPhone 12 Pro Max\SimpleClockPro Watch Face\Spigen Rugged Armor Pro Case/Band
Best Answer

Assuming you're on Android:

Screenshot_20220403-081849.png

Long press the Fitbit app icon and then tap the "I" to get to app info.

Screenshot_20220403-081924.png

Tap permissions

Screenshot_20220403-081935.png

Tap "Nearby devices". It might be under not allowed.

Screenshot_20220403-082230.png

Tap allow

Best Answer
0 Votes