Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android app incorrectly recording walks as runs

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Whenever I try to record a walk in the android app, it will instead start to record a run. How do I fix this?

Best Answer
212 REPLIES 212

It seems to be a problem across different trackers at the moment. There is nothing you can do except wait for it to be fixed (though you can report it to Support (link in my signature))

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

May I ask what type of phone you have @SunsetRunner, there have been reports that the app is receiving walks as runs. This is not related to your Charge 3.

Best Answer

Ok thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

I am also having the same problem that I set my tracker to walk and it reverts to run. This has not always happened but is really annoying!

I can not find anywhere to change it to walk afterwards and I don't want to delete the record.

Hope someone out there has the answer!

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Myself and my husband have noticed this the last few weeks on different phones so must just be an all round issue since the last update. I don't run, but if I did track both then I would be annoyed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone! 

Thanks for sharing your experiences on the matter and all of the steps that you have tried to get everything to display correctly. 

Could you share some screenshots of what you are seeing on the app? I'd also like to ask when did you find this issue to start happening? 

Look forward to your replies.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi.

This issue first started for me on Tues Jan 15. I had been able to record my walks as walks the day before. 

I select walk.

Then press the record button. 

When I finish my walk, it records it as a run.

My screen shots of the before and after my walk are here: 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/faXL2hojfqvPs82i6

Thanks for following up.

Best Answer
Same here. Right after my phone said there was an app update. My pics will
look the same (except it is real feel of -17° here so my walk was much
shorter).
Best Answer
0 Votes

As mentioned, my last walk that was recorded as a walk was Jan 13. I didn't try to record another walk until Jan 18. I've since replaced all the GPS tracks with manual entries, painstakingly recreated from the step count and heart rate graphs, so I can't give a screenshot. Maybe I'll take a walk tonight if no one else has posted.

Best Answer

as previously mentioned mine started on 15 Jan 2019 saving as a run vice walk.  My screen shots are the same as poppyL with the exception that my map would be of my local walk.  When I get ready to walk my dogs, I go to track exercise it shows walk, after I press the start button, it changes run vice walk.

Best Answer

The only way I've found to change it without deleting the record is to download the Fitbit app from the Windows 10 store. You can edit activities on there for some reason. I only found that after scouring these forums. Don't know why that option isn't available on the mobile app or through a browser.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for replying.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Suddenly when I am going to track my walks it calls it a run no matter what I select. I noticed that the icon next to all the options is the running man even if I select walk or hike. Then once I hit start, it says "Recording run" even when I've selected walk. This is driving me crazy. Is anyone else having this problem?

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue.

Best Answer

I am having the same issue. So is my colleague at work with whom i walk every day. Mine is a fitbit Surge with an moto G5 plus.

If it auto tracks it is correct. I have logged out of account but have not deleted and resynced my device. It does not sound as if this is working anyway.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I guess with all the other problems this is not as important 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I came here as well looking for an answer. It's really annoying!

Best Answer

I am also facing the same issue , any workaround ?

Best Answer

Well this is not a problem of the Charge 3 but of one of the 4 apps or the website. Which device are you using ton log the walk.

Best Answer

Hi Rich, as above, an Andriod Mobile device... to be specific, Samsung Galaxy Note 9...  Fitbit app v2.85 (20213353). Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes