Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Dashboard Redesign Feedback

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 04/24/2017: Hi everyone -- Our Android team appreciates everyone's feedback in this thread and are working to fully implement the new Android Dashboard in the upcoming 2.48 release.

I am closing this thread as all feedback has been captured and reviewed by our team. Thanks again for all of your constructive feedback as we continue to improve Fitbit products and services.

Fitbit Update 10/04/2016: Hello Android Community! Some of you may have took notice that your Fitbit app has updated and you now have the option to view the new Android Dashboard (see screenshot below).

andrrroiiiidd.pngThe new Dashboard design for Android is currently only available to our external closed beta group. We currently have the beta group closed, but some of you old school Fitbit beta users, were able to get in before we closed the group to the public.

For those of you in the beta, feel free to share your feedback so I can pass it along. I will have a more concrete timeline of official release to share with everyone when I get a confirmed date. We're taking our time to make sure the features are all working up-to-par. Thank you in advance for the feedback!

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
486 REPLIES 486

Your help in this thread is most appreciated @Rich_Laue. Keep it up! Smiley Happy

@Pen10 thanks for stopping by! In order to temporarily change to the old dashboard, follow these steps:

1. Click on the "Account Tab" in the new Dashboard design.
  2. Scroll down to the bottom and select the "Advanced Settings" option.
  3. Click on "Switch back to the Dashboard" button at the top.

Let me know if it helps! 

@rw5 @Gillean thanks for your input guys. That's the option right there in advanced settings! Smiley Happy

@StevenDon64 Thanks for getting back to me! Sorry for the late response regarding this post right here. I've found an idea in the Feature Suggestion board about your question on having an app for BlackBerry 10. Make your voice heard by adding your comments and votes in the idea: App for BlackBerry devices O.S. 10. I'd like to see this implemented eventually!

@Mizzsam welcome to the forums!  Thanks for your feedback! I was checking out the new dashboard and you can definitely see your steps and the battery life from your mobile Dashboard. Take a look at this screenshot:

steps & battery - Android.png

If you don't see the steps tile, perhaps it has been hidden from view. To unhide it please do the following:

1. Scroll all the way to the bottom and click the Edit button

2. The tiles with the plus sign mean that are hidden. Tap the plus sign and add it to your Dashboard!

Hope this helps. Keep me posted!

@Devee thanks for you feedback! I see what you mean about the horizontal and vertical view. Once again, thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback and insight about the dashboard preview for the Android app. Until the new dashboard gets implemented you can still use the old version of it. Smiley HappyHeart

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer

Im sorry but the new dash board is a big let down for me and my six family members. I like to see the cals in vs the cals out in the old version so if Fitbit wants me to use the new dashboard please listen to many of us.

Best Answer

Please remember to add your votes to the feature request for old dashboard functions (if you agree with it) in order to be heard.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Regain-Lost-Features-Android-Dashboard/idi-p/165...

Thanks,

Helen

User since 2012One, Blaze, Android
Also occ posting as Blokeypoo
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Edwardo-damingo wrote:

Im sorry but the new dash board is a big let down for me and my six family members. I like to see the cals in vs the cals out in the old version so if Fitbit wants me to use the new dashboard please listen to many of us.

I am a little confused about this, can you explain it to me. At the top of my app Dashboard I see the estimated calories burned (cals out), and if I scroll down I see the "cals in" and "cals left".  Doesn't that show the "cals in vs the cals out"?  What am I missing?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Elena_Iv. wrote:

Personally, I would prefer not to scroll at all to view this info.

Oh, now I understand. Too time consuming?  I guess scrolling never bothered me since I do it all the time on web pages, e-mail messages, text messages, etc., etc., etc..  But, can understand the problem now....  Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

As mentioned in detail in this thread before, many people want the cals in vs cals out together as we view historic data. Currently they are in split fields so you can only view the current day at a glance. Flicking back is useless as cals in tile stays on current day. 

Now, to gauge my cumulative calorie deficit, I have to go into the separate tiles, write down the cals in data then go into the next tile to get the cals out and do the maths. 

