Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Dashboard Redesign Feedback

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 04/24/2017: Hi everyone -- Our Android team appreciates everyone's feedback in this thread and are working to fully implement the new Android Dashboard in the upcoming 2.48 release.

I am closing this thread as all feedback has been captured and reviewed by our team. Thanks again for all of your constructive feedback as we continue to improve Fitbit products and services.

Fitbit Update 10/04/2016: Hello Android Community! Some of you may have took notice that your Fitbit app has updated and you now have the option to view the new Android Dashboard (see screenshot below).

andrrroiiiidd.pngThe new Dashboard design for Android is currently only available to our external closed beta group. We currently have the beta group closed, but some of you old school Fitbit beta users, were able to get in before we closed the group to the public.

For those of you in the beta, feel free to share your feedback so I can pass it along. I will have a more concrete timeline of official release to share with everyone when I get a confirmed date. We're taking our time to make sure the features are all working up-to-par. Thank you in advance for the feedback!

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
486 REPLIES 486
Thank you
Best Answer
0 Votes

@MikeS1971 Thanks for your feedback. We take that very seriously, that's why and, just like I mentioned above I encourage you to give us your opinion in the Feature Suggestion board. Make sure you share with us your comments in the idea named "Regain Lost Features Android Dashboard". 

Hello there, @nightswimming! I'm so truly sorry if I came across as condescending, please know this was never my intention. I was just trying to defuse the tension and I wanted to share my personal experience. That's all. If you wish to  make your voice heard I also encourage you to post your comments and vote for the idea shared by @Poo.

Greetings, @Elena_Iv.! Just like I clarified to @nightswimming I didn't want to come across as condescending and I sincerely apologize for any confusion there. I know there are discomforts with the new design of the Dashboard for Android; therefore I also encourage you to post your comments and votes in the Feature Suggestion board. This board is constantly being reviewed by our devs and engineers to make sure we are delivering on what our users need. 

Hey @strawberry_. This thread was started by one of our community users. The thing is that the Feature Suggestion board is reviewed by our devs and engineers and based on that feedback there, they shall implement new features. It also helps us to keep the Community tidy and organized. Smiley Happy I understand your grievances and that's why I want to point you in the right direction. 

@Poo that was never my intention at all, please know that. I was just simply sharing the experience I had when something similar happened to me. Starting a Feature Suggestion is the best way to make your voice heard so that our development team can address your concerns. Thanks again for your feedback.

@StevenDon64 welcome to the forums! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your opinion with us and also for giving ideas on how the app can work better. I truly understand your position on the Fitbit providing medical info and data; however Fitbit trackers are not medical devices and are not supposed to be used as one. The only medical device made by Fitbit is the Aria scale, which I see you already own. Currently, we don't have any info on whether there will be medical Fitbit trackers but, in the Feature Suggestion board there are several Digital Health suggestions you can check out.

Now, Fitbit listens to our customers and that's why we have already implemented a waterproof and swim proof tracker to the market and that's the new Flex 2, check the specs here

@Kladz thanks for stopping by! Well, in this case make sure you share with us your comments in the idea named "Regain Lost Features Android Dashboard". Because as I mentioned before, this board is the perfect place to make your voice heard. Cheers!

@LesleyJW That's pretty cool suggestion but, please make sure you post this in the Feature Suggestion board as I mentioned before this is the right place to do so! Good luck. 

@Chip126 welcome, welcome! That's pretty odd and sounds to me like the issue might be from your tracker or the app. Just out of curiosity, have you tried logging out, force quitting your app and then logging back in? That should do it. Also, verify that your Bluetooth is on and that you have internet available when syncing. Let me know how it goes!

@jojobee thanks a million for the clarification! That's pretty interesting and I'm sure this will clarify any doubts regarding that icon in the lower right corner. Smiley Happy

@AlunHumphreys welcome to the forums! That's pretty weird. It sounds to me by what you are describing that perhaps you don't have a tracker paired to your account and that's why steps aren't showing there. What tracker do you use? Do you see any other info in your Dashboard? Do let me know. I'll be around!

@SunsetRunner thanks for stopping by! Have you tried logging out, force quitting your app and then logging back in? Also, verify that your Bluetooth is on and that you have Internet available when syncing. I might also suggest a tracker restart. Let me know how it goes!

@tiuri I'd like to sincerely apologize if I also came across as patronising. That was never my intention. I wanted to point in the bright side of things and I wanted to share my experience when something similar happened to me. I truly appreciate your feedback and the right place to make your voice heard is the Feature Suggestion board. Thanks again!

@Liamesque thanks for joining us! Thanks for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Just like @LesleyJW suggested to make the change reversible if possible. Make sure you guys post this idea in the Feature Suggestion board.

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer

If we get redirected with our feedback to the suggestion topic, then I honestly don't understand why this thread is titled "Redesign Feedback". Wasn't the purpose of this particular thread to gather the opinions of the people and reasons why they like or don't like the new design, and what they want to see on it?

Or maybe you mean that this thread should be titled "Android Dashboard Redesign Positive Feedback"?

