Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Oreo on Pixel: App crashing when logging Food

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 9/12/17

Hey, everyone! This issue has now been resolved with the release of the Fitbit for Android app version 2.57. Please update your apps to the latest version! Now that this issue has been resolved, I'm going to close this thread from further discussion. As always, please open a new thread if you come across any new issues. Thanks for your help! 

Hi, Pixel phone users! 

Thanks for reporting this app crash on Pixel phones with the new Oreo (8.0) Android update. The app is crashing when manually logging new foods in the app. This has been escalated to our team for investigation. Please stay tuned for any updates! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
74 REPLIES 74

When I search for a food to log and click on it to select it, the app crashes.

Google Pixel XL on Android 8.0

Fitbit App Version 2.56

Best Answer

I have the same issue. Verizon Google Pixel running the official Android 8 update which was released in the past day and pushed out to my phone. When I search for food and try to log it the app crashes.

Android version 8.0.0

Build Number OPR6.170623.012

Fitbit app version 2.56 (2193156)

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/google-pixel-update/

Best Answer

Same issue; Google Pixel (non-XL) running Android 8.0

Fitbit App Version 2.56 (2193156)

Looks like it's busted for Android Oreo, and I saw someone had reported the bug here in February and got **ahem** for reporting from a beta version of Android.  Guess maybe someone should have tagged that for follow-up...

Best Answer

Same issue here. As soon as my Pixel got upgraded to Oreo.

Best Answer

Yeah, that's why I waited to report it until Oreo was final.  Hope someone takes a look at some point.

Best Answer

Same problem. Pixel XL running Oreo.

Best Answer

FYI, this appears to be fixed in version 2.57.

Best Answer
0 Votes
... So hopefully that drops in the play store for me soon. I'm still running 2.56
Best Answer
0 Votes

I installed the latest Android update- Oreo- yesterday. Now the Fitbit app will not let me log anything for food and crashes as soon as I click on a food item after searching. Pretty frustrating. 

Best Answer

Is there an apk uploaded anywhere (of 2.57)

Best Answer
0 Votes

They weren´t aware of the issue, but i have made a case with the support team and they are looking into it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi All,

I use google pixel XL with Fitbit Alta HR and was using android Nougat and everything was just fine and smooth. Once I upgraded to Android Oreo 8.0 I cant log food anymore! Whenever I try to log food the app immediately crashes. Actually if I log recent food (I have logged before the upgrade to Android Oreo) it works fine, but I if I try to log new food (not custom) from the database list it crashes. 

Anyone facing the same issue?

Note: I have tried to delete the app reinstall it, reset the whole OS and yet the issue is not solved. I think there is a bug! I even tried to report this to Fitbit Support account on twitter but unfortunately with no satisfying reply!

Best Answer

I have the Pixel and the alta HR and am having the same problem. Oreo beta has been out for a while and the fitbit app engineers had plenty of time to make sure it worked by the time the rest of us had to update!

Best Answer

Same issue here

@OneEyedWookie wrote:

When I search for a food to log and click on it to select it, the app crashes.

Google Pixel XL on Android 8.0

Fitbit App Version 2.56

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue here

Best Answer

Same issue here. LG/Google Nexus 5X (unlocked) with the official Oreo 8.0 release of Android.

I've been logging food via the website, but that's really annoying. Please fix!

Best Answer

I too, just purchased the Fitbit Alta HR and did the oreo update to my Pixel phone.

I'm unable to get any notification like calendar, texts etc. Connecting to bluetooth isn't working!

Best Answer

I am having the same issue on the regular Pixel with 8.0.0, or at least I believe it is the same. I can add new foods if I scan a barcode but I cannot search for foods instead. Also, sometimes adding quick calories also crashes the app.

Best Answer

It's the curse of being an early adopter. The Oreo forums are full of reports similar to this for many different apps. Since Oreo only now is starting to roll out, with many changes, I doubt that the app developers, including Fitbit, have found and addressed their vulnerabilities yet. This one is very specific and consistent, so there is no excuse for this to go on after the first post-Oreo update. That's my theory anyway.

I'm having the same problem with food search, BTW.

Best Answer