Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App says fitbit.com is down for maintenance

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can't even login. Cleared my cache, turned wifi and bluetooth off, uninstalled and reinstaled the app, restarted the phone, restarted the fitbit, tried again, and no luck. Please help!!! 😞 Android 5.0.1 on Samsung Galaxy Note Edge...

Best Answer
67 REPLIES 67

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Apossibly89! We haven't received any report that Fitbit app is down. I'd verify, certificates on your device for the Fitbit App needs to be enabled. Please try the following: 

1) Make sure your current date and time are correct. The easiest way to do this is to visit Settings> Date & Time and make sure that the "Automatic Time Zone" and "Automatic Date & Time" are both checked. 

2) Make sure that all certificates that reference Fitbit.com are enabled on your handset. The easiest way to do this is to: 

- Open Settings> Security> Trusted Credentials .
- Make sure that all certificates that start with either "AddTrust" or "AddTrust AB", as well as "COMODO" are all enabled. To enable, click on the entry in the list, then scroll down and click the "Enable" button 
- Then reboot your phone (this is required to register the changes in the certificates.) 

I hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Still no luck. All the certificates were already selected and I verified the time zones were also set to automatic. Still no luck. It has worked great for months, and I made no changes/downloads to my phone since the last time I synced on wednesday. Thank you for trying to help, any other suggestions besides having to wipe the phone and start from scratch?

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer

I'd hold my horses with wiping your phone @Apossibly89. Fitbit has recently released an update for the Android app. It will be rolling out for all users during the next week. My advise for you is wait a little bit to see how the update works. Once you have updated your app you can reply in this thread letting me know how it goes. I'll gladly continue working with you and this matter.

Let me know if you have any other question.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Any idea when the new update will come out? Or could you send me the last version before the current one?
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Apossibly89 Check out our Android app release thread here. We always update that whenever there is a new release available and also contains a link to the Google Play Store. We don't have the ability to downgrade your app version, only upgrade. See ya around.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
I'm really frustrated at this, why hasn't this been resolved yet? It's just an ugly watch now
Best Answer

Why does this product require access to fitbit.com to save my progress anyway!? Why can't you do it offline whenever you want for your records and have it sync online while you're asleep if you want my fitness records so bad???  junk. Product support can't do anything for me other than lie about the servers being down and lie about an app update that's coming out next week. 

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity

Best Answer
I have done all the above and mine still says fitbit is down for maintenance. Please can someone help as.this could be going in the bin and I'll be buying a jawbone soon!
Best Answer

Hey there @Apossibly89 @Fatclaire are you still having this issue? Please make sure you have the latest version now. Make sure of keep an eye on this thread about Android app

See you! Woman Wink

Retired ModeratorCindy | Community Moderator

Was this what you were looking for? Vote for it and mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hell no, this happened monthis ago and was a constant issue. I got rid of that piece of junk and bought a gamin one
Best Answer

Thanks for your reply and feedback @Apossibly89! Rest assured we are always working to improve our products and services and your comments are greatly appreciated! 

Good luck! Woman Wink

Retired ModeratorCindy | Community Moderator

Was this what you were looking for? Vote for it and mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@CindyFitbit wrote:

Thanks for your reply and feedback @Apossibly89! Rest assured we are always working to improve our products and services and your comments are greatly appreciated! 

Good luck! Woman Wink

CindyFitbit, It is good that you want to improve your products but how about providing a solution to this problem.  I have tried to resolve this issue for over 2 months but it seems like your solution is to return the fitbit and purchase a competitive product.

Thank you

Best Answer

This happened to mine as well. Try logging in from a browser on your computer and add device from there. Worked for me!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm also having trouble with the App. It will not let me log in. It gives me a message Invalid email or password. I can log on the computer without any issues.

Best Answer

Hey @Sunrise8!

That is very odd. I'd like to know if the issue has continued since then or if you've been able to access your account correctly. 

Look forward to your reply.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, All I had this issue as well and also No network connection. So quick workaround log into a different device( friends phone, labtop, Tablet, Whatever supports the fitbit app) and update your Fitbit device to the correct time and date. Then remove your fitbit device from your phone/pc/tablet/whatever from the saved Bluetooth device list. (delete/unpair the fitbit device so you can repair it.) Make sure you have uninstalled the Fitbit app when doing this.(Also use a DIFFERENT WI-FI OR CELL internet connection when doing this IT REALLY HELPS) Also, remove your device from your Fitbit account (via your friend's device) Now all there is left to do is to restart your phone download the app and resync your device to your account like you did the very first time you got it. ( FITBIT PLEASE PAY ME FOR FIXING THIS FRUSTRATING ISSUE) . A Little bit complicated but what you are trying to do is to reset everything when you never had a Fitbit and then reinstalling everything back as new.  Hope this helps. (almost forgot,  use a different app tracker that works with Fitbit device you might like it more than the actual Fitbit app). 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @Paymeforfixing.

Thank you very much for sharing that process with everyone! I greatly appreciate it. I'll be sure to share it with any users that are having the same issue. If someone can confirm that this does indeed work, please let us know.

Feel free to reach out with any questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

This is not even helping me.  Tierd trying everything....  Please help me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you connect your fitbit to a different device and update it using a
different device?(that should not give you any issues). The phone app will
not work unless you turn off your wifi connection(restart ur phone make
sure wifi is off) use your cell phone internet (or any other internet
connection other than the one giving the app trouble.) That should fix your
issue. I do not work for fitbit but feel free to pay me.

Best Answer