Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Oreo on Pixel: App crashing when logging Food

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 9/12/17

Hey, everyone! This issue has now been resolved with the release of the Fitbit for Android app version 2.57. Please update your apps to the latest version! Now that this issue has been resolved, I'm going to close this thread from further discussion. As always, please open a new thread if you come across any new issues. Thanks for your help! 

Hi, Pixel phone users! 

Thanks for reporting this app crash on Pixel phones with the new Oreo (8.0) Android update. The app is crashing when manually logging new foods in the app. This has been escalated to our team for investigation. Please stay tuned for any updates! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
74 REPLIES 74

I'm having the same issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue. Google Pixel XL, Fitbit Blaze, Oreo update last night and now can't log food. Been using Lifesum in the meantime. Hopefully they fix it soon.

Best Answer

Same issue here. Pixel XL on 8.0 with Charge HR.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem here. I'm new to Fitbit; I just purchased a charge 2. Same issues as all of you, Google pixel, Oreo update, can't search for food to log without it crashing. I haven't tried any other tracking features yet.

Happy to know I'm not the only one but sucky that it's not a quick fix.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue here, Fitbit app crashing on Google pixel with Android 8.0 update.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue when I search to enter food, if the food is in recent or custom it will log.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just wanted to add that the "sign out, clear cache and restart" fix does not work. At least not on the Pixel. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue with app crashing when logging food.  This is a pretty big one.  Can't believe it is taking so long to acknowledge and address.  Seems like this would dampen sales of the new smart watch.

At the very least, the web team could make the mobile site more usable for times when the app is not functioning properly.

Best Answer

You re not only one as I am experiencing same issue as you are. Hopefully they will be able to fix bugs asap. I'm getting frustrating with crashing it down every time I tried to log in meals that are my intakes. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue with logging food. Also my hasn't synced up since installing Oreo.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm also having the same issue on Pixel.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fortunately, I have a tablet that I installed the Fitbit app on. That's working fine, so I'm able to  still use the log food feature. All I have to do is sync the app on my phone after logging changes on the tablet, and it crosses over. It's a bandaid for now. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Jlm
That's a great idea. Do you know which version of Android is on your
tablet ?
I may have to dig out and old phone and log from there. For now I'm
fudging a lot of entries by using something close that has a bar code but
it make it difficult to log and not very accurate.

They really need to improve the web interface so we could use that.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Why didn't I think of that!! Perfect!
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jd1056 wrote:
Hi Jlm
That's a great idea. Do you know which version of Android is on your
tablet ?
I may have to dig out and old phone and log from there. For now I'm
fudging a lot of entries by using something close that has a bar code but
it make it difficult to log and not very accurate.

They really need to improve the web interface so we could use that.

Hey Jd! It's a Galaxy Tab A, Android version 6.0.1.

I agree, the web version needs to be better. It was the first place I went, and it wasn't very user friendly, so I couldn't figure out how to log a new food. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having same issue ruing Android 8.0 on Google Pixel XL this issue needs to be solved ASAP. it should not be taking this long for the developers to pump out a quick update

Best Answer
Hmmm...I could use an old Android I have too...
Best Answer
0 Votes

Exact problem here. Pixel XL and just did Oreo update a couple days ago. Search function and quick adds always cause app to crash.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes. I have a Fitbit just got today and running app on my google pixel xl. App crashes when I try to search for food to log. Running Android 8.0 . I.emeailed support hopefully.its fixed asap

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back guys @Tim01 @Jyapapaya @tannmann! Can you please let me know if your Pixel phones are included in our supported devices list?

Pixels.png

I'll be around! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes