Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Dashboard Redesign Feedback

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 04/24/2017: Hi everyone -- Our Android team appreciates everyone's feedback in this thread and are working to fully implement the new Android Dashboard in the upcoming 2.48 release.

I am closing this thread as all feedback has been captured and reviewed by our team. Thanks again for all of your constructive feedback as we continue to improve Fitbit products and services.

Fitbit Update 10/04/2016: Hello Android Community! Some of you may have took notice that your Fitbit app has updated and you now have the option to view the new Android Dashboard (see screenshot below).

andrrroiiiidd.pngThe new Dashboard design for Android is currently only available to our external closed beta group. We currently have the beta group closed, but some of you old school Fitbit beta users, were able to get in before we closed the group to the public.

For those of you in the beta, feel free to share your feedback so I can pass it along. I will have a more concrete timeline of official release to share with everyone when I get a confirmed date. We're taking our time to make sure the features are all working up-to-par. Thank you in advance for the feedback!

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
486 REPLIES 486
I mostly use my fitbit to track sleep, and this new design is not allowing me to resize that tile or move it to the top. I was able to hide the tiles I don't need. It would also be useful to have a tile for the alarms, instead of hitting the plus sign to access it. It would also be nice for autoshift of the tiles to try to get on 1 screen without scrolling, to resize automatically and shift them to fit them. Other than that, it looks great and might be beneficial for me.
Best Answer
Everyone who is unhappy with the app could always side load a previous version and disable automatic updates. I don't even use a FitBit anymore and I'm still providing tech support for friends, family and co-workers. I've lost count how many people I've helped install a previous version of the app in the last couple days. Has to be close to 50.
Best Answer

@Gilleantforce a sync, simply put your finger on the dashboard and pull your finger towards the bottom of the screen.

Best Answer
I reverted back to the prior version of the app. I am worried that they
are going to take that away from us at some point in the future and are
going to be stuck with an option that is not palatable for a lot of us. If
the suggestions that are being offered are not taken into account, this
will be the last fitbit I buy, because while there are better options, I
have always liked the fitbit app and interface better. Without that,
Samsung Gears start looking a lot better.
Best Answer
I can't find the alarms with the new dashboard. Please help.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hit the plus sign in the lower right corner, it's in the popup with other things
Best Answer
Thanks, they should change that.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello there, @Stacyvdb! Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us! 

Based on it we improve our areas of opportunity in our services and products, this is super important to us and we definetely take in consideration, so make sure you keep on sharing.

I hope to see you around a little more! Man Very Happy

Solange | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

@MikeS1971

Hiya. I'm tempted by this - hopefully being a Beta user wouldn't prevent me doing it. Can I ask though, apart from presumably just doing a search to find a source for it, does it function okay over time if not updated?

Thanks,

Helen

User since 2012One, Blaze, Android
Also occ posting as Blokeypoo
Best Answer
0 Votes

@SolangeFitbit wrote:

Hello there, @Stacyvdb! Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us! 

Based on it we improve our areas of opportunity in our services and products, this is super important to us and we definetely take in consideration, so make sure you keep on sharing.

I hope to see you around a little more! Man Very Happy

@SolangeE @ErickFitbit

Hi. Could you similarly reassure the rest of us that we're being heard as the silence in this Mod started thread (for feedback!) has been deafening of late. Of course I don't expect to be spoonfed with responses to every post but not being starved would be lovely and I think reduce the anger some people are expressing.

My fear is, having seen all this happen before when I was on IOS, that nothing will change if I'm honest. It'd better to not have feedback than ask people to invest time in giving it if it isn't at least considered and some outcomes fed back to your users. Not everything can nor should be considered but it would be nice to see some response to all the views and why they aren't feasible.

Thanks everso Woman Happy

Best Answer

@Poo wrote:
https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Regain-Lost-Features-Android-Dashboard/idi-p/165...

Hi guys, this thread should be being moderated in theory but any real views only get heard by using the feature requests. Hope my link works but the thread is on main menu if not. Please add your votes to my request as creating new requests splits the votes. You can add comments if mine doesn't cover your issue.

For those with specific issues which don't seem widespread I'd log a help ticket thingy with the support staff as it's likely to be quicker and might be device related.
Hope that helps 🙂
Helen

Reposting this link to try to make sure everyone votes as this is allegedly what counts but we shall see!

These are attention seeking caps not shouty ones   Woman LOL

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
I agree with poo completely! I have copied their comments below, but I would like to add that having a linear list I could arrange how I wanted and scroll through is easier to track my goals. With the new dashboard I have to jump around to look at different tiles, and as Poo pointed out, I can't put my calorie burned and calories in/out next to each other. That calories in vs. out is gone drives me crazy.