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

i was hving the same issue. i told them and got a snotty answer back. if you switch back to the old dashboard it works great

Best Answer

@Elena_Iv. thanks for getting back to me! Well, the thing is that the Feature Suggestion board is reviewed by our devs and engineers and based on the feedback there, they shall implement new features. It also helps us to keep the Community tidy and organized. Smiley Happy I understand your grievances and that's why I want to point you in the right direction. My intention is to ensure that conversations are friendly, factual, and on-topic. Nevertheless, I will definitely pass all this feedback along to our engineering team; we do take all of your feedback seriously. Thanks for sharing!

@SunsetRunner thanks a million for your feedback! How I was telling @Elena_Iv. I will definitely pass this along to our devs and engineers. I certainly appreciate you took the time to give us this feedback. Catch you later! Smiley Wink

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well so far I like it. But as I havent got my flex 2 yet I dont have anything to sync so cant comment on that. I found the old dashboard a little untidy abd confusing and like the look, and so far at least, the functionality of this one.
Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
Not happy at all.
In order to see yesterdays dashboard, you used to swipe, now you have to hit the tiny arrow at the top. Not convenient.
Sleep times do not update as I go back in time. The sleep time it shows is always from today.
Finally, as many have pointed out, the dashboard gives less information on first sight.
Please do not make us switch to this dashboard!
Best Answer
https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Regain-Lost-Features-Android-Dashboard/idi-p/165...

Please add votes and views to this in order to be heard by those who matter. Helen
User since 2012One, Blaze, Android
Also occ posting as Blokeypoo
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi MariamFitbit,
Thanks for your quick and we'll thought out reply. Thanks also for listening to us and having an open mind for our questions and concerns.
I understand your reply and agree to a degree. In giving us the ability to track some medical related items, it would open the doors to some who really shouldn't be able to track medical things. It could end up with hypochondriacs misdiagnosing that little itch they have. 

Now I have to report a bug in the new app if I may.
I have had to charge my Blaze twice a day on the new dashboard as it drains the battery really fast. I have gone back to the old dashboard and since, I have charged my Blaze last night and the tiny little icon looks like it's at about 3/4 right now, which is almost 24 hours, and in line with prior to switching to the new dashboard.
I have noticed that the new is more stable with the Bluetooth connection, and it seems it was almost always synced. The old dashboard tends to drop connection to the Bluetooth more often.
I know it may never happen, but you can't blame me for asking lol. I would love to see a version of the app made for BlackBerry 10. As it is, I have to keep the app running as a live tile rather than as a background process, and able to use the Hub.

Cheers

Moderator edit: word choice

Gone from a Blaze to Ionic, and I'm happy so far, although I wish I could remove the apps I won't use.Hooked up to my Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus, but I wish I was still using my my BlackBerry Passport as that's a much better phone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

The more I use the new dashboard, the more I like it.  Two of the features I really like is the ability to drag the dashboard down to start the sync of the tracker, and the ablity to tap on one of the dashboard icons, such as Steps, to see the history of that stat.

Best Answer

Hello everybody! It is nice to see you. Robot tongue Thanks for keep sharing your thoughts and opinions! I agree in some of them however I think it is just a matter of getting use to it, change is always positive and this design is very complete and has a lot more features as our friend, @USAF-Larry said. So just be patience you'll see you will learn to love it too! Heart 

If you are having issues regarding battery issues, you can check out this thread, the new dashboard should not cause this at all. 

Enjoy your Friday! Man Very Happy

Solange | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes
Please don't be so condescending to those of us who don't like the new dashboard. We are not children and we know what we like. And... no, change is not always for the better!
Best Answer

I am truly sorry, @LesleyJW!  I didn't think my liking the new dashboard was condescending to anyone, but if it offended you, I am sorry.  The title of this tread is "Feedback", and I offered my feedback, but not necessarily directly to you. And, I still like the new design.  You are right, though, in that change is not always for the better, nor for the worse. But, there will always be change.

Best Answer
0 Votes
It was not you Larry, it was SolangeFitbit
Best Answer
@USAF-Larry I'm pretty sure her comment was directed at the moderator that made the condescending remarks a few posts ago and not you.
Best Answer
Thanks, Mike, you are correct!
Best Answer
0 Votes
The one thing I noticed about @Poo's suggestion is that it is a general Bring back the old fynction. Yes there is a mention of one thing, but isn't their several suggestions that should be individually mentioned?
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi @Rich_Laue,
I detailed a number of functions which I feel have been compromised but maybe they were all in this thread and I possibly didn't make me feature suggestion more clear. It's hard to know the best thing to do given that we were all asked to feedback here originally!
Old or new dash, I care little but, despite the protestations of the moderator, some of us can no longer get the info we used to in a timely and efficient way.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Everyone -- I am capturing all feedback and sharing it out with our Android team who is taking every piece of feedback into consideration. I appreciate everyone who is taking the time to share their opinion.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer

@ErickFitbit

Thanks - I really appreciate your response  Woman Happy

Best Answer