It used to be a quick swipe back and some mental arithmetic, now it's very much not. 

Not a problem for those who don't use theirs in this way, annoying for those who did and feel it is a backward step for them in managing their weight in particular. Just allowing us to move tiles across the upper and lower field would help provided it showed the same days data for each item when flicking back through it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I guess I am one of the users who managed to get a Beta copy. You have asked what was wrong with the new dashboard but all I can say is that the ONLY thing that is right with it is the step counter. There is no functionality with the remainder. Calories in the top screen totally usless to me (in any screen). Miles are meaningless unless you have a GPS connected because the program does not take into account the variations in how we walk.I don't need to know how many days I exercised nor how much water I have had. I would also like to easily be able to see what I have done in the previous days as far as active hours, calories over/under, etc but that has gone by the wayside.

I feel that if the functionality of the old dashboard is lost that you may lose me too.....

Best Answer

I am a little confused about what you want to use the tracker for, or see on the dashboard, @fiddlekrazy. You say the only useful information on the dashboard is the number of steps, and you don't need to see the calories burned, the distance, the number of days exercised, how much water you've consumed, etc., but then you say you woud like to see this information for the previous days.

This left me a little confused - what information would you like to see on the dashboard besides the number of steps?

Best Answer
0 Votes
@USAF-Larry wrote:

I am a little confused about what you want to use the tracker for, or see on the dashboard, @fiddlekrazy. You say the only useful information on the dashboard is the number of steps, and you don't need to see the calories burned, the distance, the number of days exercised, how much water you've consumed, etc., but then you say you woud like to see this information for the previous days.

This left me a little confused - what information would you like to see on the dashboard besides the number of steps?

"Calories in the top screen totally usless to me (in any screen)"

Maybe I should Clarify what calories mean .... I can't. The new dashboard shows "1176 cals" in the top half. The dialog icon in the 2nd half shows "271 cals in. 1488 cals left". I would want the later in the upper half.

"I don't need to know how many days I exercised nor how much water I have had"

Hmmm, I guess for those who are not organized, they might need these things. I exercise the same days every week and I drink the same amount of water every day (within 1 glass).

"I would also like to easily be able to see what I have done in the previous days as far as active hours, calories over/under, etc but that has gone by the wayside"

In the old dashboard I have the following items on the screen: steps, active minutes, calories left, hours with 250+ and sleep. These are important to me and I understand that the same things may not be important to others and they may have other items there. In the old dashboard it was easy to see what I have done in the past with a simple swipe right. In the new dash board. I have to tap an icon to get a graph of the item tapped, then go back and tap another icon to see what that graph tells me, etc. The funcionality has been lost.

I hope that this lifts the confusion just a little bit 😉

Best Answer

@fiddlekrazy wrote:

In the old dashboard I have the following items on the screen: steps, active minutes, calories left, hours with 250+ and sleep. These are important to me and I understand that the same things may not be important to others and they may have other items there. In the old dashboard it was easy to see what I have done in the past with a simple swipe right. In the new dash board. I have to tap an icon to get a graph of the item tapped, then go back and tap another icon to see what that graph tells me, etc. The funcionality has been lost.

Each one of these things - steps, active minutes, calories left, hours with 250+, and sleep - are also on the current dashboard, aren't they? They appear on mine.  I agree I have to tap an icon to see the history of that item, but I don't find that much of a hindrance to obtaining info I need.

Best Answer

@fiddlekrazy it's been about a month since the new dashboard had been availible to all Android users

Best Answer

Thanks @MariamV Smiley Very Happy

Gone from a Blaze to Ionic, and I'm happy so far, although I wish I could remove the apps I won't use.Hooked up to my Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus, but I wish I was still using my my BlackBerry Passport as that's a much better phone.
Best Answer

I agree with @fiddlekrazy about the previous days. I don't understand why the app only shows daily progress? On the website we have weekly tiles--and since the redesign to the tile system, the only tile I really look at is the weekly one where I can use the drop down menu to switch between activities (when I first started using FitBit, I logged everything including allergies and journaling, but then you removed it and I lost everything! So I see no point to entering my information on your site only to have it taken away at some unforeseen moment, if I need to track my information to look back at, I need to write it down somewhere I know I'll be able to retrieve it, so I have no need for all these tiles for water intake, weight loss, calories burned--anything I have to enter manually.). I can see all my daily information on my actual tracker... So why is that the focus on the app? I want to open the app up to see my weekly totals with out scrolling through each day and adding them up in my head. Am I just completely missing something? I don't see this functionality in either design. I honestly don't care much for the app, I just need it to sync. And then I log into the website version to see my weekly stats.

