Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Dashboard Redesign Feedback

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 04/24/2017: Hi everyone -- Our Android team appreciates everyone's feedback in this thread and are working to fully implement the new Android Dashboard in the upcoming 2.48 release.

I am closing this thread as all feedback has been captured and reviewed by our team. Thanks again for all of your constructive feedback as we continue to improve Fitbit products and services.

Fitbit Update 10/04/2016: Hello Android Community! Some of you may have took notice that your Fitbit app has updated and you now have the option to view the new Android Dashboard (see screenshot below).

andrrroiiiidd.pngThe new Dashboard design for Android is currently only available to our external closed beta group. We currently have the beta group closed, but some of you old school Fitbit beta users, were able to get in before we closed the group to the public.

For those of you in the beta, feel free to share your feedback so I can pass it along. I will have a more concrete timeline of official release to share with everyone when I get a confirmed date. We're taking our time to make sure the features are all working up-to-par. Thank you in advance for the feedback!

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
486 REPLIES 486
@ErickFitbit

I would like my particular issue to be made clear to you.

I have a particular reading disability that makes the tile lay out particularly difficult to use. A linear list system is much easier for me to cope with.

It would be best for me and others with my disability, who really want to continue to find their Fitbits a pleasure to own, if your tech team would keep the original dashboard available as an alternative choice. For me it's not a matter of learning to use the new one, my brain will never be able to.
Best Answer
I would be happy to go back to the old Android dashboard and give my spot to someone else.
Best Answer
Sorry don't like new one...want old one back...perhaps you can give us a choice
Best Answer

I like the general look of it. However, if looking at a previous day, I would expect the tiles to show details of the previous day and not stay on the current day, for the purposes of quick comparison.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I like it better than the original, but would like to see the add button moved to the bottom menu, or somewhere else, it is in the way of the tiles.
Best Answer

Screenshot_20161126-204311.png

This is not ok. One app using 37% of my phone's battery over the course of a day is absolutely ridiculous. Others in this thread have complained about battery drain. And about steps not updating in the new dash (while still updating correctly in the "old" dashboard). And about the lack of detailed data for previous days. Every once in a while a fitbit rep will pop into this thread to reassure us that we'll learn to love the new bug-ridden software once we get used to it. Or that all of the problems are something we're doing wrong, even though none of the issues existed prior to this "upgrade."

I thought that Fitbit customer service was excellent up to this point, but if all of our very valid concerns continue to be minimized with no suggestions other than to just learn to love the new app, I think I will be leaving the Fitbit ecosystem for a more reliable hardware/software provider and will be advising my friends and family to do the same.

Best Answer

Then @cdbuzz and @back_recovery simply go to settings - advanced settings - switch to old dashboard 

Best Answer

I am not seeing this problem with battery usage, @Justin_S. Mine shows very little battery drain on my HTC One phone (see screenshot below).  I have All-Day Sync turned off, and I do not use notifications.

Several versions of the Android app ago, I had problems with high battery drain. I uninstalled the Fitbit app, turned off the phone, turned the phone back on, and re-installed the Fitbit app. That cleared the problem with the app.

Battery_Usage.jpg

Best Answer

@USAF-Larry, I appreciate you taking the time to respond, and please understand that my frustration is directed firmly towards fitbit and not the helpful users of this forum. I'm glad the app is working for you and the other fitbit users who are experiencing no issues. On the other hand, if this was broken across the board, it would probably be an easier fix to identify and a higher priority for Fitbit tech.

The days where the Fitbit app decides to use literally half of my phone's battery seem to coincide with the days where the app also shows that I have 200 steps at 8:00pm after walking around all day. This has happened maybe four times since the new dashboard was rolled out, as opposed to zero times during the past two years.

I'm using a Nexus 6p, stock, with Android 7.0 and Fitbit app version 2.38. None of the battery intensive settings in the app are turned on (although it would be nice to be able to use these features). The app has been deleted and reinstalled, the cache has been cleared, my Fitbit has been deleted and re-added, etc. All user-side troubleshooting steps have been done. Multiple times.

