Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Fitbit app not tracking food and calories intake

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had an issue for a few months now where my logged food doesnt accurately show up on the main screen icon, and instead have to open the full food log to view my calories.

Starting yesterday, the food log is not displaying my calories at all after adding them. Hours later, they might show up, along with all my other attempts to log my food. It's been a mess, and I've had to resort to just writing it all down.

Customer Support told me to log out, restart my phone, log back in, and try logging. That didn't work. Then they said to uninstall the app and reinstall the app. That didn't work either. I'm still having this issue today, and it's quite frustrating because it's like the main thing I use this app for.

Is this some bug that just needs addressed in an update? My app is up to date, having an update done two days ago. Anyone else having this issue? 

Edit: I would like to add that this only seems to affect the quick calories input. Any specific measured food I add seems to show right up, but since I use quick calories throughout most of the day, I cant accurately track my food anymore.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
875 REPLIES 875

It's been going on for awhile, they know about it and are supposedly working on it. Very frustrating!

Best Answer

This has been going on for weeks, your 'team' is an absolute joke if you are working as quickly as you can and haven't solved it yet. 

Screenshot_20220523-103913_Fitbit.jpg

  Where is Saturday guys?

This is happening for both my wife and me. 

Get it together already. This android app is an embarrassment. 

Best Answer

Since the last update, my food log remains at 0 calories on the app dashboard of my android smartphone.  The calorie intake is correct when I go into the calorie section. 

I have done the force close, log off, restart, etc... is this a bug in the new update?

Best Answer

Thanks for the update, @BCLucyBear.

I'm glad to hear that your calorie intake is back to normal.

On another note, you are welcome to visit the Health & Wellness board to talk with other members about health and fitness.

See you around.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Twice now since the last update most of my custom food list has disappeared. I have had to uninstall and reinstall the app to get it back. My wife has had the same issue once.

Latest time it has done this reinstalling has not restored the list. Will try again later.

Best Answer

I have been using Fitbit since 2020 and recently it has been driving me insane (the app, not the watch).
I log my food and it takes a really long time to show up correctly on the tile, sometimes the number jumps up and down a few times before deciding to stay on a particular number. Today I have input all my food early for the day and on the tile it says I am 857 calories over, but if I click into the page it says 872 calories over, so which is it? And I have tried to close the app, delete and re download the app, logging in and out, all of it. Seems like the same maths are not adding up to the same number depending on what screen you are looking at. Has anyone else had this problem and if so, how did you fix it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am trying to add a new food but the app is now not saving grams and other choices. It keeps saving as 'bar' 

This is no good as it saves as a serving also.

Anyone any ideas. Just bought a charge 4 a few days ago upgraded from charge 3. Today the app seems to be wrong. I have deleted and reloaded the app and also tried a new account, same as above

Best Answer

Noticed about a week ago that, although I could enter my food data on my android phone app, it would no longer show up on the app's "Today" dashboard. The button would only prompt me to record my data. If I tapped the button, I could see the data, so the phone was recording it locally, but upon returning to the "Today" dashboard, it wouldn't appear as if I had entered any data for the day.

Today, to resolve this, I logged out and logged back in, and am now able to see the recorded calories on my "Today" dashboard. However, data from the previous week has disappeared.

I am not sure if the food data was showing up on my PC dashboard, I rarely check the food logging there.

The problem first seemed to start when I was entering food data at midnight local time. I've seen other temporary data presentation issues occurring when the date changed, but this was the first time I had been recording food data at that point in time.

Best Answer

As of today I am having the same problem on the Android app with my Sense. I have used this feature on the app for over 5 years with multiple Fitbit watches and today is the first time I have had any issue.

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue. Just started today. I've done the reinstall routine and still doesn't work.

Same here, logging food but not counting calories and/or macro nutrients. Tried reinstalling and all data disappeared.

Best Answer

This is the second time this has happened to me.  I did all of the same things that customer support told me to do.  It didn't fix it.  It did start tracking again after losing 2.5 days of food tracking.  It just started again.  It seems to be (for me) when I create a custom food.  I enter it and everything after that doesn't show up right.   I believe the app is buggy and needs updated but I'm feeling very unsupported by customer support and feel like I should switch to something else if this is how it's going to be.  

Best Answer

Just today the Fitbit app has been logging incorrect food stats. I've tried restarting my phone, uninstalling the app, deleting all food, and entering all back in. My Fitbit website stats are correct, but not the app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried reinstalling twice and can not get custom food lists to repopulate. Works fine on the computer.

Best Answer

I'm seeing the same thing as of this morning, all but three of my custom foods are just gone. I had a lot of them, and they were a lot of work to enter.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Finding that I can not make new ones that work correctly. Had to make a new one on the computer.

Best Answer

When inputting food calories, the graph is not syncing with the log of items. And if I click to return to a day in the past from the list, it then removed that days bar from the chart too. It's only started to be an issue in the last few weeks. I've attempted to uninstall and reinstall app and it hasn't helped. Any ideas?

Best Answer

My wife and I both use the fitbit app on our phones. Recently, we see two different problems: calories on the main page don't show (it just shows 'start logging food') even though if you go into the detail page all the calories and meals are correctly listed, or from the daily detail page the total calorie count at the top either shows none of the food entries for that day, or it only shows a sum of a random selection of the entries for that day.  We tried clearing the cache, force stop, log out, restart phone, etc. Nothing seems to fix it. If you enter food on the web site, then it seems to 'wake up'  the app and it will start reporting correctly - for a short time (a few minutes to a few hours). It's all very frustrating.

Best Answer

For a week or more I've been able to plan my entire next day while winding down the night before - - I enter all my food for tomorrow so I can be sure to have an appropriate macro balance - - Suddenly Tonight I am unable to do so. This is a big issue as I am utilizing the app for accurate macro breakdown, and if I don't or can't plan ahead it's going to be a problem. It's setting me up for failure.

Secondly, looking at my macro breakdown circle graph is how I balance everything for the day. However, tonight I discovered that when I click the nutrient button just below it in order to check micronutrients, like fiber, the macros are askew. They do NOT even remotely match the macro circle chart.

Any ideas would be fantastic. The whole point of my food tracking is the plan the day before to make sure I'm successful! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Those are all things customer support had me do the first time.  It didn't fix what I'd lost but it did start working again (for a little bit).  I'll have to try logging in to the website and see what happens.  I agree, it's extremely frustrating. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having a problem with logging my food in my app. It doesn't add the food and it deletes foods that I create. This just started happening after the most recent update. 

This part of the app was extremely helpful in food consumption. 

Best Answer