I do have to add a thank you for the dashboard redesign switching to landscape view. That I appreciate, because I use the app on my tablet and it's annoying that the dashboard screen I have to flip my tablet sideways like it's a phone and then open something up and have turn it back around to landscape. I guess I can get over all the dopey graphics that are just wasting space, if I can add the weekly progress tile.

In summary, I'd rather have information over graphics. Cumulative information. What about adding options to see weekly totals, monthly totals, yearly totals, current year vs previous year(s), lifetime totals, etc? If FitBit wants to help people with lifestyle changes, why not utilize personal history. Why stop at a goal of X steps current day, and encourage people by challenging them to improve over time? Setting a goal to increase steps from year to year, etc. the possibilities are endless. 

Best Answer

Cheers @Rich_Laue

I had assumed there was a local data store as I had updated my data while offline. Obviously it tricked me somehow.

It also seemed way too fast, even for a wifi connection at times. Other apps I have that sync are way too slow, but it may be coded badly, or the coding may not be as compatible with BlackBerry 10 as the Fitbit app is.

Gone from a Blaze to Ionic, and I'm happy so far, although I wish I could remove the apps I won't use.Hooked up to my Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus, but I wish I was still using my my BlackBerry Passport as that's a much better phone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@StevenDon64

Unfortunatelly, BB10 is dead. They did not create native app for BlackBerry10 three years ago, so they will not develop it in these days. It´s a little bit sad, because BB10 is powerful OS and especially Blackberry Passport is awesome device, but this doesn't make sense without support.

Moderator edit: format

Fitbit Versa 2
Note 10 Aura White | Galaxy Watch 3 Silver | Buds+ White
Best Answer

Hi @werionae 

I'm not able to agree that bb10 is dead.

We just had a major update last week.

I know how easy it is to think that, especially considering the length of time since the last update. And of course that BlackBerry are spending a lot of time developing Android phones with the BlackBerry security.

I love my passport ;-). 

Best Answer
0 Votes

i've been using my flex everyday for the past year ans i tried the new dashboard once it was available. i generally like the look of it but lack one key feature for me: swiping to previous days instead of trying to hit that small arrow with a thumb 🙂

Best Answer

The quick swipe back is a real loss when coupled with the new fixed lower field.

I'm trying to keep my calorie deficit in line with the Christmas meals I'm going to and it's such a pain to have to click into the cals tile, make notes, click into the cals burned, make notes, then do the maths at the end.

This used to be sooo simple! I could just swipe back, see cals in/out right next to each other and know my deficit in an instant.

If I could only change one thing this would be it for me although the faffy weight tile is equally redundant to me now as it doesn't show my actual weight!

Would begging help?

Best Answer

New public version (2.39)

1) Sync issues fixed (sync working flawless after update for me) Man Happy

2) Possibility to switch between new and previous dashboard persist Man Indifferent

3) Still not possible to use Monday as the first day of the week. Man Frustrated

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Start-week-on-Monday-on-Android-App/idi-p/715960...

I still believe, one day it can be fixed...

4) One more thing:

New battery indicators Man Embarassed

Screenshot_20161215-223231.png

Fitbit Versa 2
Note 10 Aura White | Galaxy Watch 3 Silver | Buds+ White
Best Answer

The old Android Dashboard is color coded  BLUE/YELLOW/ORANGE/ GREEN so it is easy to see progress on goals at a glancce.

The new dashboard has only blue and green.

Will the Android Dashboard be getting the color coding?  I find it  very helpful.

Best Answer