Best Answer

Don`t like the new one.

Best Answer

I love the new design! What don't you like about it, @SunsetRunner?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just feeding back on my experience, again!

Since switching back to the old dash last week I notice I'm not using it like I used to. Having used both IOS then the Android Beta version of new dash for quite a while and finding it demotivating it seems I've lost the habit of regularly turning to my Fitbit to guide me. I used to love poring over my data and stats and looking for trends etc. not least because I work in research.

Maybe it says more about me than the app but it seems odd after 4+yrs to no longer really be invested in it.

Humans are strange Robot tongue

User since 2012One, Blaze, Android
Also occ posting as Blokeypoo
Best Answer

@Poo wrote:

Maybe it says more about me than the app but it seems odd after 4+yrs to no longer really be invested in it.

That does seem strange, @Poo. I am finding just the opposite - since changing to the new screen design, I find myself using it more often. I can quickly open the app and see the current stats and then know what I need to do.  I love the new dashboard!

Best Answer
What I notice about the old dashboard
It's harder to tell at a glance where I stand for the day.
To see what I want I have to do more scrolling of the page.
Best Answer
I have tried to use the new dash several times now. While I like the look of the tiles, the sheer lack of data is what is bothering me and keeps me switching back to the old version.

We are going from 11 data items to 8, which may not seem like a huge loss, but, for me, as I am desperately trying to watch calories in versus calories out, that tile does not function as well as the speedometer version in the old dashboard. If Fitbit wants to move to the tiles as opposed to the bars, I can handle that change. I just don't like having to navigate away from the dashboard to see the data that I can see at a glance now. That seems like such a huge step backwards as opposed to moving forward. There has to be a better solution.
Best Answer
@USAF-Larry
I think it just depends what tabs one uses and how one uses them. Horses for courses. I can only get one tab I want in the upper field, the rest are in the lower field and I can no longer view my historical data as a whole day. Now I have to interrogate each tile which, unless I want to write down the stats to compare by day, is pretty annoying and therefore demotivating.

I've always said I don't care which dash I have, it's the functionality I've lost which matters.

Horses for courses again.
User since 2012One, Blaze, Android
Also occ posting as Blokeypoo
Best Answer

I don't have a horse in the race, @Poo, but I don't worry as much about the history as I do the current stats - I know what I did yesterday and the day before, and the dashboard tells me what I need to do today. Tomorrow I will still remember what I did today. So, I haven't lost any functionality that keeps me from reaching my goals.

Best Answer
I agree with this 100%. If the lower tiles changed when you changed the day that would be great. For example, if I'm looking at yesterday, I want to see yesterday's sleep, not today's!
Best Answer

@Poo You're welcome!

@LesleyJW I appreciate you clarifying the details of your reading disability so I can make it clear to our design team. Thank you for sharing.

@back_recovery @cgbuzz You can temporarily switch back to the old Dashboard to see instant updates. To do so, follow these steps:

1. Click on the "Account Tab" in the new Dashboard design.
  2. Scroll down to the bottom and select the "Advanced Settings" option.
  3. Click on "Switch back to the Dashboard" button at the top.

@SunsetRunner @Suzyqhahn @Justin_S @SunsetRunner @Cannonbrit Thank you so much for the feedback. I am adding it along with the rest of the feedback captured here and sharing it out to our design team. Thanks again. 

@Justin_S If you're still experiencing battery drain issues with the app, I recommend getting in touch with our Support Team and explaining the details of your experience. I am confident that our team will be able to help diagnose what may be causing the issues with your app after taking a look at your back-end account information.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
What now bothers me more than any thing, and maybe it's just me but I have
used the app to look back on previous performance a week a month 3 months a
year. Now I can't see how to do this. I was knocked down earlier this year
and the record of my improving performance is vital to me. Tell me it's me
and there's a way to do this!!
Best Answer
0 Votes