Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Dashboard Redesign Feedback

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 04/24/2017: Hi everyone -- Our Android team appreciates everyone's feedback in this thread and are working to fully implement the new Android Dashboard in the upcoming 2.48 release.

I am closing this thread as all feedback has been captured and reviewed by our team. Thanks again for all of your constructive feedback as we continue to improve Fitbit products and services.

Fitbit Update 10/04/2016: Hello Android Community! Some of you may have took notice that your Fitbit app has updated and you now have the option to view the new Android Dashboard (see screenshot below).

andrrroiiiidd.pngThe new Dashboard design for Android is currently only available to our external closed beta group. We currently have the beta group closed, but some of you old school Fitbit beta users, were able to get in before we closed the group to the public.

For those of you in the beta, feel free to share your feedback so I can pass it along. I will have a more concrete timeline of official release to share with everyone when I get a confirmed date. We're taking our time to make sure the features are all working up-to-par. Thank you in advance for the feedback!

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
486 REPLIES 486
If the Fitbit folks are reading these posts, they know what they have to do
to keep their customers satisfied. It's fine to change the LOOK of the
dashboard, but it's not fine to lose functionality and the features we rely
on to track our workouts, calorie burn, and heart rate zones. I'm currently
using the old dashboard, but when it goes, I expect the Fitbid designers to
have listened to their customers and to have made the appropriate
modifications. As my grandfather used to say, "If it ain't broke, don't fit
it."

--
*Justine O'Keefe*

* **Justine O'Keefe at Longmeadow
or on facebook
Best Answer

Technology is in constant change.  As new users get devices and start using the app, they will default to the new dashboard and will see no reason to move from it.  Most smartphone & tablet apps are graphical icon based, and not text based. As a computer systems developer since the 60's, I have seen lots of changes to the human interfaces and almost all of them have been met with some people loving it and some people hating it.  But, change they have, and change they will.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have no problem with change until it renders a gadget useless to me. Design and appearance are bound to change, not a problem.

Lose or complicate features which many customers value (and ask for feedback then ignore it) and you can expect some dissent. 

User since 2012One, Blaze, Android
Also occ posting as Blokeypoo
Best Answer
Yes, but if they don't listen to their customers (the most important people in the whole story, by insisting on changing to an interface that is clearly a step backwards, they will lose those customers.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
Does anyone know why my fitbit is not logging exercise when it's turned on in the settings. It was ok until the dashboard changed. I've gone back to the old dashboard, which I prefer, and now it's stopped logging.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Interesting question, @Kjærlighet2017, since the Dashboard has nothing to do with logging exercises - that is done in the tracker itself. The Dashboard simply displays the data which has been uploaded to the Fitbit server.  By "not logging" exercise, are you referring to exercises being automatically recorded via the charger SmartTrack, or manually tracked exercises via the Exercise Mode?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine did that also. I solved the issue by rebooting the Fitbit. I did not
lose any of the previous data. All functions returned!
Best Answer
It's the Track Your Exercise function that doesn't seem to be working and picking up exercise automatically. The last time it logged sad Feb 13th.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Oh, great. How do I reboot the fitbit, please.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Kjærlighet2017 Which tracker do you have? The restart proceedure is a bit different for each.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
@Kjærlighet2017 wrote:
Oh, great. How do I reboot the fitbit, please.

How you reboot depends on the fitbit you have. They are all different.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Let the battery get fairly well run down. Several minutes after plugging it
into the charger, hold down the button until it flashes a code/word at you.
I found the directions on line. I rebooted mine twice in quick succession
-leaving it on the charger the entire time. Most of the features returned
immediately. (I did this late afternoon) The sleep tracker & exercize
recognizer features returned when the clock passed midnight. Good luck.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have a Charge HR - I googled the directions!
Best Answer
0 Votes
How do you reboot fitbit flex?

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Put device in the charger.  On the bottom of the charger you will notice a small hole.  Take the end of a paperclip & put into the hole & hold for 3-5 seconds.  Then let recharge.  That should do it.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have flex 2 but I think I've done it now. Thanks
Best Answer
Mine was doing something weird and not tracking my walks right. It only
tracked about 1/4 of it, looking like I was flying between points. I sent
a question to the official fitbit support site. It said to use the
original charger and push something through the pin hole on the back to
reset it. It worked! Back to tracking my walks correctly.
Best Answer

I don't like the new dashboard not as straightforward and infantlising data display also my device constantly shows sync errors  since the new display began

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am able to use new dashboard, however, my minutes of activity is not being recorded unless I manually input. Once inputted, it adds steps to my current number. I went in and added my activity with calories burned and it took away steps.

Best Answer

Using new dashboard on Android 2.44 latest version.  The stats stays the same when I swipe from day to day.  I want to compare calories , water etc and have to go into each day to see the stats. Would like the dashboard to reflect the daily counts.

Best Answer