Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android app incorrectly recording walks as runs

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Whenever I try to record a walk in the android app, it will instead start to record a run. How do I fix this?

Best Answer
212 REPLIES 212

I'm having the same issue and I think this started since the last update to the App.  I've not been able to track a Walk since January 20th

Best Answer
That sounds about right...I too was thinking it had something to do with
the most recent update.
Best Answer

LanuzaFitbit (Moderator) just for the fun of it today I told my fitbit app that I was doing a "Hike" it also recorded my activity as a walk.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey guys! I hope you are doin' fine! 

@the3amigos@JaneMedds@Tashurr and @RonnieDe, thanks for bringing this issue to our attention. I appreciate the time that some of you have taken to contact our Support team. Let me ask you something, please turn off auto-exercise recognition in your device settings for your next run and see if the walk changes to run. For further info about the auto detected exercises feature, please take a look at this help article: How do I track exercise and activity with my Fitbit device? 

Let me know how it goes! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

If I don't track my walk and let it pick up on auto recognise then yes it auto tracks it as a walk. But then I'm not tracked my GPS  

Best Answer
I had exactly the same
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is a Lenovo P2 (Android 7) with the latest Fitbit app (2.85).

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mines still doing it. I've emailed fitbit and sent them photos of the problem  but they just aren't getting it..

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Fitzgabbro It's great to see that you've visited the Fitbit Community! Sorry to hear that your walks are being saved incorrectly as runs on your Fitbit app. Try logging out from the app, restart your phone and then log back in. Also make sure that the app is up to date as an update was recently released.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

I just updated the app on 1/22/19 and am having the same issue. I have logged out of the app, shut my phone off, restarted my phone and app and am still experiencing the same problem. Also since the update, my ALTA HR is not recording all of my activity. Example yesterday I took 11,000 steps (walking and aerobic exercise) in 22 minutes according to the app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is also affecting me. Will select walk and as soon as I start, the status tracker on my phone shows it as a run. Samsung Galaxy S7 and Alta. 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/rKm2eXEunxA8WwDs9

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I walk to work everyday and track my walks which are about 25 mins each time. For the last 2 weeks even though in the tracker I have selected walk at the start of the exercise, when I finish these show up in the exercise summary on my phone as runs. Why is this happening. I run as well so don’t want these 2 different exercises to be recorded as the same thing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The OS would be the type of OS your phone, Android, iOS, windows..

Best Answer

@FerdinandFitbit may we have an update here? I merged a dozen threads on this subject.

Best Answer

Hello @Rlucascat may I ask you on what device are you selecting walk on?

The title says your choosing walk on your wrist. I think you might be choosing walk in the Android app, since this is currently a known issue. 

Am I correct?

Best Answer

To clarify, mine is an android OS and the issue is not with the auto recognition of the exercise but with the GPS tracking of the walk/run/hike. Upon starting the GRPS, I am afforded the opportunity to choose one of the activities listed, walk, run, or hike, but regardless of which choice I make, when complete, the activity comes back as a run. I should also note that the icon associated with each of the choices is a 'run' icon. It would seem plausible that the app itself has a bug that needs fixing.

Best Answer

This morning I reset my fitbit app.  I turned off auto-detect for Run and told it to ignore run.  Went for a short 17 min walk and it still shows I did a run.  I have Walk set for 10+ min.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi yes that's correct, I am selecting walk on my android phone. Is that
what is causing the problem?

--
Rebecca Harman - 07815 139786
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have turned off auto-exercise recognition for run and it still loggsmy walk as a run.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having exactly the same problem with my walks recording as runs. Can anyone tell me how to fix it please? 

Best Answer
0 Votes