Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App says fitbit.com is down for maintenance

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can't even login. Cleared my cache, turned wifi and bluetooth off, uninstalled and reinstaled the app, restarted the phone, restarted the fitbit, tried again, and no luck. Please help!!! 😞 Android 5.0.1 on Samsung Galaxy Note Edge...

Best Answer
67 REPLIES 67

Your welcome fitbit person.( I am sure your great and lovely. What I am
about to say next is not towards you or your awesome coworkers nor do I
mean any offense but do understand that the truth can sometimes be a bit
harsh : ) ) Now there are many issues that are related to this same problem
and many fraustrating threads that have gone unsolved that could be easily
fixed with different combinations of this workaround(not real solution but
temporary one) of my same solution. Also it is very easy to produced this
error on any device that I have tested so far but yet you guys dont fix
these fruastrating issues to your valued users (data mining humans). I am
more than happy to take a part time job to help you guys out.(aka do your
job for you/ do the job of who ever is droping the ball/ failing to pick up
the ball and get this stuffed fix.). Thanks for the awesome products but
not so awesome/ lack of real solutions to recurrent problems of your
products.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Paymeforfixing and @Prtkyp.

@Paymeforfixing Thanks for sharing your feedback on the matter. I assure you that all comments are taking into consideration and that I'll be bringing this up to the rest of the team. 

Feel free to reach out to me with any questions you might have. 

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes it has fixed my problem. And many thanks to this. But this is a long
effort to sync the device every time.

I have done a mistake buying this device.

Fitbit community should provide a long term fix.
Best Answer
Yes it has fixed my problem. And many thanks to this. But this is a long effort to sync the device every time. I have done a mistake buying this device. Fitbit community should provide a long term fix.
Best Answer

I am glad it worked out. 

Best Answer

Hello @Prtkyp and @Paymeforfixing.

Glad to know that it did work. @Prtkyp perhaps you could select @Paymeforfixing's post as the solution by clicking on the 'Accept as Solution' button. That will highlight the post and make it easier for other users having the same issue to find.

Feel free to reach out with any questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

I just got the message on my phone that Fitbit is down. Period. Tried to get my password, got message no internet. But internet's working fine. What's the deal. Something is wrong.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, 

This was happening to me. Synced fine this-morning, then when I went to input my lunch at 1200 it wouldn't log in, gave me the 'fitbit.com is down' message etc and 'cannot connect.'

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, on and off bluetooth and on and off wifi and nothing worked.

I then came online and found this forum, I read through the thread and then tried restarting my mobile phone. 

It now works. I don't know if it was restarting the phone that did it, or a combination of everything I did before + the restart.

Hope this helps.

Caroline

Best Answer

..trying to delete this post but it won't let me.... cause i wanted to go back and uncheck the box that says to email me when someone replies...

oh well..

I was able to disconnect WIFI and reopen the app using only the cellular and it worked.

The one thing I don't like is , I haven't sycn'd in a few months, and when this happened, it lost my steps from today. I can add 1200 to the total myself 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @triseanj@KaiIsileth and @Viennagirl.

@Viennagirl Have you gone through the different steps that have been shared by @Paymeforfixing and @KaiIsileth? They should definitely help.

@KaiIsileth Thanks for sharing your experience and what worked for you. 

@triseanj You can unsubscribe from the thread by clicking on the small hear icon that shows up on the top-left of the thread. A small menu should come up, look for the Unsubscribe button and that should prevent any more emails from reaching you.

Please let me know if there are any further questions! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello used Fitbit app this morning no problem after watching today show about security tried to log in and get a black screen

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community @Barbaraspill66.

That sounds very bothersome. 

It is possible that the app is not loading correctly for some reason. Let's try to force close the app and then open it once again. That will force it to reload and then everything should display correctly once  again.

Look forward to your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes

In my particular case, my Samsung Galaxy 8 had turned off Digicert certificates for some reason.  Simply turned it back on and it started working immediately

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @DerrickM.

Thanks for those updates. Glad to read that it is all working correctly now.

If you have the time, maybe you could visit one of our Discussion boards. Lots of different topics to talk about so maybe you will find something interesting in there.

Feel free to let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Last updated on the 4th, my blaze didn't start acting up till the 12th. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, I have the same issue with Fitbit. I also have an android so you think it is just a bug and they will send out an update for it. It worked at 4:05am central time today but since 5:30am I get that message 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @Jude20 and @Jude20.

Let me help you figure out what is going on. 

In this case are you experiencing syncing issues or issues with the app itself? If it is with the app, let's try to force close the app and then open it once again. That should do the trick. For the syncing, please try to follow the steps listed in this help article.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That did the trick. thanks so much for the help 

Best Answer

Hi, I am having the same issue where it said fitbit.com was under maintenance. So i tried to log out and now I cannot even log back in. It tells me my email or password are invalid but they are correct because I was able to log in here. I tried to force stop but I still cannot log in. HELP

Best Answer
Yes, I was finally able to get mine resolved.
Thank you for your response.
Best Answer