Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Dashboard Redesign Feedback

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 04/24/2017: Hi everyone -- Our Android team appreciates everyone's feedback in this thread and are working to fully implement the new Android Dashboard in the upcoming 2.48 release.

I am closing this thread as all feedback has been captured and reviewed by our team. Thanks again for all of your constructive feedback as we continue to improve Fitbit products and services.

Fitbit Update 10/04/2016: Hello Android Community! Some of you may have took notice that your Fitbit app has updated and you now have the option to view the new Android Dashboard (see screenshot below).

andrrroiiiidd.pngThe new Dashboard design for Android is currently only available to our external closed beta group. We currently have the beta group closed, but some of you old school Fitbit beta users, were able to get in before we closed the group to the public.

For those of you in the beta, feel free to share your feedback so I can pass it along. I will have a more concrete timeline of official release to share with everyone when I get a confirmed date. We're taking our time to make sure the features are all working up-to-par. Thank you in advance for the feedback!

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
486 REPLIES 486

Got it Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
I did exactly that. Thanks
Best Answer

Did exactly that.  Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not a fan of the New Design.

my 2 cents

Please leave option to use Original versus.

If you want to add something which I would consider more of Benefit would be Waist Circumference Measurements. It is only a matter of time before WC will be the consider the Gold Standard.

Especially for those with a BMI that  is considered  just inside the upper limit for ideal.

Best Answer
Horrid interface. The tiles are far too large, looks like it would be practically unusable on anything less than a phablet. I especially loathe that you can't get an overview for past days; only the items at the top change.
Best Answer

I love the new version, and since the upgrade to version 2.44 it syncs much faster.

Best Answer

I can't seem to find the feature on the new dashboard that will tell me calories burned, average heart rate, and percent of fat, cardio, and peak for my daily workout. These were available on the old dashboard, but I can't seem to locate that information on the new version.

Please advise as this is a major area of interest for me as a fitness instructor who does a variety of formats in my teaching.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't like the new dashboard. My swimming is not  being logged and I can't find a way to make that happen. Help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. I would like to offer some feedback. I have only just recently purchased a fitbit and I am just getting used to its features. I have a former of dyslexia and I suffer from on set cataracts, which are getting progressively worse. I have found the  current dashboard to be easy to use and easy to see. Unfortunately my app switched to the new dashboard the other day on its own and I had to quickly find a way to get back to the old one. The new one is totally useless for my needs and impossible for me to see even with my glasses on. If we are forced to have the new dashboard it will mean I have spent £70 of my hard earned cash, which I can't really afford, on something that is totally useless and unusable. 

The item in question was purchased as a means of trying to get fitter and lower my blood pressure, which I was recently informed was elevating.

As a person who's job it is to consult with people, I believe you need to listen to your customers and give them what they want if you want your business to succeed. I purchased my fitbit based on recommendation from a colleague but if you change my dashboard and I can no longer use the device, I will not be recommending you to anyone. 

People with disabilities have a hard enough time accessing, facilities, services and goods as it is. Be the wise company and don't follow suit.

I have only had my fitbit 2 weeks so if you do intend to change and don't listen to your customers I will expect a refund.

Best Answer
I hate it to - if you go to advanced settings you can switch back to old dashboard. You are stuck with a pink banner but it is the old dashboard. Nancy Jocoy
Best Answer

I love the new Daily Goal Celebrations on the new dashboard that started with version 2.44!  It also seems to sync a lot faster than it used to.  Keep making improvements to the new dashboard!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think every update underlines how differently people use their fitbit. 

I hate the childish goal celebrations, I'm not 9.

I still hate the new dash, not for the look but for the loss of functionality. Removing things it used to display so readily is not about people just needing to get used to new stuff, it's about useful tools being lost or complicated but that seems to be being overlooked. 

User since 2012One, Blaze, Android
Also occ posting as Blokeypoo
Best Answer

@Poo wrote:

Well, that is one great thing about some of us in our 70's and 80's, we can enjoy the childish things that tend to irritate others!  Smiley Happy   But, I still love the new dashboard! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the help. I'm much happier with the old dashboard. What were
they thinking?
Best Answer

Just shows how different we all are. I love the new 'celebrations '. And I'm  bit older than 9!  Anyway, if you dont like them they are easy enough to ignore as they are over quickly.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, I'm late on this reply as I've been ignoring the Android reminder to try out the 'new' dashboard. I personally like the old dashboard. Everything I'm looking for is right there on ONE page. I don't have to tap/scroll to find anything. After many months of 'ignoring' the reminder to check it out it updated automatically to the new one. I tried it out and I do not like it at all. To many keystrokes to get what I want. Luckily I was able to reset the dashboard back to the older version which to me is more user friendly. As long as Fitbit leave the option of which dashboard the end user can choose I'll leave it at the older one. If the choice is taken away then I'll have to make a permanent decision as whether I stay with Fitbit. It's a shame too as I just upgraded to the Blaze which I love but it may end up just being a glorified watch and notification band.

Best Answer

@USAF-Larry wrote:

@Poo wrote:

Well, that is one great thing about some of us in our 70's and 80's, we can enjoy the childish things that tend to irritate others!  Smiley Happy   But, I still love the new dashboard! 

Hiya. Yes, I'm 50 soon and generally love childish/silly stuff - my main daily exercise is my trampoline which makes me giggle like a kid.

Maybe I'm holding a grudge because of the loss of functionality! For me, tarting up the graphics whilst losing function is very much sprinkling glitter on a t*rd  Woman LOL

User since 2012One, Blaze, Android
Also occ posting as Blokeypoo
Best Answer

I agree. If they make the change permanent, I will look into other options.  I have no idea why they decided to change it???  

Best Answer

What has happened to the logged data of my daily workouts (Surge Run). I can no longer just look at my mobile and find out my splits, time and run distance.?  I don't have time to go look at my PC to check out the Dashboard. The Android version was superb the way it was being able to sync my Surge and instantly review my morning run on my phone.

Best Answer

Just found the 'Go back to old dashboard' link in Advanced Settings.  Phew saved! 

Best Answer
0 Votes