Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Does not show heart rate info

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a charge hr, and an up to date HTC one M8, it logs my activity, it is tracking my heart rate on the wrist unit. When I sync in the app it shows me all info, calories burned, steps, duration of exercise, flights climbed etc. But when I click on heart rate in the app it says no entries logged. But if I log on here and check my dashboard it DOES show my heart rate for the duration of my exercise. So the wrist unit is indeed tracking my heart rate, but the app is not showing that it ever got any data, which is confusing as heck considering the data gets to this website via the app. So the app collects it and sends it here but reports that no data was collected for heart rate?!? Anything I can do about this or is this an issue that requires a future update?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Skbear Thanks for confirming that your heart rate information is viewable from the online Dashboard. I recommend logging out of the Fitbit app, then logging back in and giving it another try. Keep me posted.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

@Skbear Thanks for confirming that your heart rate information is viewable from the online Dashboard. I recommend logging out of the Fitbit app, then logging back in and giving it another try. Keep me posted.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer

When you say logging out and logging back in do you me actually logging out of my account or shutting down the app? I never leave the app running and I did do a force stop on it to completly re load it. Which did not work at all. So I am going to try to find where to log out of my account on the app and then hope like heck I can remember my log in info! LOL

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Skbear Regarding your question, yes, you need to log out of the app. You can find the option to log out in the app settings. Scroll down and you should find the option to log out. In order to log back in, you need to enter your email address that is linked to your Fitbit account and in case you forgot your password, the log in page give you the option to reset your password.

Let me know if more questions arise my friend and I'll be around! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer

I had the same problem (new user) where the heart rate chart did not show even though the heart rate was being monitored. Logging out of and back into the app seems to have worked.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@mljarvispe A warm welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm so glad to hear that the workaround shared above by me and my friend @ErickFitbit, helped you to get this issue sorted out.

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can create new topics, meet people and share your experiences.

Hope to see you in the Community more often! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Mine, and my partner's dashboard are not showing heart rate or steps as you do them. This is 3rd day now!

We have tried logging out and back in, forcing stop on app and resetting watch.

I have alta  HR, he has Charge 2.

Please help, it's driving me mad!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Midnight1574 I think you are being impacted by a new, known bug unrelated to the problems described in this thread. Keep an eye on the following thread which has the latest updates from fitbit on this problem:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Android-App/App-2-76-1-steps-calories-revert-to-zero-no-live-HR/td-p...

Best Answer

Thank you 🙂

Best Answer

@Midnight1574 It's great to see you here! My friend @SteveH is right. We'll make sure to update the thread he shared when a fix is available.

I appreciate your understanding and patience with this! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the fit bit ionic, and I did all of those things and nothing. I wiped my Fitbit clear. ( master rest) that changed nothing. I deleted the app, nothing. It still will not give me my heart beat and miss counts my step since Monday of last week. I emailed Fitbit and at 1st they act as if I had no problems at all. About an hour later I received an email saying yes the new update has major flaws. We all need to keep on fit bit about this issue so they will hear us and correct this issue. By the way, I sent photos of my fit bit and app to show them the flaws ,so now they get it and claim they are working on it.

Moderator edit: format

ANITA GORDON
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Anitaweev Thank you so much for your feedback and reporting this as our team is actively working on a fix to this issue. I truly understand how frustrating this is. Please keep an eye on this post since our team will post an update when available.

I appreciate your patience and time with this!

Best Answer

Thank you so much for your reply. After careful research,  not only did the fit bit update but so did my Samsung Galaxy Note 8, and the new systems are not compatible:(. So I've been using my ipod 6 and I'm back to business.  But I hope they can somehow get things back to normal.  Have a wonderful weekend and thank you again⚘🐾🐆

ANITA GORDON
Best Answer