I can't stress enough that I don't care about graphics, I care about getting the maximum amount of information on my goals as quickly and efficiently as possible. The old dashboard in a list format with totally moveable tiles with bar graphs does a better job.
-------below are Poo's comments that I agree with--------
1. the new weight tile is of no value at all - I want to know what lbs are left to lose to stay at goal range +/-7lbs not what I've lost since a random date on a graphic which is in reverse and which represents nothing tangible. I don't want to have to tap a tile to see data which always used to be there at a glance. EDIT to add that it also doesn't show weight gains which we all have particularly on maintenance - it just says nothing or rather "--lbs lost" whereas it used to say 3lbs to goal or then 4lbs the next day if a lb gained. This is much more useful than it just showing a blank field for gains and actually some people find seeing a gain a good motivator and also easy to see the effect of the previous day's/week's eating habits.
2. I keep a very close eye on my calorie deficit and activity, often flicking back for days to view it. With the "in vs out" tile missing from the new dashboard this now requires more thought/effort and isn't as motivating. I don't even have the option of putting the food tile (cals in) next to the cals burned tile to try to compensate for this.
3. Whilst the tiles can move a bit on new dash I can no longer hide the tiles I never use - having floors and minutes active at the top is of no value to me at all and I can no longer move/hide the tiles I want to see in a cluster.
Best Answer

Based on Fitbit's policy of not listening to their users, I know posting this is useless. They will do whatever they want competely ignoring their users, but I thought I'd post anyway to make it clear that I agree with the majority of the posters in this thread. The new design is in NO WAY an improvement when it comes to easy accessiblity of data.  But I guess the moderator knows that and has disappeared from this tread, so as not be called out on all his statements that this was a test and how the developers were listening.

• The weight tile is useless.I don't care how much I've lost, I want to know how much I've still got to go. To me it is unbelievable that they completely change the shown value from one app version to the next. It's the completele opposite of what used to be shown. How about some consistency in design??
  • Having to use arrows to switch days is also a huge step backwards, it's much less convenient and feels very, very dated. Smart phones have touch screens!!! i.e. the entire screen can be touched and used for the interface. Now we only have small buttons. How is this in any way better than the previous version?? Utter rubbish!!
  • The artificial divide into what Fitibit decides should be in the top half of the screen and what should be below the divide. It seems to offer personalisation, but it doesn't. Fitibit still mostly decides for its users what should be where. Users cannot create their own layout. I know this couldn't be done in the old version either, but don't claim to offer personalisation and then restrict the options. Disappointing.
  • When changing days, only the tiles in the upper half change values. The files in the lower half do not adjusted to the changed day and continue to display today's values, even though the date and values shown in the upper half are from a different days. Completely illogical and highly confusing to users.
  • The new version requires more scrolling as less data fits on one screen. Another step backwards when it comes to ease of use.

Judging by the persistent (very annoying) pink notification shown on the old version, we will all soon be forced to use the new dashboard.

Based on the last two years, Fitbit is moving in a direction that I do not like one bit. Removing features, restricting data backup to one month at a time (while still claiming the data is ours), completely disregarding users when it comes to redesigns of both the website and the apps. I will be looking at alternatives and when my fitbit devices break down, replace them with product from a different company.

Best Answer
Thanks for your post. I was beginning to feel my battle with fitbit was only mine. I can't even access the full app and it won't sync..always the fault of my devices or my lack of persistence in trying. I never had a problem till the app was changed but of course that's nothing to do with fitbit!!!!
Best Answer
Perhaps we should all fight back by posting on ALL reviews just what a great company fitbit isn't!!!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Wish tiles in second section could be made smaller to fit four across and had the ability to move some from first to second section and vice versa. Heart rate was one I kept on top in old app so I could monitor continuous during elliptical workout.
Best Answer
I don't like the new dashboard at all. Some of the items that I use daily are gone on the new dashboard like in the weight lbs to go. How do I go back to the old version.
Best Answer

The old version is never coming back. Fitbit doesn't care about your feedback. Just look at how long the iOS users have been fighting to get an option to use the old dashboard. It has been 5 months and no change. 

Sorry Android! 

The best thing you can do at this point is turn off "automatic app updates" and make a backup of the apk file.

Best Answer

@DChase wrote:
I don't like the new dashboard at all. Some of the items that I use daily are gone on the new dashboard like in the weight lbs to go. How do I go back to the old version.

The "weight lbs to go" isn't gone. If you tap the weight icon on the dashboard, it opens the weight screen, which shows the "Goal Progress" with the number of "lbs lost since" and the "lbs to go to meet your goal".

Best Answer
Thanks but you should not have to do all that when the old version kept it on to let you see. Anyway I found the way to change back to the old version.
Best Answer